Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 6:09:44 PM EDT
I am writing a paper for my intro to criminal justice class and am mostly looking for input from dealers. I would like to know how the AWB affetced them both pre- & post. My instructor is an anti so I would like to have real world people's info in this paper.

For the gun violence section I will be using violent crime stats from before, during, and the little time after the AWB.

I am not asking for help in my research but, if any of you have any good links or material that you have come across I would appreciate seeing it. I will doing a power point presentation on this at the end of class so I want this to be good. Thanks for the help all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to read about the gun market influence from the ban, tell of all the small businesses going out when the ban came into effect.

I bet you, if you looked at the unemployment in firearm/accessory making towns/cities, that unemployment took about a 1-2% increase during November or December.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I didn't really notice this.  There are in fact more dealers and manufacturers than ever before.

...Just look at sales during the first fiscal quarter of 1995. Things picked up after that, but the market was hit hard during 1995. Lay offs, Chapter 9 in a few smaller companies, ect.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
You shut off the game huh???

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You shut off the game huh???

No I am still suffering through it. Right now it is 9-3 sox in the top of ninth with runners on the corners and 1 out. THIS SUCKS!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you want to read about the gun market influence from the ban, tell of all the small businesses going out when the ban came into effect.

I bet you, if you looked at the unemployment in firearm/accessory making towns/cities, that unemployment took about a 1-2% increase during November or December.

I hadn't even considered the employment/unemloyment factor. That might be a good section to add to the paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top