Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 7:11:09 AM EDT
I would like to suggest that people here let the Whitehouse know that
you appreciate and support the Administration's definition of the
individual rights detailed in the 2nd Amendment.

We all know that the Whitehouse is going to take a lot of heat over this
from the 'Left'. In fact, it has already started. The news stations are
already lining up the hand wringing Left Wingers. Their cries of of
'Bush is negating all existing gun laws' has started.

It only has to be a single line in an email or a phone call, nothing
complicated or time consuming. We can't let the only thing the
Administration hears are the cries of the Left.

The following is a autoresponse I received when I sent my
email..."Unfortunately, because of the large volume of email received,
the President cannot personally respond to each message.  [U]However, the
White House staff considers and reports citizen ideas and concerns."[/U]

It would be nice (and beneficial) to have the White House staff report
that they received overwhelming support of the Administration's Policy.

[email protected]
[email protected]

--
Neil
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Done

[img]http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Shades.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Dear Mr. President,

I would like to express my full support and deep appreciation towards the statements made recently by the Justice Department regarding the Second Amendment and what it means.  Looking back at history, it does not take a genius to realize what the Forefathers of this country meant when they wrote the Second Amendment.  The Bill Of Rights were written with the express purpose of guaranteeing individual rights, and the Second Amendment is certainly no exception.  Anyone who argues otherwise is obviously either uneducated, or motivated by a political agenda.  I am sure your administration is going to get negative feedback from the liberal left who would like to see the Second Amendment abolished completely, but trust me when I say these views do not reflect the beliefs of main stream America.  Thanks again for your hard work in defending my Constitutional rights as an American.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine:

I simply wish to convey my thanks for your support of what everyone knows the Second Amendment was intended to do - to protect the rights of the citizen to own small arms - rifles, shotguns, handguns and the like.

It is my sincere hope you will follow up this courageous stand and allow the unconstitutional 1994 Crime Bill ban on firearms importation to sunset in 2004, thereby freeing citizens to exercise their Constitutionally- guaranteed right.

Yours in liberty,

garandman

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top