Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 12:25:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 12:29:18 AM EDT by UmpaLumpa]
I just found out today, this happend last thursday but I work odd hours and don't get to talk to my friends as much as I use too. He was more of a friend of a friend, I had gotton drunk with him many times but he was like a brother to my best friend. Supposedly he shot himself but I'm not quite sure of that.

He was always laughing and jokeing around. I've never seen him depressed and quite honestly I don't see him actually shooting himself. I don't think he would really do it. He had alot of plans too, he was gonna sell his house and move to Thailand with his gf. He did do alot of drugs though so maybe he was depressed, I donno. The thing that really gets me is that he soposedly shot himself in the right eye with a 4-10 shotgun in front of his gf. Thats an odd place to shoot yourself and even if he was gonna do it why in front of his gf? I donno I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening

ETA: What makes things worse for my best friend is the cops asked him to clean it up Is that normal? I thought the cops or EMS or someone cleaned it up, I didn't ever think the family/friends were the ones to clean it up or to pay someone to clean it up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:33:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UmpaLumpa:
I just found out today, this happend last thursday but I work odd hours and don't get to talk to my friends as much as I use too. He was more of a friend of a friend, I had gotton drunk with him many times but he was like a brother to my best friend. Supposedly he shot himself but I'm not quite sure of that.

He was always laughing and jokeing around. I've never seen him depressed and quite honestly I don't see him actually shooting himself. I don't think he would really do it. He had alot of plans too, he was gonna sell his house and move to Thailand with his gf. He did do alot of drugs though so maybe he was depressed, I donno. The thing that really gets me is that he soposedly shot himself in the right eye with a 4-10 shotgun in front of his gf. Thats an odd place to shoot yourself and even if he was gonna do it why in front of his gf? I donno I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening

ETA: What makes things worse for my best friend is the cops asked him to clean it up Is that normal? I thought the cops or EMS or someone cleaned it up, I didn't ever think the family/friends were the ones to clean it up or to pay someone to clean it up.

I'm not much help for condolence, but I can answer your question. No, it's still the family's responsibility. My best friends mother has a business on the side to go into houses and clean up such incidents.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:41:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:41:14 AM EDT
Sorry to hear that. But drugs screw you up real bad mentally, even after you get off it. Yep, you've got to clean up the mess yourself, unpleasant, but I understand that there people who will do this for you for a fee.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:54:04 AM EDT
Very sorry. "Happiness" is no sign of happiness. He may have always been depressed or just the drugs. Only a close person would know.

Sorry to hear about the loss.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:07:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

Originally Posted By UmpaLumpa:

I'm not much help for condolence, but I can answer your question. No, it's still the family's responsibility. My best friends mother has a business on the side to go into houses and clean up such incidents.

Generally, the funeral director can recommend someone.
Top Top