Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 11:24:04 PM EDT
Bill Maher or Rosie?  Now keeping in mind this is a two fold question; being that if you were a celebrity or non-celebrity.  If you were famous would you turn down the shows to gain publicity by turning you nose up and boycotting them, or go on?  If you were a regular Joe would you decline or go on to try and give your point of view?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
"Thanks for having me on, Rosie and Bill.  I'm just here to be constantly interrupted, made fool of, be disagreed with and kept from making my point: which is that GUNS ARE OK!!!; is that about right?"

[;D]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 3:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
i don't have any interest in talk shows, but i will be on abc's "the bachelor ii". there should be at least one gun related date that airs as part of the show. originally, i was hoping to bring the girls to bulletfest for the second episode, but the production schedule was not suitable.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:14:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, then make the statement...

"Actually I was hesitant about coming on the show today."

When the fat pig asks why, this is when I would explain and discuss my viewpoints.

I would do this only if it were some sort of live special. Otherwise, they would just edit the tape before airing and no one would know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
As I understand it, celebraties have little or no say when it come to promotions of projects they do such as movies and shows they are involved in. It is part of their contract to promote such projects and make pre-determined appearances. I use to handle an account for David Copperfield, and worked with his financial advisor and business manager. They were telling me that when he signed a deal with say HBO to do a show, part of his contract is to appear in certain venues and shows to promote his special.

So if I were a celebraty, I think that my appearances will be predetermined by managers, publicist and contracts. I am sure these celebs find out about it as a part of their schedule, rather than their own planning. Example, Tom Selleck during the Rosie fiasco. He was there SCHEDULED to talk about an up and coming project. I am sure that he did not ASK to be there and get blind sided.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top