Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2015 12:46:24 PM EDT
If you could go back, and perform or leave the sheet music from some of the Modern era (50's-Today) music to inspire or give thanks to the Masters.  What genre would it be, Rock, Country, Soundtrack score?  Keep in mind that no electrical equipment back then and no real lyrics to speak of.  I'm looking for examples not just song titles; they are out there.  Personally, I would pick Rock and go with an older Metallica cover.  And, go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x97f-_y93a0&list=PLIiarIds5glX0GEPzxHatoXmcvb1-GjIF
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If you could go back, and perform or leave the sheet music from some of the Modern era (50's-Today) music to inspire or give thanks to the Masters.  What genre would it be, Rock, Country, Soundtrack score?  Keep in mind that no electrical equipment back then and no real lyrics to speak of.  I'm looking for examples not just song titles; they are out there.  Personally, I would pick Rock and go with an older Metallica cover.  And, go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x97f-_y93a0&list=PLIiarIds5glX0GEPzxHatoXmcvb1-GjIF
View Quote

OK, I'll bite.

Remebering that the classical composers were products of their time, what new melodies or rythyms would you expect for them to incorporate into their works?

Even as late as 1913, Stravinsky had some slight difficulty in introducing the new, with the non-acceptance by audiences of his Rites of Spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top