Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:57:43 PM EDT
VERY pro gun, former minister. His term here is up in 08. Only vote here if your informed on him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:58:35 PM EDT
Second poll tonight I've made and none of yall IBTP'd me
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 9:03:39 PM EDT by LANCEMAN]
Sounds good to me

Governor Mike Huckabee is a strong proponent and defender of Americans' Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. He also let if be known on Wednesday that he has a concealed weapon permit and is a supporter of the "castle doctrine" law similar to the one that was recently passed in Florida.

The law is named after the adage that "a man's home is his castle." It is intended to protect citizens who use deadly force in self-defense against criminal prosecution and civil liability.

Huckabee told a caller to his monthly radio show on Wednesday that he has a permit to carry a concealed weapon and believes "there is an absolute right that people have to protect themselves and even their property."

"Personally, I think it's the way it ought to be," Huckabee said. "We ought to have the right to protect ourselves. If that were introduced in Arkansas, I would certainly be supportive."

The NRA lobbied heavily for the Florida legislation and after its approval, Wayne LaPierre, the organization's executive vice president, said he hoped to see it passed in other states over the next few years."We'll be pushing it in Arkansas and a number of other states," NRA Public Affairs Director Andrew Arulanandam said.

Huckabee spokesman Jim Harris said the governor has had a concealed carry permit for more than three years but that the governor preferred not do discuss whether he actually carries a gun.

http://mikehuckabeepresident2008.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:07:48 PM EDT
I am not too happy with some of his stuff, but he is better than any republican candidate we have had since Reagan. One pet peeve: teachers can take away food from kids that they brought from home if it doesn't meet the school guidelines. You give your kid a coke in his lunch, the teacher can confiscate it. Cookies on Friday, gone. Stupid shit.

Then again, he does have a large number of democrats he has to cater to in this state. Fortunately, they are closer to the Zell Miller democrat than the typical liberal trash we have up here in Fayettenam.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:07:57 PM EDT
At least for me it is not the only thing I look at when voting .A antigun one would never get my vote but a pro one has to also be conservitive in other issues.Like I thought george was
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:11:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheTracker:
At least for me it is not the only thing I look at when voting .A antigun one would never get my vote but a pro one has to also be conservitive in other issues.Like I thought george was

Thats one thing I like about Huckabee, the whole "former minister thing". He's pretty conservaitve across the board. But not insanely so. And he's in a band
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:12:04 PM EDT
pro illegal alien.

Screw him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:12:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:
pro illegal alien.

Screw him.

Where do you get that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:18:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

pro illegal alien.

Screw him.

Where do you get that?

You'll have to get an excerpt here:

http://www.immigrationinsanity.com/web/newsperm.302

Unless you want to pay $2.50 for the archive of the story at the new hampsire union leader's website.

Here's the relevant part:

Huckabee agreed a “hot” issue today is illegal immigrants. He said the country’s borders need to be protected, not so much from those trying to get into this country to earn a living, but to keep out the person trying to sneak in a dirty bomb.

He said the country’s 11 million illegal immigrants and the companies that employ them have created an underground economy. Without them, he said, our economy would collapse.

He said people complain illegal immigrants are taking their jobs. But, he said, when he asks individuals to give him names and addresses of people who want to work in a poultry-processing plant deboning chickens, no one does.

Sorry, arkansas used up its quota of slimy governors turn president for at least 100 years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:24:05 PM EDT

pro illegal alien.

Screw him.

Where do you get that?

Unless you want to pay $2.50 for the archive of the story at the new hampsire union leader's website.

Huckabee agreed a “hot” issue today is illegal immigrants. He said the country’s borders need to be protected, not so much from those trying to get into this country to earn a living, but to keep out the person trying to sneak in a dirty bomb.

He said the country’s 11 million illegal immigrants and the companies that employ them have created an underground economy. Without them, he said, our economy would collapse.
He said people complain illegal immigrants are taking their jobs. But, he said, when he asks individuals to give him names and addresses of people who want to work in a poultry-processing plant deboning chickens, no one does.

Sorry, arkansas used up its quota of slimy governors turn president for at least 100 years.

The saddest part of that is, that he's probably right.
But I'm not sure I buy it. Tyson is a HUGE employer of illegals, no doubt. Something about the way it's written though, just isn't Mike's style.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 9:29:52 PM EDT by bastiat]

pro illegal alien.

Screw him.

