Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:58:57 AM EDT
Down here we have 4 decent channels to listen to on the radio. Two of them are 100% rap with half-illiterate black DJ's, and one of them is half rap, half Top 40. The other barely comes in good and it is a mix of Top 40 and Rock. I have nothing against black people and I like R&B and maybe 1% of the rap music out there, but I hate the whole rap culture. It's done nothing but be a huge -1 for American society.

Anyone else just get sick of hearing that crap?

- rem

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Fo' shizzle ma' nizzle
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I'm going to have to agree with you.   I see how that culture has affected the youth of today and not in a positive way.  Glorifing the whole thug life etc.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Rap music is for the uneducated. Enough said!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate rap music.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+ One hundred and seventy billion
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Down here we have 4 decent channels to listen to on the radio. Two of them are 100% rap

Actually, I don't care about rap.  I do not listen to it.  I have MTV and BET blocked from my TV.  I have to admit, I was a little pissed about that new Donkey-Donk song.  I guess that came from rap...  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]
As long as there is an angry, uneducated, unskilled , unmotivated,
underachieving market for this shit it will never go away.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Down here we have 4 decent channels to listen to on the radio. Two of them are 100% rap with half-illiterate black DJ's, and one of them is half rap, half Top 40. The other barely comes in good and it is a mix of Top 40 and Rock. I have nothing against black people and I like R&B and maybe 1% of the rap music out there, but I hate the whole rap culture. It's done nothing but be a huge -1 for American society.

- rem

this is why god made ipods...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting that whenever some inconsiderate jerk is blasting music out of his car at the gas station or just at an intersection that it's ALWAYS rap music they're blasting....

I wish everyone who did that crap went deaf so they wouldn't be able to listen to their stupid rap music anymore.  Then maybe they'd stop blasting it for others to "enjoy".
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I can listen to anything, as long as it's not '80s pop or modern country.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#11]
rap is a tool.

The rap tool is used to keep blacks poor and welfare dependant

....so they have to vote democrat.

rap is just a form of advertising,  ie  propaganda.

Yes, we would all be better off without rap.

But, the bottom line is.......we would all be better off without democrats.

Abort democrats.......until the 300th trimester.

PS,  Texas has an excellent  'abort democrats'  program.   Better than any other state!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure rap is really as much rap as a mix of rap and R&B or something. Either way I pretty much despise that type of music.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Just an FYI, rap did not become popular of its own merits and appeal. It should have been a passing fad just like disco, new wave, grunge, ska and everything else we've seen over the past 20 or 30 years. The reason it's still around is that people are going to like whatever they hear on the radio or see on MTV the most. Doesn't matter what it is or how good it really is, if people are inundated with it, they'll eventually become fond of it.

So how did rap become such a mainstay on the airwaves? Well, since the beginning of the music industry, the record companies have used very mob-like tactics to ensure control over what people are exposed to and in what quantities. They also employ the same tactics to get their artists to do exactly what they want. However, the whole "gangsta rap" thing provided a bit of a problem. Those guys didn't have a problem walking into an exec's office or showing up at his house with a few friends and threatening to kill the guy or his family if their music didn't start showing up on the radio and TV.

That's what makes rap different than almost every other kind of music... they turned all the gangland strongarm crap around on the music industry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Not defending it, but it seems rap is today's rock and roll, or at least that is the role it is filling, like it or not.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm... I had a good rebuttal for that, but saying bands like "Tuff" "Poison" and all the hair-bands with massive amounts of makeup and silly lyrics are better than the bouncing blinging illiterate monkeys is tough.... well no it isn't, they are STILL better. They never talked about pimping out women, all women are bitches and ho's, and bragging about shooting people and packing guns illegally.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, because heavy metal and southern rock have added so much into modern society.

How would we ever have lived without freebird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top