Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 6:40:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd turn his ass in. That way we'd both have done the right thing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I honestly don't care about illegal immigration. In the case of this hypothetical situation. I'd help them out, but I wouldn't waste my time turning in some guy who is just looking for a job. Besides, I like Mexicans and have never had any problems with them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd turn him in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd take him and the boy to the hospital, and then turn him in.

However, I voted for the Hot Chick option because finding a hot chick in the desert really does make a better story.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd Rick him good.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Illegal is illegal period.

Doesn't matter if you're a LEO a Judge or Joe Schmoe on the street.

In this case he is an illegal, albeit a good one. What he is doing is illegal.

I would turn him in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd Rick Roll him w/ the 870.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Huh, illegal, what illegal? I was in the desert, when this nice Mexican tourist walked up to me...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd take him and the boy to the hospital, and then turn him in.

However, I voted for the Hot Chick option because finding a hot chick in the desert really does make a better story.

+1
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Hot wings and beer. The staff and the hospital can call the cops.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd thank him profusely while the authorities put him on the bus for his return trip to Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
You also have to realize it depends on what state you are in.

Unless you have ICE trained officers or some state law that allows the arrest of an illegal alien not much you could do.

Here he would walk.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#13]
 Not only would I 'look' the other way, I would make sure he had enough cash to get by for a few days.
 I we are going to let anyone in this Country, that is the type of person we should let in. He would have earned a lot of respect for his actions doing that.(from me at least)
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#15]
This is a good way to legitimize illegal immigration to your average dipshit voter.

"It's for the children!" works again.

We are being slowly invaded by a parasitic underclass and a majority of Americans either don't care or actively encourage it.

Makes me sick.   Yet another reason why the experiment which is America is failing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Turn him in. I have seen and had plenty of problems with illegals.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I honestly don't care about illegal immigration. In the case of this hypothetical situation. I'd help them out, but I wouldn't waste my time turning in some guy who is just looking for a job. Besides, I like Mexicans and have never had any problems with them.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#18]

I'd turn him in. I might do my best to help him become a legal resident though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#19]
If he insists on going to the hospital, then yes.  I turn him in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
 Not only would I 'look' the other way, I would make sure he had enough cash to get by for a few days.
 I we are going to let anyone in this Country, that is the type of person we should let in. He would have earned a lot of respect for his actions doing that.(from me at least)

One good turn deserves another.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd turn him in.

But then, I am becoming a racist with zero tolerance for illegal aliens. They are destroying my community, one "poor, well meaning" law breaking uneducated teet sucking new vehicle driving job stealing criminal at a time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#23]
He did the right thing, and I must also do the right thing. I would make sure to speak on his behalf, and try to point him in the right direction to becoming a citizen or at least a legal resident. He's good people for helping that kid knowing he's going to pay a personal price for it. I want more people like that here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd buy him lunch and a beer while he was waiting for his ride back to the border. I'd feel bad if he was disqualified from ever immigrating legally, but good deed or no, I have a zero tolerance policy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Little different than my hypothetical. I only heard the end of the segment on the radio

Cordova likely saved the boy, Estrada said, and his actions should remind people not to quickly characterize illegal immigrants as criminals.

They're still criminals, under the definition of the law.

The illegal immigrant happened to do the right thing when it came to this boy. He did the wrong thing crossing the border. Crossing illegally put him in a position to do right by the boy, but it doesn't excuse his prior crime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Is it illegal to shoot someone in the desert?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If he insists on going to the hospital, then yes.  I turn him in.

Yeah, I'd tell him that those were his choices
I don't hate illegals, I hate criminals and I hate
what the illegals(as a group)are doing to the USA
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#29]
he'd walk.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Honestly hundreds are coming over the border everyday, these guys are child molesters, rapists, murderers, and thieves. Why should I turn in a good guy when hundreds of bad guys will not be turned in. Besides he'll be back across the border in a couple weeks anyway.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
How about rewarding someone for a good job?

