Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:59:58 PM EDT
what is the red ring of death and what causes it? why dont they have a fix for it? well I guess they have a fix for it but what causes it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
they do have a fix for it.  you send it in, and they fix it, and then they send it back.  fixed!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
They fixed mine for free even after the warranty expired.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just fixed my 360 this weekend using the xclamp fix and the penny trick.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
My Halo 3 edition 360 RROD'ed last year.  I found a guy near me that has a BGA rework station on Craig's list.

He reflowed it, did the clamp mod for the heatsink, and it has run fine since.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine began sounding like an airplane taking off, then I got the RROD about a month later. Sent it in about a year ago and it's as quiet as the PS3 now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
my RROD happened about a month after I got onto Xbox live (after having my 360 for about 2 years).  Was working fine then it went kaput. would get a video freeze and what could have been described as a loud pop from the speakers...nothing about $100 couldnt fix. got it back from the repair facility in under 2 weeks.  Ive heard heat causes the RROD if its not kept in a well ventillated area.  Outside of that your guess is as good as mine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top