Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/17/2004 1:22:59 AM EST
My son's wife has a friend who is an officer in the Army in southern AZ. She called tonight and made the statement that she felt that the POTUS should be assinated! She also has a boy friend who is in her chain of command of a lesser rank. (think bunk mates here)

I spent 20 years in the service. i wouldn't stand for this crap then and I won't now.

We, my son and I, plan on a trip to the air base here to talk to OSI after work today.

Her dad is an ex Marine, if there is such a thing, and I'll just bet he would be really pissed if he knew about this.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:24:05 AM EST
Clear cut. Report it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:27:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 1:27:57 AM EST by Specop_007]
I fully agree with her!!

If she means "If sKerry gets elected the POTUS should be...."

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:28:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By Wildweasel:
Clear cut. Report it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:31:57 AM EST
they cant do shit without evidence. Get a phone recorder.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:37:20 AM EST
That's what I figured about the phone thing. We'll see what they want to do about it. If nothing else, maybe the SS, along with her commander, will sit down and have a nice chat about making unkind remarks and her future in the Army.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:41:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By WX:
Would you consider this treason?
My son's wife has a friend who is an officer in the Army in southern AZ. She called tonight and made the statement that she felt that the POTUS should be assinated! She also has a boy friend who is in her chain of command of a lesser rank. (think bunk mates here)

I spent 20 years in the service. i wouldn't stand for this crap then and I won't now.

We, my son and I, plan on a trip to the air base here to talk to OSI after work today.

Her dad is an ex Marine, if there is such a thing, and I'll just bet he would be really pissed if he knew about this.

Illegal but not treason. Report it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:42:51 AM EST
Yea. I guess treason was a tad strong.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:51:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By WX:
Yea. I guess treason was a tad strong.

No doubt, it is also VERY stupid. Assassination is seldom, (if ever), in my way of thinking, a viable political option.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:54:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 3:01:41 AM EST by TomJefferson]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:57:31 AM EST
As was said above, treason...not likely, however threats to the POTUS are taken seriously. She needs to have a conversation with the secret service. They may even stuff it in her pooper and post pics.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:06:01 AM EST
Considering this person is .mil my bet is that if their commander hears about it then they will do something about it after hearing from the SS.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:07:29 AM EST
I don't want an officer in my military discussing assassinating the C.I.C.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:23:39 AM EST
Report it. Joking around about shit like that died about 3 years, 1 month, and 6 days ago.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:30:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 2:33:54 AM EST by glockguy40]

Originally Posted By WX:

It's hear say... won't do shit if you report it.

Besides, she is obviously not serious about what she said about the president... plenty of troops are mad at him... what she said was out of anger. Plenty of troops were talking shit about him when their tours were being extended and what not. She is entitled to her political opinions, even if she made a very stupid comment.

The part about her having an affair with a lesser rank person under her command, you are duty bound to report this. If you do not, you could actually be court martial for failing to report it. I would report that shit immediately.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:34:36 AM EST
as far as im concerned she simply voiced her opinion. I don't see what she said as a threat. is she an asshat? yes. is she threatening anyone? no.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:07:35 AM EST
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

U. S. Constitution - Article III - Section 3

Certainly understand your anger/concern. She does ned to be "interviewed".
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:32:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By Voldermortist:
as far as im concerned she simply voiced her opinion. I don't see what she said as a threat. is she an asshat? yes. is she threatening anyone? no.

If you are in the military you are held to a different standard than civilians. Such utterances, even if not serious, break down military discipline. So does having a relationship with someone of lower rank. Drop a dime on these two, WX.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:37:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By mac130:
Report it. Joking around about shit like that died about 3 years, 1 month, and 6 days ago.

+1

Plus, she's fraternizing...big no no...call it in...let her CO have a little "talk" with her...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:41:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 3:42:03 AM EST by Voldermortist]
isn't that code of conduct only for when in uniform that one is not allowed to speak their mind? Did she say this in the privacy of her own home? What's the scoop. DETAILS NEEDED!

Although I can see the similarity between her saying that and some punchdrunk asshole draftee talking about how his CO should be fragged out.

You'll have to bring me up to speed on the Uniform Code of Military Justice...... Some quotes from the exact laws would be nice instead of just simple "word" also.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:43:26 AM EST

I do not like the you - Opinion

I think you should be killed - threat
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:43:47 AM EST
...95thFoot...

Now that I have calmed down abit....

I feel that what you said hit the nail on the head. Those of us who have served, or are serving, in the military have sworn to do certain things as a condition of our joining. This kind of thing does break down order and discipline and I feel that at this time in our nations history, we need our troops to on task. If she doesn't like the way things are going, resign your commission and get out. DO NOT posion those around you.

In the military you gave up certain rights knowingly. Live up to your commitment or get the hell out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:49:23 AM EST
IIRC, i dont know 100%, when u join the US Army, you swear alliegance to the US. The President is the head of the US, so you have to do what he tells you to and respect him.

Im not sure how to explain it...ill use a metaphor.

My Grandfater swore alliegance to King George? the one during WW2 and his descendants. He will always support the British Royal Family, even though he DETESTS Charles and Fergie.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:00:40 AM EST
Is this another Gestapo thread about turning someone into the authorities over purely "Hearsay"?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:08:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By FiftyCalibre:

the key word in that second sentence is "THINK" hence it is denoting OPINION!@

anyways, what does the UCMJ say?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:10:23 AM EST
Definitely report it. If a private citizen says something like that in an aside in some private conversation with you, that's one thing...but this bitch is in the Army. She has more responsibility than the average Joe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:15:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:17:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:
Actually a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and their oath. No honor.