Send him back and make arrangements for him to acquire legal status.  It is obvious that his head is in the correct place and he would most likely make a good citizen.  Legal citizen after the proper paperwork.

Kicking his loose all together is probably not the best way to handle it.  Neither is sending him back to Mexico and forgetting him.

Joe
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I'd turn him in, but offer to help him get citizenship legally any way that I reasonably could. Yeah, he's a good guy, but there's billions of good guys in the world. We can't let them all in the country just because they're good guys.

I don't hate them - they're just trying to improve their life the best way that they can - but we as a nation have a right to say who comes into our country and when. Like any other right, if we ignore it just because it's easier to ignore it then stand up for it, then we will lose it.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
He did the right thing, and I must also do the right thing. I would make sure to speak on his behalf, and try to point him in the right direction to becoming a citizen or at least a legal resident. He's good people for helping that kid knowing he's going to pay a personal price for it. I want more people like that here.

+1 I would do everything in my power to help that guy become legal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe Id try to help him become a legal citizen, he obviously is a good man.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'd Rick Roll him w/ the 870.

But to properly Rick Roll him you'd need to tape an immigration form to the end of the barrel and ask him to read it carefully
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If your local crack dealer was found by the police to have a ounce of crack in his jacket pocket while helping to pull a baby from a burning car should he still go to jail on the possession charge?

Hell yes!

This is a good way to see it.  He is still illegal.  He broke the law.  

Another way, if he broke into your house and was robbing you blind while only your wife and child was there, on his way out with your DVD player he noticed that your wife or child was hurt and called the paramedics, would you still want him turned loose?  Hell no.  

One good deed does not erase that he is still a criminal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Let him go.  A story like this ending in deportation would spread amongst the fence jumpers and next time, they'd be much more likely to just keep on walking and let the kid die (or worse).  Isn't like this is a common occurance and one more out of 20 million isn't going to make a difference.

On another note, that poor kid... loosing both his parents in such a short amount of time and having to go through watching his mother die in a trapped vehicle at 9 years old.  Couldn't imagine.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I could go either way on this one...depends on how I felt after I met him.

If I did turn him in, I'd be sure to make sure the authorities knew the whole story of what the guy did and kinda keep my fingers crossed that it would be taken into consideration.

The guy you describe isn't the kind that worries me...I'm more worried about the ones that have no regard for human life...the drug-runners, terrorists, etc.

On more Mexican coming up here to work isn't gonna change anything much.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#39]
My biggest question is TURN HIM IN TO WHO? We had at least 10 illegals from all over Mexico and south america move in next door. Yes, they were illegals, they admitted it in conversation with my dad who speaks fluent spanish. I called the cops, ICE and went so far as to call the housing authority and NO ONE would even take the info down to check it out. The cops showed upa  few times when they were drunk and fighting, no one ever got arrested. Turning him in or not doesn't matter, he won't have anything happen.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not too high on the list of things I give a shit about either, although I'm certainly no fan of it.

I'd see what I could do about getting him residency or citizenship, he's good people looking for a job, and we could always use that here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#41]
If he risked his entire trip through hell to save the litte boy i would deem him worthy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If your local crack dealer was found by the police to have a ounce of crack in his jacket pocket while helping to pull a baby from a burning car should he still go to jail on the possession charge?

Hell yes!

This is a good way to see it.  He is still illegal.  He broke the law.  

Another way, if he broke into your house and was robbing you blind while only your wife and child was there, on his way out with your DVD player he noticed that your wife or child was hurt and called the paramedics, would you still want him turned loose?  Hell no.  

One good deed does not erase that he is still a criminal.

Pretty much. Illegal is illegal.  All or nothing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Boy, all of the people posting on here that they would let him go is just .

This is the same board that would chastise fellow members for anything even resembling an infraction of the law, but since he is just a guy wanting a job, all is good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top