Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 7:33:50 PM EDT
So here's the deal.  I've been thinking about writing a few short stories about assassins.  Of course since this is a new topic for me I don't know whee to begin.  So let's start with the basics, what kind of weapons do professinal and international assassins use?  Whee can you find history and infomation about assassins?  Etc.   I thought you guys could help me out on the subject , at least with weapon details.

And I'll say this now, this infomation I'm collecting is for research and writing only.  It's not like I can use the infomation for anything else or that I want to.  It's just a peace of mind for anyone considering helping me out.

Thanks alot guys!

Oh yeah if anyone's a professinal writer and be willing to pass on a few tips, I'd really appreciate it.  :)

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally use the Deagle Fitty.  I know they are banned, but I have a special assasin's permit.
Sheep
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean like CIA ninjas or mafia hitmen? r both?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oh yeah if anyone's a professinal writer and be willing to pass on a few tips, I'd really appreciate it.  :)

I'm a screenwriting student at nyu and have had some articles published in a few magazines.

Learn how to research, It is an extremely important aspect of writing.

Start with an encyclopedia. Use google. Go to the library.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask fadedsun, the ATF intern
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Most assassins are just deranged losers.  Are there really international hit men for hire out there?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask the professionals here:

www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Most assassins are just deranged losers.  Are there really international hit men for hire out there?

Yes.  There are private individuals, there are individuals "on retainer" for drug cartels, there are assassins implementing US policy using non-diplomatic means since Bush nullified the prohibition on assissination that Carter enacted, there are crazy-assed Mafia hitman such as "The Iceman", there are a wide variety, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
"You're not an assassin. You're a grocery boy ... sent to collect a bill."
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The tools of an assassin are as varied as the people they are contracted to silence. Bombs, poison, bullets, "natural causes", you name it.

Rent "Grosse Pointe Blank" to get a brief synopsis of how Hollywood thinks it's done. Or just to see Minnie Driver's tits jiggle. The tits are real.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
There was this guy at a car wash. Carried his Glock fotay in his waistband.... You should ask him.
Good luck
CH
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I found this:

(a) The precision rifle. In guarded assassination, a good hunting or target rifle should always be considered as a possibility. Absolute reliability can nearly always be achieved at a distance of one hundred yards. In ideal circumstances, t he range may be extended to 250 yards. The rifle should be a well made bolt or falling block action type, handling a powerful long-range cartridge. The .300 F.A.B. Magnum is probably the best cartridge readily available. Other excellent calibers are . 375 M.[illeg]. Magnjavascript:document.frm.submit();
Submitum, .270 Winchester, .30 - 106 p.s., 8 x 60 MM Magnum, 9.3 x
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I've always found my Walther PPK to be sufficient.  That or the machine guns and rockets mounted on my Aston Martin.  Either one will do the job quickly and get me back to hooking up with hot foreign girls.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So here's the deal.  I've been thinking about writing a few short stories about assassins.  Of course since this is a new topic for me I don't know whee to begin.  So let's start with the basics, what kind of weapons do professinal and international assassins use?  

Hillary crept up behind Vince and raised the tire iron...

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Your user name "Black Winged Angel" is probably another word for "Angel of Death", and you are asking us questions about assassination tools, etc because you are writing a story.  Interesting.  I think you are more likely thinking about going into a new line of work. You have probably been watching too many movies.  One thing you need to know about Hollywood's depiction about anything -- it is usually inaccurate.  They portray Private Investagors as  doing glamour jobs when the reality is closer to pissing in a bottle at 2am in the morning in a freezing car (you cant' start the engine because it draws attention and you can't leave the car) waiting for Jim to leave the secretaries' house and go home to his wife.  Why don't you talk to some vets and ask them about killing.  If they are willing to talk to you about it, it may change your perspective altogether.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The tools of an assassin are as varied as the people they are contracted to silence. Bombs, poison, bullets, "natural causes", you name it.

Rent "Grosse Pointe Blank" to get a brief synopsis of how Hollywood thinks it's done. Or just to see Minnie Driver's tits jiggle. The tits are real.

I think "the whole 9 yards" was more realistic, the tits were better too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So here's the deal.  I've been thinking about writing a few short stories about assassins.  Of course since this is a new topic for me I don't know whee to begin.  So let's start with the basics, what kind of weapons do professinal and international assassins use?  Whee can you find history and infomation about assassins?  Etc.   I thought you guys could help me out on the subject , at least with weapon details.

And I'll say this now, this infomation I'm collecting is for research and writing only.  It's not like I can use the infomation for anything else or that I want to.  It's just a peace of mind for anyone considering helping me out.

Thanks alot guys!

As I understand it, the best use a 22 and a 38.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks alot guys!

Don't forget the powerful .177!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Thought Clinton was one of the best, he used airplane accidents...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Your user name "Black Winged Angel" is probably another word for "Angel of Death", and you are asking us questions about assassination tools, etc because you are writing a story.  Interesting.  I think you are more likely thinking about going into a new line of work. You have probably been watching too many movies.  One thing you need to know about Hollywood's depiction about anything -- it is usually inaccurate.  They portray Private Investagors as  doing glamour jobs when the reality is closer to pissing in a bottle at 2am in the morning in a freezing car (you cant' start the engine because it draws attention and you can't leave the car) waiting for Jim to leave the secretaries' house and go home to his wife.  Why don't you talk to some vets and ask them about killing.  If they are willing to talk to you about it, it may change your perspective altogether.

My name has nothing to do with it.  But you're probably right about Hollywood and movies.  I know a private eyes work is 90% dull.   So maybe I should drop the subject, like I have any right.

I won't stop writing if that's what you're indicating.  I love it too much, it's just another  subject that;'s becoe untouchable.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks alot guys!

Only beginners. The pros use the full power shot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Check out "The Iceman".

Stone cold hitman.

HBO did an interview with him, pretty g'damn interesting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Rent Leon/The Professional, The Full 9 Yards, and Pulp Fiction. There. Start writing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Check out "The Iceman".

Stone cold hitman.

HBO did an interview with him, pretty g'damn interesting.

He has what I call "dead eyes".  Stone-cold killer.  He once walked up and shot a driver in a car with a crossbow just to test how effective it was.  He also cut his best friend in half and put his body in a barrel, because the friend said something wrong, and he kept a body in a freezer in his basement for six months.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My name has nothing to do with it.  But you're probably right about Hollywood and movies.  I know a private eyes work is 90% dull.   So maybe I should drop the subject, like I have any right.

I won't stop writing if that's what you're indicating.  I love it too much, it's just another  subject that;'s becoe untouchable.  

Check your Instant Messenger.  If I was wrong, I apologize for assuming the worst.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Start here:
Introduction to The Assassin Legends

www.iis.ac.uk/learning/life_long_learning/assassin_legends/assassin_legends.htm

Hint:  Bin Laden derived inspiration from him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top