Where do you get that?

But I'm not sure I buy it. Tyson is a HUGE employer of illegals, no doubt. Something about the way it's written though, just isn't Mike's style.

So they made it up, or are you just rationalizing his postion by insinuating he wouldn't really have said something like that?

And he's not right. He's making excuses for one of the biggest employers in his state hiring illegals instead of being forced to pay free market wages to legal citizens.

That is scummy right there. Like Chef says, Fudge him. He's not getting out of arkansas.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:32:37 PM EDT

pro illegal alien.

Screw him.

Where do you get that?

So they made it up, or are you just rationalizing his postion by insinuating he wouldn't really have said something like that?

And he's not right. He's making excuses for one of the biggest employers in his state hiring illegals isntead of being forced to pay free market wages to legal citizens.

That is scummy right there. Like Chef says, Fudge him. He's not getting out of arkansas.

I'm betting it's made up and that he never said it. Tyson has been busted a few times for hiring illegals. And the part about the "underground economy" is true. We may not like it, but when you crunch the numbers, it's true. I personally don't like it. Part of the construction boom is cheap labor because of illegals. They are drastically effecting our economy. It's not Huckabee's fault they came here. Other red states have worse problems with them than us.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:36:46 PM EDT

I'm betting it's made up and that he never said it. Tyson has been busted a few times for hiring illegals.

Ah, the power of rationalization.

Why don't you call the new hampshire union leader and ask them for a transcript if you think it's made up.

Oh, here's another example of his shilling for the illegal alien lobby:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1458160/posts

Gov. Mike Huckabee says he's not afraid of risking his political future by speaking out against a recent immigration raid at an Arkadelphia poultry plant even though calls to his office have been "about 1,000 to one" against his stance.

Your favorite son is apparently complete scum that will sell out the security of his country and legal workers for tyson to be able to hire illegals.

But hell, what's integrity matter when you can get cheap labor for the largest employer in your state.

Freaking pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:40:20 PM EDT

I'm betting it's made up and that he never said it. Tyson has been busted a few times for hiring illegals.

Why don't you call the new hampshire union leader and ask them for a transcript if you think it's made up.

Gov. Mike Huckabee says he's not afraid of risking his political future by speaking out against a recent immigration raid at an Arkadelphia poultry plant even though calls to his office have been "about 1,000 to one" against his stance.

Your favorite son is apparently complete scum that will sell out the security of his country and legal workers for tyson to be able to hire illegals.

But hell, what's integrity matter when you can get cheap labor for the largest employer in your state.

Freaking pathetic.

A transcript of something that I'm betting was faked won't prove anything beyond the words above have failed to prove. I'm calling B.S. on it all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:42:53 PM EDT
Here's another one for the pro-huckabee crowd:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1350530/posts

The Arkansas House of Representatives voted 63-31 to pass a bill that would allow illegal aliens who graduate from Arkansas high schools to qualify for in-state tuition rates and taxpayer-funded state scholarships at state universities.

Gov. Mike Huckabee, who included the bill in his legislative package, drew a contrast between Wednesday’s vote in support of illegal immigrants and the state’s handling of the 1957 desegregation of Little Rock’s Central High School. "They took a stand that Arkansas can be proud of," Huckabee said in describing the House. "I think if we had taken a similar one in 1957, it would have made us proud for a long, long time."

That settles it. He's a complete shill for the illegal alien lobby.

And you want him to be running the country - and its immigration policy - as president.

I find it odd that you didn't know this, being from Arkansas and all. Plus you started the thread with "Only vote here if your informed on him."

So either you're NOT informed on him but feel qualified to recommend him as president, or you are informed on him and you failed to mention his complete sellout to the illegal alien lobby.

I guess you need to take your pick as to which of the above is true. Either way it speaks a lot about you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:43:46 PM EDT

Freaking pathetic.

A transcript of something that I'm betting was faked won't prove anything beyond the words above have failed to prove. I'm calling B.S. on it all.

You're full of it. Countless things prove exactly what he is.

I'm beginng to think integrity isn't much of a big deal for you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:46:00 PM EDT

Freaking pathetic.

I'm beginning to think your an ass that can't stand it when someone disagrees with you or doubts something that you post could be anything but the gospel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:47:03 PM EDT

I have no idea who that is, so I votes "yes" in the poll

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:47:22 PM EDT
Here's more info to help everybody be 'informed' on dusty_c's choice for president:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1346317/posts

I don't consider myself a "racist" or a "bigot." But Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee apparently does.

