Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2010 6:39:17 PM EDT
Well, maybe not all of them. You may only keep one rifle, handgun, and shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeez...tough.

I'm one of those "never sell a firearm guys."  

Maybe sell them to my family or friends with the understanding that in the future I could buy them back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
yes

i would sell

if i could keep one of each that you mentioned

and i would keep a cheaper pistol and shotgun.  
i would still want to keep one quality rifle though

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
absolutely.  I can buy back guns.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#4]
No.   You don't have to lose everything in a bankruptcy, anyway, and besides, some items can be tucked away safely and not found

when auditors inventory your stuff.

In an absolute last resort situation,  I'd  probably [COC VIOLATION].  

CJ

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
No.

I'd sell other things instead, like my ATV, utility trailers, investments, etc.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I would certainly keep a few "special" ones and my ammo...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
No.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Heirlooms or HD weapons? No way, but guns are disposable when compared to my financial well being.

Once back on your feet, buy 'em back. The country is awash with arms, they're not going anywhere. You might pay more than you like in a few years or whenever, but you CAN buy it all back.

During the '94 ban, guess what? You could buy anything, even pre-89 imports. You just paid a little more.

Again, guns aren't going anywhere.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, maybe not all of them. You may only keep one rifle, handgun, and shotgun.

Of course I would sell. Firearms are an investment and as such, sometimes investments need to be liquidated.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course, I pay my debts.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course. I've sold quite a few over the years to pay off assorted debts.

It's also the only time I can actually get anyone to buy anything. When I don't need the money I'm one of those idiots that thinks mine are worth at least as much as they were new

ETA - I honestly had not read the other responses before I started my post with "Of course".
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
No.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
No. If I'm filing bankruptcy then its for medical bills that mexicans dont pay anyway. I dont borrow money so medical bills are the only theoretic way I could end up in that situation. Obongo wont let that happen anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I would resort to selling plasma and sperm before my firearms.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell no, what's so bad about bankruptcy?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#16]
There's lots of stuff I'd sell first, but many guns would go to the EE if I were really that bad off.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]
fuck it, rack up all credit cards for a few more months then file bk. this way you get to keep everything. Ca allows $25,000 in items you can keep or however they word it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Dont declare you own any firearms. From what I understand the forms are just that forms..No one comes into your house to verify what is owned.. Simple answer only excess firearms.. Keep atleast 2 pistols, 2 ar's and 2 shotguns. If you are involved in a shooting that firearm will be seized for a short time leaving you with no pistol if a pistol was used.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

yes

i would sell

if i could keep one of each that you mentioned

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dont declare you own any firearms. From what I understand the forms are just that forms..No one comes into your house to verify what is owned.. Simple answer only excess firearms.. Keep atleast 2 pistols, 2 ar's and 2 shotguns. If you are involved in a shooting that firearm will be seized for a short time leaving you with no pistol if a pistol was used.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Some I would.
Some I can't
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No wonder this country is so fucked up....
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#23]
F-yes!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#24]
A man who would sell his firearms for a little financial security deserves neither his firearms nor financial security.  I think Ben Franklin said that!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I never though i would sell guns.

Then i got laid off, and soon had to decide between keeping all my guns or living in my car. Honestly, not a hard decision but i hope i never have to think about it again
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#26]
not unless I got double what they were worth, in witch case I would buy them again, and have money.. Other wise no... Ill rake leafs, shovel snow clean your gutters, maybe even whore my self out to fat chicks before I sell a gun...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I have no debt so

nope
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I would, except for my daily carry (and spare) and my SBR.

Don't have any heirloom firearms so I don't need to worry about that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, my personal integrity and the trust my lender put in me to loan me money means more to me than my guns. I can replace the guns in time. You may never regain trust and integrity once you squander it away. I was brought up in a time when a man's word and commitments actually meant something. I know that don't mean a thing to many folks these days but it's a poor reflection on them IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, my personal integrity and the trust my lender put in me to loan me money means more to me than my guns. I can replace the guns in time. You may never regain trust and integrity once you squander it away. I was brought up in a time when a man's word and commitments actually meant something. I know that don't mean a thing to many folks these days but it's a poor reflection on them IMHO.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Seems to me that if you were to the point of filing bankruptcy, you'd have probably sold off at least some of your guns before getting to that point.  I don't think selling off what you still had would make a difference.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#32]
of course.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Jeez...tough.

I'm one of those "never sell a firearm guys."  

Maybe sell them to my family or friends with the understanding that in the future I could buy them back.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
absolutely.  I can buy back guns.

Yep. That would be the choice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, that is what I mean.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is 2010 not 1950
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I would have no problem selling them except for what you said, one shotgun, one pistol, and a rifle. To decide which ones got the boot would be hard. A lot of the guns I have have been handed down to me, those might be excused, but the rest would be gone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#39]
If I had to sell crappy guns like say a Tec-9 (I don't own one, but as an example) to prevent bankruptcy. Bye, Bye Tec-9
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Negative ghostrider the pattern is full
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is 2010 not 1950

Sorry, I did not know doing the right thing had a expiration date. Sign of the times I guess.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is 2010 not 1950

Sorry, I did not know doing the right thing had a expiration date. Sign of the times I guess.

The same thing applies to businesses and creditors back then. They have zip integrity nowadays...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Some of them yes, some of them no.  I have no real attachment to most of my ARs.  I do have an attachment to an AK, a Beretta 92FS, and a handmade 1911.  Everything else can go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

derp

the trust your lender puts in you is the APR they charge you for your loan. The APR figures in the chances you will be delinquent on your payments.

derp.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#45]
yes, but not all of them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is 2010 not 1950

The same thing applies to businesses and creditors back then. They have zip integrity nowadays...

There is truth in that I guess but when I got my last loan for the home I built I got it from the same banker I got my 1st car loan from. Good guy from a conservative lender, you know the kind that required a down payment. In the recent upheaval they were the only ones with capital on hand in my area to keep lending to folks such as myself. The others with lackluster credit went wanting. If one made poor borrowing decisions who is to blame for that? Your fault, my fault, nobody's fault if you took out a loan you are the responsible party to re-pay it...No excuse allowed.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#47]
If I had any guns. Yes, I would sell them.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#48]
All but my AR, defensive shotgun and 2 of my 1911s and all related ammo. the other 20+ would go.

ETA: I would have to keep my dads .357 that he carried on the force and my great, great grandfathers side x side 12ga and a 10/22 for fun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No wonder this country is so fucked up....

Well after seeing companies avail themselves of bankruptcy time and time again why should an individual not avail themselves of that right.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#50]
The government will bail me out, I don't have to worry about it.

If I hadn't lost all my guns in a boating accident, I would sell all but a GLOCK 17, Recce style AR, and a Rem 700 of mine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top