Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:55:53 PM EDT
To get a tattoo or piercing (other than earrings for girls)?  You would have to sign a consent form.

Why or why not?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
To get a tattoo or piercing (other than earrings for girls)?  You would have to sign a consent form.

Why or why not?
View Quote

No.

Trashy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why or why not?
View Quote

We've let both daughters get piercings before they were 18, but not tattoos. If they want to get some stupid tattoo that'll be a hassle to remove, they can make that decision on their own once they're 18.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
fuck no........ my daughters both asked, and i told them no...... they can make poor decisions when they are legal to do so.... im not approving something they might later regret.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We've let both daughters get piercings before they were 18, but not tattoos. If they want to get some stupid tattoo that'll be a hassle to remove, they can make that decision on their own once they're 18.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why or why not?

Were the piercings in the ears or elsewhere?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why or why not?
View Quote

Tattoo?  No.  Piercing....depends on what it is.  Bellybutton ring, whatever....something crazy in the face, hell no.  They can wait until they're 18 in that case.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't have kids but I wouldn't let them get tattoos or any kind of piercings(ears included).
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have tattoo's. I waited till 18 to get them. My kids will wait to make that decision on their own also.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why or why not?

Belly button. I think they both got tired of them and they took them out. I'll ask them later, one of them just woke up. I heard their bedroom door open just right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No.

Trashy.

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Piercings? Yes, I see no issue with that.

Tats? Nahh. Tats are something people should get when they're old enough to appreciate what the term "forever" means. 16 year old have no frame of reference for "forever."
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
If they are underage I'd tell them to wait till they are 18, and I'll go get one with them and get one too (I have plenty already).  At least that way I'll be able to hopefully steer them towards something that's not retarded that they will regret.

My buddys mom did sign a consent for his younger bother to get a tattoo.  He was underage and wanted a memorial for his dad who passed away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]
If I had a kid and they honestly wanted something that they wont regret after having it for 10 years then sure, I wont pay for it or listen to em bitch about it hurting but I'd sign it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#14]
My friend's cool dad helped her get a retarded tattoo at 16. A fucking eyeball inside a wave on her ovary. Maybe if she'd had two years to mature it would not have been so retarded. Maybe not. But he got to be cool dad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they are underage I'd tell them to wait till they are 18, and I'll go get one with them and get one too (I have plenty already).  At least that way I'll be able to hopefully steer them towards something that's not retarded that they will regret.

My buddys mom did sign a consent for his younger bother to get a tattoo.  He was underage and wanted a memorial for his dad who passed away.
View Quote

He couldn't wait a couple years? That's just weird.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have tattoo's. I waited till 18 to get them. My kids will wait to make that decision on their own also.
View Quote

Tattoos cause bad grammar and spelling.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#17]
No tattoos. Piercing only for a daughter and only for her earlobes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#18]
No.

As long as I'm supporting them will abide by my rules.
My rule is NO tats until age 40.

No likie my rules? Feel free to move out.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DILLIGAF?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]
No way...when they are of age they can do what they want but not until then.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess not.  That's one situation where I'm not judging.  I'm sure it helped him cope, even if just a little bit.  Besides that's not a tattoo he's gonna regret having.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]

My 16 year old step-son came home with a tat of 'Taz' on his shoulder.

Seems that very evening - somebody beat the ever-lovin' shit out of that tattoo 'artist'. I heard a couple of his fingers were broken.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope.

Edit:  Mom and I are inkies, but it can wait until 18.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
DILLIGAF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DILLIGAF?

Don't know, I guess it depends if your tattoos are dragons or MLP.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Absolutely not. I made it through life without disfiguring myself and I'm going to do my damnedest to pass that life lesson on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

DILLIGAF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DILLIGAF?

That and IDGAF make me chuckle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FPNI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Trashy.

FPNI

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Not a chance in hell, other than the standard ear piercing for my daughter.  What's more, my son, who is 18, doesn't want either piercings or tattoos, thank God.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#30]
No.

