Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 6:50:09 AM EDT
I was outside in our fenced yard, with my dog on a leash, waiting while she "got done with bidness" and I heard a motorcycle, quite loud, and a siren.  I look up and this young, very well tanned Kerry votre, on a dirt bike, cutting through a yard onto our dead-end cul-de-sac.  A copy was in hot pursuit.  Luckily, we have a fence or he would have ended up in our yard.  He cut hard, went to the end of the cul-de-sac, ditched the bike, and ran into the heavy woods.  The cop did a great job of controlling his car and stopped and went in pursuit.  5 other cops showed up quickly, with dogs of their own, and began the search.

I thought maybe I should go in, suit up, grab the AR and pistol and help out . . . . then I thought better of it.  Let the cops earn their tax money :)

Anyhow, what really concerned me is that normally our neighbor kid (cute little girl) is on her little bike riding around in the small cul-de-sac area.  Thank God she wasn't out - I dread to think what might have happened.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Only a fool of a parent would let their child play unsupervised on the street.

I may NEVER let my daughter play on the steet, AT ALL.  Might save me a murder charge if someone were to hit her.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thought maybe I should go in, suit up, grab the AR and pistol and help out

I think that would be the last thing they want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the laws in your area.  If you have kids, and they like to ride their bikes in the cul-de-sac, block the street.

Example:  I live on a cul-de-sac.  Between the four houses that occupy the 'circle' there are a total of nine kids under the age of eight.  It is not uncommon for all of them to be out playing and riding thier bikes, (all parents take turns watching).  To keep morons who take a wrong turn from flying up the street and hitting the kids I use my suburban to block the street.  I park it right at the drive way of the one house that does not have kids, and put up signs saying "Children playing-slow down".

In four years, we've never had a problem with cars again and the kids know that they are not to go past the suburban, this gives them a lot of area to play and ride, and often in good weather we break out the BBQ's and have a feast.

Redbaron
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
a:  Rookie cop

b:  Quota was already filled for that month

c:  Donut emergency

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#5]
They were obviously in too much of a hurry to shoot your dog.  But maybe they made a note of you, and will be back later to dispatch it

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Let's just call it a "bottom o' da sack"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Fu toi, monsier Campy - just kidding!  

Seriously, the kid's parent is always watching her.  And for the record, I also played in the street at a dead-end.  Why should cars be traveling at 40 mph along a dead-end street through a neighborhood anyway?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top