Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 7:46:02 PM EDT
"His campaign is sinking faster than the Titanic"

"Kerry today said Bush has had 23 different positions in the war on Iraq. And that's coming from a man who has had at least 50."

"Where has John Edwards been? Aren't you first suppose to become vice president before going into hiding at an undisclosed location?"

"Today after Kerry saw the latest poll numbers, he called Bill Clinton. He wasn't seeking advice, he just wanted to know if former president Clinton was still voting for him."

Not a single Bush joke in his opening segment. It was all Kerry bashing. It's a sad day for Kerry when Jay Leno is basically making fun of him like the rest of us. LOL.
-CH
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets just hope it stays that way!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not a single Bush joke in his opening segment. It was all Kerry bashing. It's a sad day for Kerry when Jay Leno is basically making fun of him like the rest of us. LOL.
-CH

Foxnews just played a clip of the top 10 list.  It was all Bush bushing.

I guess Leno is trying to keep it balanced.  Did anyone see Kerry on the show?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought that it was letterman that does the top 10?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
It is letterman that does the top ten.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw Letterman with Kerry last night...it sounded like it was almost scripted.

DNC: Letterman? Yeah, here is a list of question we will let you ask JFK...
Letterman: Can't I just wing it?
DNC: Not if you want him on your show......

Lame joke responses... I didn't see all of it, but I didn't hear him mention Vietnam during the few minutes I watched.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Kerry is so lame.  No sense of humor at all.  The guy has clearly never watched Letterman.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Now that CBS is STFU, and everybody else is careful about GWB.....Kerry is open season!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Leno is an ass.
I spent a little time talking to him about motorcycle issues, riding issues and riding land in California.
To hear him speak about them you would have thoguht that he was a Republican.

Screw him.

Jay Leno says, “I’m not conservative. I’ve never voted that way in my life.”

He “really worries” what a Dubya victory in November will do to the makeup of the Supreme Court.

He believes “the wool was pulled over our eyes” with the Iraq war.

He thinks the White House began using terrorism “as a crutch” after 9/11.

He feels that during the campaign Kerry should “make Bush look as stupid as possible.”

He believes “the media is in the pocket of the government, and they don’t do their job” so “you have people like Michael Moore who do it for them.”

He has on his joke-writing staff a number of former professional speechwriters for Democratic candidates. “No Republicans.”

When it comes to Bush, he doesn’t think his politics are much different from Letterman’s. “Does he show his dislike maybe a little more than I do? Probably.”

Q:  The current crew in the White House doesn’t seem to laugh much at themselves.

Leno:  The interesting thing is, I have found that the Republicans respond much more to jokes about themselves than the Democrats do.
Democrats take it very, very seriously.
You know, when Al Gore was here in 2000, we said we want to do this bit, and then it was, “Can we run it past our people?” “Can we make these changes?”
Then the day of the show, “We’re going to pass.”
Bush shows up. We had a bit where we’re playing Jeopardy, and he’s going to look kind of stupid. But then, in the end, the joke’s on me.
“Yeah, fine, whatever you want.”
It couldn’t have been easier.

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/43/deadline-finke.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top