Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 6:22:57 AM EDT
Update to an earlier post:

I ordered a set of GR sights for my Marlin 1894c.  Took the old sights off, put the new sights on with no problem.  Then I tried to loosen the windage screws on the rear sight.  Broke my screwdriver.  Thought I just had a bad screwdriver, so I went and bought a small set of Craftsmens.  Broke two of those and only managed to break one screw free.  Called Justin at XS sights and he said they might have gotten a little too much loctite on them.  Asked me for my address and sent me a brand new rear sight, along with a postage paid envelope to mail the old sight back in.  Very cool.  Got my new rear sight on and proceeded to break 4 more Craftsmen and 2 Cobalt screwdrivers.  By this time I was getting pretty frustrated.  Packed up my rifle and headed to Dad's.  Told him what was going on, and he asked if I was using "precision" type screwdrivers.  I said yep, and he said there lies your problem.  Went out to his trusty tool chest and pulled out a regular screwdriver.  Screw came loose easy as pie.  He said the "precision ones just don't have enough metal to them to do what I needed them too.  In the process of breaking the last six screwdrivers, I buggered up the screws a little.  Called Justin again and told him the whole story.  Asked him if there was any way to order a few of the windage screws.  He thougt for a second, and then said that the screws I took out of the reciever to mount the rear sight were the exact same ones used in the sight, so I still had a brand new set of them.  XS sights will be getting more of my business, I learned a few new things, and I have the nicest set of sights I could ask for on my rifle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I am glad it worked out well for you. I have heard a lot of good about XS.

Yep, those "precision" drivers sometimes just don't have the meat on them necessary for good torque.

Glad your dad broke out the big guns.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am glad it worked out well for you. I have heard a lot of good about XS.

Yep, those "precision" drivers sometimes just don't have the meat on them necessary for good torque.

Glad your dad broke out the big guns.

Dad–– Life wouldn't be the same without him.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT for the afternoon crew
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT for the  night crew.  Last time, I promise
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top