Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/29/2002 9:32:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:34:25 PM EST
Yes, all of them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:48:59 PM EST
It is my belief that every school district should have the right to decide what's right for them. If the parents decide they want a moment of silence for their kids before lunch, then so be it. The feds have no place dictating this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:50:13 PM EST
When it comes to religion, I am a mild-mannered Agnostic. I will not deny the existence of G-d, but I am willing to be comvinced... However, when it comes to court decisions like this, I see no reason why the Court thinks it should be able to regulate personl expressions of religion - through regulation OR denial! Therefore, all decisions should be reversed on Constitutional grounds. The ban on the extablishment of religion extends to the need to allow a moment for personal religious expression - to be used as the individual desires. If an individual chooses not to use the moment for religious reasons, that is the choice of the individual - NOT school administration, SCOTUS, POTUS, or anydamnbody else. For SCOTUS to have made such decisions as this in uinconscionable. FFZ
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:32:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:36:32 PM EST
omebody's not tellin'... Yer damn right I'd reverse all of them! Even though it's a religious issue, and I made my religous position clear, I am primarily a Libertarian when it comes to the actions of the government. Just are you are free to believe how you will, I am free from being proselytised, and will believe in my own way - just as I will choose to worship in my own way. And, whether we call Him G-d, Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, or the Prime Mover - it is a personal belief and I don't care what anyone else wants to think - as long as they leave my beliefs alone! How's that? FFZ
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:40:27 PM EST
Replace "Ten Commandments" With "Kneeling 5x a day to Mecca" and tell me how you feel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:41:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:46:05 PM EST
I didn't vote, just stated my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:48:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:53:02 PM EST
Sweep - "Everyone has an opinion, and you are all welcome to mine!" Believe it or not, I actually subdued myself for a while, and found out that I was working on an ulcer and some other problems. Once I started expressing myself again (and generally coming back into my own, to Hell with everyone else!) the ulcer cleared up and the other problems went away. I think I'll continue being me, and I should live longer that way. I also stopped hurrying all over the place, and my BP and heart trouble is no longer trouble! Damn Kalifornia - I will not march lockstep into oblivion with the rest of these fools! I am trying to win "hearts and minds" behind the lines, but I still have a contingency escape plan ready... FFZ
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:53:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:19:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:39:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:43:22 AM EST
Most of these are good laws seperating church and state. I am not a Christian and I always felt uncomfortable when forced to bow my head in prayer before a football game. I am trying to conjure up the most nasty, hateful, violent thoughts I can and the coach is making me listen to his little love poem before the game. Not allowing the kid to pray over his food is a dumb idea and the 10 Commandments thing is pretty silly too. I guess noone can do a paper on mythology either since someone might start worshiping Zeus!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:56:07 AM EST
All the rulings are themselves un-constitutional.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:59:09 AM EST
Top Top