Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2018 2:33:58 AM EDT
Wife is set on moving to a few states. Wyoming is one in consideration.

We like the mountains but most of the WY DOC places are in flat land.
I've been doing corrections for 19 years now in Colorado here. Wife can work anywhere in her profession and would be the bread winner. Yes, I got lucky there...

I love to shoot at long range and own legal neat class 3 stuff that liberal states hates. That keeps me from wanting to go to Michigan where she is wanting to go.
That place truly has a 30-30 mindset as its all forest and you cant see anything past 100 yards. I love my 6.5 CM and hitting out to 1600yds.

Question...
Is the WY DOC as hug a thug as most states? When I started Colorado DOC there were no cameras and things happened. Times have changed and cameras are everywhere now I know. Going from when I started to "power outages in the VCR" till an inmate knows he fked up and will never do said thing again to the now of placing a mint on the pillow.... times have changed...

Anyhow, thoughts going forward here. ...

Does the DOC there spend most of their time on messing with staff or do they work on making it safer for staff? That is the question.
Would a move to the Wy DOC be the same as I have here or is it worse?
As old as I have gotten I don't want to dump inmates all the time anymore. What is the relationship with staff and inmates there?

Any help would be helpful as to the direction I go with.
Other option is going for deputy sheriff at where she might like.

Help...

ETA: I went from Colorado CSP Ad Seg to the minimum camps where I do external security now, Driving around with guns is nice to being in a facility. Took a long time to unwind from the rough and tumble of 3 forced cells a day to listening to the radio and doing rounds in the vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I got nuttin. Sorry. I thought I did.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
No one here works DOC in Wy, got it
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to work DOC in Georgia. We were not allowed to put anything on social media. May be Wyoming code also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top