Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 9:48:30 AM EDT
I was at the store this weekend, (atleast I got what I went after this time), someone was getting an XM radio, they had finished asking someone about some station on it and I let them know that XM had employed about 200 people here in town and let them go last month when they sent thier jobs to Jamacia, he still got the radio.

If I knew a place had done that, I would probaly avoid their product, especially since its in the town you live in.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

If I knew a place had done that, I would probaly avoid their product, especially since its in the town you live in.

Why?

Do you not support a business making a profit?

Do you even understand WHY they had to relocate?

Have you put any real thought or research into this at all?

Do you think the company OWES people a job?

Why?

If you were the owner of a company wouldn't YOU do everything possible to keep it profitable?

After all, you have a responsibility to your stockholders also...who just happen to often be middleclass people themselves.

So why should THEY suffer for your town?

Tell me...WHY TAXMAN?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Why?

If you were the owner of a company wouldn't YOU do everything possible to keep it profitable?

After all, you have a responsibility to your stockholders also...who just happen to often be middleclass people themselves.

Tell me...WHY TAXMAN?

Sgat1r5

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Jamacians need jobs too
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]
People don't care until it effects their paycheck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was at the store this weekend, (atleast I got what I went after this time), someone was getting an XM radio, they had finished asking someone about some station on it and I let them know that XM had employed about 200 people here in town and let them go last month when they sent thier jobs to Jamacia, he still got the radio.

what American made goods were you buying at the store?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what American made goods were you buying at the store?

I think the case fans were but they were not on sale like they were posted, so no case fans for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I think its a business' right to send their jobs over seas just as its my right to buy domestic.  I'm with Taxman on this.  Bravo too.  I don't blame companies who suffer under US Labor Unions to turn a profit but I do blame consumers who ignore the trade deficit.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Why?

Tell me...WHY TAXMAN?

Sgat1r5

+1

+2
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]
i just buy it...the cheaper the better
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think its a business' right to send their jobs over seas just as its my right to buy domestic.  I'm with Taxman on this.  Bravo too.  I don't blame companies who suffer under US Labor Unions to turn a profit but I do blame consumers who ignore the trade deficit.

Patty

Well these jobs were union or that highpaying
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top