Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 8:41:58 PM EDT
I have had a couple on occasion, prescribed by Dr. Mom. They make me sleepy. What do they do for people that makes them worth stealing/abusing? et c.?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:00:59 AM EDT
Bump. Anybody know why somebody would risk jail to get drowsy with this crap when C-Span runs all night?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:05:54 AM EDT
They're a benzo.

Some people get addicted to them.

Hilarity ensues.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:06:03 AM EDT
They are a benzodiazepine class anxiolytic. In lay speak, they are chill pills.
Why do people like to drink or do drugs? Because they like the way it makes them feel.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:15:16 AM EDT
if you start to take them.
keep it under control.
Highly addictive .
what ever you do don't quit cold turkey, you then will have a chemical imbalance.
which will surely screw w/you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:31:59 AM EDT
I used to work at a drug rehab treatment center. Heroin and Xanex addicts would usually bolt from treatment after a couple of days without.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:34:14 AM EDT
Gimme a good ole' Quaalude anyday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:38:19 AM EDT
Wow. I guess there's a buzz for every taste.

My experience with them has been limited to my saintly mother saying "You look tired. Have you been sleeping?"

"Not much."

"Here. Take this about 8:00."

"Yes, ma'am."

. . . . tick tock. . . 8 PM . . . *swallow*. . . 8:15. . .*yawn*. . . 8:22. . .*ZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz.*

I understand other drugs. I guess Xanax must make some people euphoric or something. I just don't see the allure of something that in my experience just makes you sleepy - unless you want to go to sleep.

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:50:47 AM EDT
So then at 8:25 you won't hear the tapping on your window. Works for me.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:21:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
So then at 8:25 you won't hear the tapping on your window. Works for me.

photos1.blogger.com/img/293/2932/640/monkey.jpg

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:33:47 AM EDT
2 mg Xanax and a 6 pack of beer.
Hang on for the ride.

I've done some duuuumb shit in my day, the Xanax period was one of them.
But goddamn it was fun.

Think of it as a chill pill on steroids. Your just the easiest goin, happiest most laid back guy in the world.
Downside is you dont remember a damn thing. You can party all night long on them, crash and the next day you wont remember ANYTHING.
Took my friend out partying on them one time, we ended up with a group of girls. I left to get beer, he was partying by himself with 6 hot chics.
He didnt score, and the next day when I asked him if he hooked up with any of the chics he looks me in the eye and dead serious asks "Whats girls?"

Damn college was fun.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:53:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 7:55:36 AM EDT by bullsi]

= trouble

High doses of benzo's have an amnesic effect , small doses of benzo's and ETOH also have an amnesic effect. I always preferred to remember having fun.One time I took some xanax, drank some vodka, and settled down to watch the telly...... I woke up about 5 hours later and looked down at my hand to see an entire cigarette ash still hanging on the butt, it was curved down toward the floor but I had been so still that it didn't break off. I may have actually been a ZOMBIE for 5 hours, scary especially now that I now all ar15.commers want to shoot zombies

edited for the ss
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:56:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bullsi:

= trouble

+1. Benzos are VERY safe, right up to when you mix them with alcohol. At that point, it becomes a sort of crap shoot as to whether or not your respiration will continue on its own.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:03:41 AM EDT
My wife and her Dad and his Mom all take Xanax, well, my wife doesn't anymore, but her dad and grandma live on them. They're all so highstrung 24 hours a day, Xanax makes them normal. When I tried them all it did was put me to sleep. When mixed with beer, that was another story.

I'm already a very laid back person, so if I were to have a choice, I'd take Opioid's over a Xanax style pill anyday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:03:59 AM EDT
most addicts ive seen take 10-15 mg at one time
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:08:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rogerdodger:

I find that difficult to believe. Who the hell are you hanging out with?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:13:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
I have had a couple on occasion, prescribed by Dr. Mom. They make me sleepy. What do they do for people that makes them worth stealing/abusing? et c.?

larger quantities and alcohol change things a bit. I advise not to experiment with such cocktails.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:15:29 AM EDT
I was perscribed them in June of this year for panic/anxiety attacks (have been to the ER 3 times for them before this). They have saved me numerous times. When I feel one coming on I'll take 1-2mg's and 15 minutes later, be myself again. I do feel some dependency on them, as I will usually take 1/2mg during the weekdays around 12-2pm when I start feeling anxious. I can get by on the weekends without them though as I can sleep in and am not occupied with doing a million things a minute, like at work. My brother has friends who get them illegally and do abuse them, more of a party drug. They'll take 2mg's, a couple beers and a joint,,, that'd probably kill me if I ever tried.

They do intensify alcohol. Even 1mg with 6-8 drinks will make you not remember the night before. I did that once, and only once. Ended up waking up on my friends couch infront of about 10 bucks worth of taco bell. When I woke up I didn't know where I was and I didn't even remember eating taco bell the night before.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:17:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thelastgunslinger:

Originally Posted By bullsi:

= trouble

+1. Benzos are VERY safe, right up to when you mix them with alcohol. At that point, it becomes a sort of crap shoot as to whether or not your respiration will continue on its own.

Oh poo. Media scare tactics. Nothing more.
Perfectly safe. Now go get that Pill n Swill on!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:19:14 AM EDT
People use chemicals to alter their reality, be they drugs or liquor, because they are weak and should be culled from the herd.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:20:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAggie:
People use chemicals to alter their reality, be they drugs or liquor, because they are weak and should be culled from the herd.

I got my Bushmaster.
You go ahead and try to cull.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:22:53 AM EDT

Why is it so hard to believe?

Standard dose for panic disorder is 10mg.

WAY more than for other uses. And they live.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:27:53 AM EDT
My mom got prescribed Xanax back in the early 80's and got hooked pretty bad. She finally had to go into detox to get off of them. She's been off them for 20 years now. Bad shit, man. Bad shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:32:31 AM EDT

my brother is clean 3 years, but b4 he was popping 15 1mg"s a day on average, along with smoking crack
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:34:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 8:38:35 AM EDT by AR15fan]
Xanax is an anti-anxiety tranquilizer, not a sleep aid. Sleepiness is a listed side effect and overdose indicator/warning.

BTW: Is there a reason you are misusing Rx drugs that were prescribed to your mother? Is the diversion and misuse of Rx drugs legal in your state?

If you need a sleep aid go see your doctor and get a prescription of your own. But please dont drive or handle firearms while taking sleep aids or your moms Xanax.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:56:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Xanax is an anti-anxiety tranquilizer, not a sleep aid. Sleepiness is a listed side effect and overdose indicator/warning.

BTW: Is there a reason you are misusing Rx drugs that were prescribed to your mother? Is the diversion and misuse of Rx drugs legal in your state?

If you need a sleep aid go see your doctor and get a prescription of your own. But please dont drive or handle firearms while taking sleep aids or your moms Xanax.

I live in a free state where anything your mother says is good for you is perfectly legal, as long as she's not Ma Barker. All kidding aside, I am close to fanatical about guns and intoxicants: if you're around me, you may choose one or the other, but I ain't sticking around if both are in play.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:33:44 AM EDT

my brother is clean 3 years, but b4 he was popping 15 1mg"s a day on average, along with smoking crack

Was the Xanax being used to take the edge off the crack, or was the crack being used to keep the Xanax from knocking him out?

Either way, that sounds awful.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:38:58 AM EDT

Was the Xanax being used to take the edge off the crack, or was the crack being used to keep the Xanax from knocking him out?

Either way, that sounds awful.

he got lucky that his heart didn't stop from such a combination of extreme uppers and downers. I know a handful of people that died by doing stupid shit like that
Top Top