Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/31/2011 10:17:35 AM EDT
It was proven that guns only increase the amount of violent crime and could not prevent government tyranny?

ETA: Since we have so many types of gun control to choose from, list which(if any) you'd be willing to support.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, I have a right to protect myself and my family.

Good guys with guns can weed out the bad guys with guns... fixing the issue.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Define gun control.

A total gun ban? Gun registration?

I would still vote no. I am all for a having a few crimminals die so I can still go shooting on weekends.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#4]
No No
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Utter rubbish.  Total fantasy.   Bullshit in the extreme.

I'll never agree to believe in a lie even under experimental "what if" conditions.

You might as well ask me what I'd think if there was such a thing as black light (Not UV, actuall BLACK light) and negative frequencies.

CJ
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It was proven that guns only increase the amount of violent crime and could not prevent government tyranny?

HELL NO

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Utter rubbish.  Total fantasy.   Bullshit in the extreme.

I'll never agree to believe in a lie even under experimental "what if" conditions.

You might as well ask me what I'd think if there was such a thing as black light (Not UV, actuall BLACK light) and negative frequencies.

CJ

LOL
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sociological questions cannot be "proven". The entire premise of the original post is flawed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Not for any kind of gun control.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Sure.  I would also support a national energy plan based on the power contained in unicorn farts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't care even if it was proven guns do cause crime.  YOU have the right to defend yourself, that right soars above all others.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#14]
no.

I don't think I will be disarming myself or limiting  my choices to defend my self accordingly from people who commit violent crime.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#15]
No, because even totally eliminating guns would not reduce crime.

Crime existed before firearms.  Ergo, in your scenario, eliminating guns may reduce crime, but it will not eradicate crime.

Even if your hypothesis was true, my answer would be no.  I'd rather have a moderate amount of crime and the ability to defend myself effectively, instead of a little crime and the chance that it could happen to me while I was totally defenseless.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]
No, I will not support any legislation that restricts my God given rights.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what's for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ETA: Since we have so many types of gun control to choose from, list which(if any) you'd be willing to support.

Would you support segregation if it were proven that blacks made up 75% of the violent crime rate?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you support segregation if it were proven that blacks made up 75% of the violent crime rate?

No.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Nope, because taking my rights away to cure something else isn't the answer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I believe in your right to ask stupid questions. Is that an acceptable answer? Maybe this will work: 2+2=eleventy billions banana cream pies.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nope, I have a right to protect myself and my family.

Good guys with guns can weed out the bad guys with guns... fixing the issue.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Exactly.

You can't revoke civil rights just because you managed to make an argument that society as a whole would be better off for it.

My answer is: absolutely not.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#24]
even if that was true or provable the only logical solution would be to issue every citizen a pistol and a rifle when they turn 18 after taking three semesters of mandated firearm training in high school.  Eliminate the criminal threat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Umm, Hell No!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Would I support gun control if the impossible happened and purple dinosaurs came fluttering out of the sky?  Since it's as likely as your scenario, I suppose the answer would be yes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Your question is stupid.

Since we are asking stupid questions, I'll have a go.

Would you support AIDS if it was proven that only "really bad" people got AIDS?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Uh, why ask a question this stupid––no, no, and no.  FOAD.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#29]
NO/NO. Clear enough?

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

By their very existence?

Since that would make humans totally non-responsible for their actions, then of course the government should make each and every decision for each and every person throughout their entire life; however, since the government is made of humans, that would not work. Instead, we would have to make computers in charge of all our decisions; however, humans make computers and therefore they can be no better than their maker, so they are out.

Cats, the only logical decision is to put cats in charge of each and every decision we make each and every day. Therefore, guns would not be needed, since fish and mice can be gotten without the need for firearms. So, there is no need for gun control.

ETA: I just consulted my cats, and they said nothing about gun control.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#31]
I didn't even read your post. No.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

go back to DU
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your question is stupid.

Since we are asking stupid questions, I'll have a go.

Would you support AIDS if it was proven that only "really bad" people got AIDS?

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

By their very existence?
Since that would make humans totally non-responsible for their actions, then of course the government should make each and every decision for each and every person throughout their entire life; however, since the government is made of humans, that would not work. Instead, we would have to make computers in charge of all our decisions; however, humans make computers and therefore they can be no better than their maker, so they are out.
Cats, the only logical decision is to put cats in charge of each and every decision we make each and every day. Therefore, guns would not be needed, since fish and mice can be gotten without the need for firearms.

Logical post is logical.  And full of LOL.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#35]
No.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

go back to DU

Go back to the furry forum..
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Sure.  I would also support a national energy plan based on the power contained in unicorn farts.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like liberal jerk off material to me.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Simply, no.

I don't support any law or legal action that presupposes in advance how I may need or under what circumstances I can use deadly force.

I'll make my own decisions, and face the consequences, in court.  I'm more willing to be judged by 12 of my peers than let demagogues like Chuck Schumer decide how I may alive.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'll beleive that after I've tried it for myself..... in the meantime; my sights are on whoever funded the study.

support a ban? Negative.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I would support a gun control law that would make it illegal for the government to suppress the will of the people to be free and prevent any attempt for the government to disarm the people
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#42]
There are many classes out there that teach gun control.

Magpul Dynamics, Front Sight, Thunder Ranch, etc
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

By their very existence?
Cats, the only logical decision is to put cats in charge of each and every decision we make each and every day. Therefore, guns would not be needed, since fish and mice can be gotten without the need for firearms. So, there is no need for gun control.

ETA: I just consulted my cats, and they said nothing about gun control.

Why cats? I think we could find more able animals. Maybe dolphins...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#45]
No, Mr. BATFE Agent...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Inalienable rights means any bargaining off of your own is invalid anyway.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#48]
According to the Bible, there were 4 people on Earth and one of them killed the other.

Humans kill humans and always have and it has nothing to do with guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#49]
What the fuck is this?
NO!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#50]
No.  I have a natural right to self defense, and to the defense of my loved ones.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top