Because I happen to see the merit of a measure, proposed by two Arkansas state lawmakers, that would require anyone registering to vote in the Razorback State to prove citizenship and anyone applying for state services to prove legal residency.

To Huckabee's mind, anyone who supports such a law has succumbed to "race-baiting and demagoguery." That would include yours truly. It also would include a majority of my fellow California residents.

So the golden boy huckabee is AGAINST requiring voters to prove they're legal citizens, and FOR letting illegal aliens get goverment services.

Quite a candidate for president you got there, Dusty.

But maybe you will say it's all BS and none of this ever happened.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:48:29 PM EDT

Freaking pathetic.

I'm beginning to think your an ass that can't stand it when someone disagrees with you or doubts something that you post could be anything but the gospel.

You're pathetic.

I've posted numerous links to PROVE what sellout huckabee is on illegal immigration, and you won't address it other than to say the first one never happened.

Work for tyson, dusty?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 9:50:07 PM EDT by Dusty_C]

Here's more info to help everybody be 'informed' on dusty_c's choice for president:

I don't consider myself a "racist" or a "bigot." But Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee apparently does.

Because I happen to see the merit of a measure, proposed by two Arkansas state lawmakers, that would require anyone registering to vote in the Razorback State to prove citizenship and anyone applying for state services to prove legal residency.

To Huckabee's mind, anyone who supports such a law has succumbed to "race-baiting and demagoguery." That would include yours truly. It also would include a majority of my fellow California residents.

So the golden boy huckabee is AGAINST requiring voters to prove they're legal citizens, and FOR letting illegal aliens get goverment services.

lol Your quoting stuff that looks like it's from people's blogs, not anything resembling a reputable source and getting pissy when I'm not listening to you. You've yet to show one shred of proof of anything.

And no, I'm part owner of a heating and air company, that doesn't employ illegals
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:52:08 PM EDT

lol Your quoting stuff that looks like it's from people's blogs, not anything resembling a reputable source and getting pissy when I'm not listening to you. You've yet to show one shred of proof of anything.

And no, I'm part owner of a heating and air company, that doesn't employ illegals

'quoting stuff from peoples blogs'.

Yeah, free republic is a blog.

And the links from free republic to newspaper sites, where the entire stories are posted, are all blogs too.

The link from my site (the first one there) is available for a fee of $2.50 from the new hampsire leader. It will be exactly as it is posted on my site.

Your'e a pathetic little joke. Are all your 6000 posts in the last 4 months as idiotic as your posts in this htread?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:54:10 PM EDT
This thread has quickly degraded into a common pissing contest.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:54:56 PM EDT

And the links from free republic to newspaper sites, where the entire stories are posted, are all blogs too.

The link from my site (the first one there) is available for a fee of $2.50 from the new hampsire leader. It will be exactly as it is posted on my site.

Your'e a pathetic little joke. Are all your 6000 posts in the last 4 months as idiotic as your posts in this htread?

Seriously, you need to chill. Your starting shit with no real evidence, your resorting to attacking me, for not believing you. You may have been around longer than I have, but I know when to keep my mouth shut, you apparently do not.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:55:19 PM EDT
www.nwanews.com/story.php?paper=adg§ion=News&storyid=108847

Arkansas Democrat gazzette----I guess that's just a made up newspaper.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:58:13 PM EDT

Seriously, you need to chill. Your starting shit with no real evidence, your resorting to attacking me, for not believing you. You may have been around longer than I have, but I know when to keep my mouth shut, you apparently do not.

No real evidnece?

Direct quotes from news stories aren't real evidence to you?

I guess what that means is when you say he's "Very pro gun", that's evidence.

But when I post links to actual news stories with actual quotes, that's not real evidence.

What a wonderful make believe world you live in.

So here's the bottom line:

With you living in arkansas and recommending huckabee for president, either you knew about all these news stories and neglected to mention them, or you didn't know about them.

Which is it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:00:57 PM EDT
I'm still looking for the story your talking about on the Arkansas Democrat Gazette website. The link you posted isn't to their website. If it is there, and I wouldn't be shocked if it was, then yeah he did something I don't agree with. Good luck finding a candidate that does agree with the majority of the nation on everything. Just out of curiosity. Who would you pick?
Top Top