Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:15:14 PM EDT
www.commonwealthtimes.com/media/storage/paper634/news/2006/04/10/EditorialsLetters/Opinion.In.Brief-1803318.shtml?norewrite200604102112&sourcedomain=www.commonwealthtimes.com

Well over a million people of all ages have rallied for immigration rights in the past few weeks. When was the last time this many people literally got together to speak up for a cause in the U.S.? Has there ever been such a time?

Such involvement is admirable and inspiring, but it's also a shame. It's a shame that people who aren't even citizens are more politically active than the rest of us.

To some degree our lack of protest en masse is understandable. We obviously have a lot to object, given the current administration. Those who disagree with President Bush's policies wouldn't have time for anything else if they decided to rally every time Bush did something wrong.

But even though disagreeing with the president is exhausting work these days, voters should be more visible and vocal with their displeasure. It seems like every other country has a more concerned electorate than we. Look at the Ukraine, Thailand, the entire Arab population, even France and you'll see that by all appearances we are either very lazy or very unconcerned with political problems.

And now we're being shown up by our own country. That's sad.

This was published today, I will hopefully get something in there next week or the week after. I plan on quoting somem of the La Raza and Aztlan people.

Anybody wanna help?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:32:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fiend:

<Snip> Anybody wanna help?

Well, I don't know about help, but I will say keep up the good work!

Who knows: your words might influence some of your fellow students to become normal, non-communist human beings one day.
Top Top