Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 12:02:40 AM EDT by brainslushy]
Gotta post this...too funny.

Here's the setting, myself & Sagus, work here in dispatch. We dispatch for the city PD and also for the county Sheriff. I'm the communications supervisor and Sagus is the County dispatcher. With it being Christmas night here in Southwest Indiana, EVERYPLACE is closed. Knowing this, all of us at dispatch brought in leftovers, junkfood, etc. (I mean come on, lets face it....besides sitting on our arse, dispatchers are experts when it comes to feeding time, right? We knew we wouldn't have any food options available to us except for what we brought.)

So anyway......what follows is our good fun for the night....
(as written by Sagus)

One of the deputies, who shall remain nameless, sent me a message on his MCT (He's trying to find someplace to eat that's open):

Deputy: "What's the number to IHOP?"
Sagus: "471-0510"

2 minutes later:
Deputy: "What's the number to Steak N' Shake?"
Sagus: "475-1400"

2 minutes later:
Deputy: "What's the number to Denny's?"
Sagus: "(gives brainslushy's cell phone)"

I warned Slushy. He stood up and answered the phone:

Slush: "Denny's West, how may I help you?"
Deputy: "I was just calling to see if you were open tonight"
Slush: "Well, are you a government employee?"
Deputy: "Yes"
Slush: "Well, actually we're closed but we're only serving the City Police Officers tonight...are you an City Police Officer?"
Deputy: "No, but, I'm a County Sheriff's Deputy"
Slush: "I'm not sure if we serving JUST deputys....Hang on, I'll have to check with my manager"

Slush held down the phone, and tried to keep from laughing, because the deputy was buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Slush: "I'm sorry sir, I just checked with my manager and he says we're only serving Police Officers, not deputies. I'm sorry."
Deputy: "Uuuuhhhh.....Oookay...thanks."

Ok, so I was able to stop him just before he hung up and told him it was me and that we'd just had a little fun at his expense. Man, he bought it hook, line and sinker too. He was laughing so hard....then, ominously said paybacks would be hell. So now of course, we're watching the outside monitors for any suspicious activity outside the comm center. lol

Oh, it gets a little better. Another Deputy sends Sagus a message and says, "Hey!! Any idea where some brothers can get a bite to eat? We're starving out here and everyplace is closed." Sagus, sends a reply "Get with Deputy so-and-so on Car-to-Car...he just found someplace that's open." So the deputy does, and he gives him my phone number again and this time HE calls. It was great.

I feel kinda bad though....I'm sitting on a mountain of cookies while those poor guys are starving. Oh well, I'm saving up for the winter. lol.

Fockin' Dispatchers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:01:22 AM EDT
Twas fun.

One of the other dispatchers sent him a message: "I guess we're not going to be losing you to the detective office anytime soon huh?" No reply....

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:29:45 PM EDT
Thats a good one
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:49:16 PM EDT
We got a nice tin of those danish butter cookies here. Mmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:54:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:24:10 AM EDT
Can I complain about desk sergeants here? :-D They are kinda the same. lol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:30:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:00:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JSteensen:
Can I complain about desk sergeants here? :-D They are kinda the same. lol.

Hey. It took me 23 years and an on the job injury to get the desk sergeant job. Only had it for one month, back on the road again.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:06:27 AM EDT
lol, no thankee. So not my thing. I didn't join the Army to desk jockey. If I wanted that I would have kept my pre-Army job and been making 4x what Im making now doing computer work.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:09:29 AM EDT
THEN NEXT ONE OF YOU NUMBNUTS THAT SAYS SHENANIGANS IS GONNA HURT!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:20:15 AM EDT
Shenanigans.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:42:29 AM EDT
Farva!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:58:00 AM EDT
You mean "Shenanigans?"
Top Top