If Kerry gets elected I might lose alot of honor
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:31:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By MDC85:

Actually a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and their oath. No honor.

If Kerry gets elected I might lose alot of honor

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:32:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By Wildweasel:
Clear cut. Report it.

no question about it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:33:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
Is this another Gestapo thread about turning someone into the authorities over purely "Hearsay"?

only you would defend someone advocating assassinating the President of the United States. this is completely unacceptable among civilians, even more so among our troops, and even more so among officers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:40:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By gaspain:

Also illegal and inadmissible as evidence (at least under civilian law. I'm not certain about the UCMJ).
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:50:23 AM EST

isn't that code of conduct only for when in uniform that one is not allowed to speak their mind? Did she say this in the privacy of her own home? What's the scoop. DETAILS NEEDED!

Although I can see the similarity between her saying that and some punchdrunk asshole draftee talking about how his CO should be fragged out.

You'll have to bring me up to speed on the Uniform Code of Military Justice...... Some quotes from the exact laws would be nice instead of just simple "word" also.

www.army.mil/references/UCMJ/
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:02:23 AM EST

+1

And to include you need to contact the Secret Service and inform them of her threats.

here is the site

USSS FIELD OFFICES

26 USC Sec. 871

Sec. 871. - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

(a)

Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(b)

The terms ''President-elect'' and ''Vice President-elect'' as used in this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The phrase ''other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President'' as used in this section shall mean the person next in the order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 19 and 20

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:05:10 AM EST
I'm not sure that was actually a threat, but someone in the .mil should have more sense than to say shit like that. If she's at Ft. Hoochie-coochie, that means she's probably intel...and a report like this will probably sink her...and as an intel person she should DEFINITELY know better than to say shit like that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:07:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 9:04:18 AM EST by Nimrod1193]
UCMJ
ARTICLE 88: CONTEMPT TOWARD OFFICIALS

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Military personnel are held to a higher standard; especially officers. Report her sorry ass.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:08:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By FiftyCalibre:

no its

I do not like you - Opinion

I think you should be killed - Opinion

I am going to kill you - Threat

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:09:16 AM EST
I'm personally shocked & appalled at the number of liberals I've encountered in Army uniforms as of late. They've even got Kerry bumper stickers on their cars.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:12:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

"or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect,..."

The above law mentions quite a bit about written type threats, but nothing about verbal (unless the line of text I quoted above covers that).

Besides, the persons comments really don't sound like a threat; more like an opnion.

The person allegedly said "they thought the President should be assasinated; not that they would like to or would assasinate the President.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:13:34 AM EST
Looks like she has some character issues here ... she is your daughter in-law and also has a BF?!

Anyway, as a former serviceman myself, I sure have a duty/obligation to report it. Hopefully, with good evedence.

I see a possible "kanger-roo" court session coming soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:19:39 AM EST
All I have to say is-Remember the cop in Florida? The one who said that POTUS ought to be shot, and he would be happy to be the one? Well that asshat got arrested and probably had an anal p[robe from the SS for it. This bitch is in the service. F--- her, When I was in the Army our ass would be in a sling for even joking like that. Court martial the bitch!

I guess I had more than one thing to say!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:29:30 AM EST
Turn her in. It is a breach of the Military Code of Conduct for one, and evidence of possible munitious behavior. Obviously she would not follow through on an order given by the POTUS or anyone she sees as his underling. An oath gets sworn and is supposed to be followed to the letter.

Also, if a soldier had said that about Clinton and the media got a hold of it, a circus would have ensued and careers ruined. Fuck it, turnabout is fair play.

joke or not, if the Secret Service heard it, it would have resulted in the least a complete investigation of the person, civilian or not. There is no excuse.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:30:43 AM EST
I thought he said it was a FRIEND OF HIS DAUGHTER IN LAW...

But anyways, REPORT IT...some kid in my highschool during my senior year (he was a sophomore) put a crosshair in magic marker over a pic of GWBs face...Secret Service came and interviewed him...and according to some of the posters here "its just an opinion/drawing/whatever"...

Report it for the love of God, I don't want her to be my CO when I graduate (Army ROTC)...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:31:52 AM EST
you said "my son's wife" and not daughter-in-law
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:32:57 AM EST
Hell yeah report it.
A commissioned officer feels as though the CinC should be assassinated and says so.
She should be fired for being stupid.
Ah, the mixed gender army. I love it so.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:13:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By LoginName:

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:

"or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect,..."

The above law mentions quite a bit about written type threats, but nothing about verbal (unless the line of text I quoted above covers that).

Besides, the persons comments really don't sound like a threat; more like an opnion.

The person allegedly said "they thought the President should be assasinated; not that they would like to or would assasinate the President.

Very true and you are correct in what you posted, but in the UCMJ the officers ass is grass and the Secret Service is the Lawnboy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:29:23 PM EST
If she can't me nailed on the threat charge, she can certainley be nailed for adultry. Unlike the civilian world, adultry is a felony in the military, regardless of who is married. Report her for that and both her and the guy she is sleeping with will go down.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:51:39 PM EST
Has anyone considerd going the stick it in her pooper and post pics route. If not that, then get both. Be careful though, maybe it's a trap.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:43:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:57:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By gaspain:

What about that cop in Florida that said Bush should be assasinated? He went to jail.

This woman, while has a right to her opinion, is a disgrace to the uniform. Report her to her chain of command and call her dad. She should lose her commission, if nothing more than her relationship to a subordinate. There is no such thing as an "ex" marine. Once a marine, always a marine. If the CC doesn't do anything, her dad will certainly make sure she doesn't spout off like that again. If he's any sort of man...that is.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:00:07 AM EST
Report it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top