Dumbass decision for a teenager.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Other than ear piercing, and even then, old enough to ask for it, no.  Had to be 18.  My oldest daughter went and got 2 small tattoos and her navel pierced after she turned 18.  A cross to symbolize her faith and something to do with her young aged teacher dying from leukemia that year.  It was tough.  The second, a small bird, not sure what it means.  I hope she's done.

My youngest turns 18 tomorrow.  She has said she wanted her navel pierced when she turned 18.  I said "Great!  We will go do it together, as I think it is fitting for a mid-life crisis."  I keep asking her if I should make the appointment, but she hasn't said yes yet. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
tattoos,most teenagers are years away from having the ability to make rational decisions.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No.

Trashy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why or why not?

No.

Trashy.

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Nope.

Not in my house, or as long as I'm supporting them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No.

Trashy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why or why not?

No.

Trashy.

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not a chance in hell, other than the standard ear piercing for my daughter.  What's more, my son, who is 18, doesn't want either piercings or tattoos, thank God.
View Quote

I pierced my own ear twice in my life. Once when I was about 16. I got tired of looking at it after two days and took it out. I did it again about 3 days before I signed out on terminal leave, kind of a little "fuck you" to the Army. I even went and played racquetball with my friends and this one E7 that played with us often started giving me shit about it. One of my buddies that was an E6 told him, "he's leaving in two days. Give him a break". I think my buddy spoke up because he also had both ears pierced but didn't wear earrings on post.  I think that time I also got sick of it after two days and took it out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Tattoos no.
Saner piercings, sure. Mainly because they're pretty much removable, and if you're not retarded, there's no complications.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#38]
No bumper stickers on my cars
No tattoos or belly button rings on my kids
Not while they live at my house.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Those of you that say "not in my house", what happens if they are 18 and they come home one day with a tattoo? Are you going to kick them out of the house?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Guess not.  That's one situation where I'm not judging.  I'm sure it helped him cope, even if just a little bit.  Besides that's not a tattoo he's gonna regret having.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll judge enough for the both of us, then. Sometimes, you feel like coping in an inappropriate way, and you must tell yourself "no". That was a parenting fail on the mother's part. There's no reason a memorial tat won't be regretted. The only sure thing is that he'll feel guilty if he ever lasers it off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No.

Trashy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why or why not?

No.

Trashy.

As usual the first post nails it.

My 18 yr old son is an asst manager at Zaxby's as he works his way thru college. He is in charge of interviewing new job applicants and he has had to turn down several people he really liked because of the company policy of no visible tattoos.He now knows what I mean when I tell him bad choices can follow you your whole life.

I've tried to explain to him that 1st impressions are everything and right or wrong,when you are all tatted up people's 1st impression is going to be you make poor decisions and are trashy.Wrong?Maybe,but that's reality.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I told em "Sure, once you are on your own and paying your own bill, you can do anything you want." Until then you will present yourself as a decent young lady who honors herself enough not to look like a prostitute. Image is huge in the game of life.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Actually I am allowing my daughter to get pierced. She already has the standard holes in here earlobes, but beyond that my stipulations are above the neck and relatively tasteful (ie...everyday common piercing) so absolutely no guages or implants. She wants a lip ring. Haven't done it yet because I want her to get an ID as well.

Tattoo? Not yet. Not until she's 18. I've tried to advise her to be cautious with tats and not get anything yet that can't be covered with at least a t-shirt (for future job purposes).
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#44]

No. Permanent adult decisions are for adults.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I told em "Sure, once you are on your own and paying your own bill, you can do anything you want." Until then you will present yourself as a decent young lady who honors herself enough not to look like a prostitute. Image is huge in the game of life.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here is a good father that gets it.Congrats Sir.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those of you that say "not in my house", what happens if they are 18 and they come home one day with a tattoo? Are you going to kick them out of the house?
View Quote

Yes.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#48]
#yolo tatt'ed on their neck
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

x2.

No tats or piercings other than the ear while in this house.

My house, my wife's rules. Don't like it? Find your own place.

Not that I anticipate this issue coming up, both the girl (15) and the boy (12) have their heads on straight and are good kids.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

if you are adult enough to get tattoos, quit school, or other dumbshit than you must be adult enough to
figure it out on your own.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top