Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 12:54:28 PM EDT
I work for an abulance where I have lots of down time. So I asked my employer if on days when my partner is off and I'm at work if we could go for target practice assuming her brings the rifles and ammo and I leave asoon as we get a call. I belong to a local club with a small quite range where the public would not be around. She said since its in our roming area she'd check with the board.
My partner thinks it might be unprofessional.
What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I work for an abulance where I have lots of down time. So I asked my employer if on days when my partner is off and I'm at work if we could go for target practice assuming her brings the rifles and ammo and I leave asoon as we get a call. I belong to a local club with a small quite range where the public would not be around. She said since its in our roming area she'd check with the board.
My partner thinks it might be unprofessional.
What do you think?

You need spell check from hell, and no it's wrong to bring firearms to work.If she brings them and you just shoot while on break, no biggie.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the way it's pronounced up north, as in:

"Where the hell is the abulance at?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You should avoid the appearance of a conflict, ethical or otherwise, even with permission from your supervisor.  If the activity is not part of your paid duties, you should avoid it if you want to keep your job, because I guarantee someone will complain that you are goofing off while on duty and someone else will have to answer for the complaint, at which point the crap starts sliding down hill to you.

It doesn't have to make good sense.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you allowed to pursue any other recreational activities?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
yeh sorry I get in a hurry and don't even think about spelling  

The guns would we brought to the range by my partner on there day off so they don't even make it to work
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
That's ok, in my downtime I go to the old folks home with some McD's straws and practice intubation on the bluehairs.  

Actually if someone takes the guns to the range for you and you shoot on your break it's all good.  Transporting the guns or missing a radio call might cause some grief.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have to ask, you already know the answer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

Point taken    nuff said
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's ok, in my downtime I go to the old folks home with some McD's straws and practice intubation on the bluehairs.  

I almost spit chocolate milk all over my monitor!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
My brain hurts after trying to read that post.  Although the words may be english,yo no comprendo!

Fidel
Out
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I almost spit chocolate milk all over my monitor!

Diet Pepsi here!

ETA: NorCal_LEO... YOU ARE EVIL! EEEEEEEEEEEVILLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top