Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/2/2002 1:06:33 PM EDT
You guys in the rest of the country may not be experiencing this yet, but folks around here are wound pretty tight........ Today - Columbia, Maryland - 7th richest county in the USA (lot's of section 8 being brought in, though) I'm in line at the Giant grocery store. A young man, approx 17 y/o gets in line behind me. The middle aged woman behind him accuses him of cutting in front of her. He ignores her at first, but she continues berating him. She comments about the poor job his mother did raising him, he says "whatever". She won't let it go. She tells him she'll meet him out in the parking lot afterwards. He smirks out a "what are you going to do, hit me with your purse?". She replies, [b]"no, I've got a peashooter in the car."[/b] So, we have exactly what the anti-gun nuts accuse us of: a person willing to shoot another over a simple dispute in the grocery store. Personally, I don't think this proves them right. Carrying a gun in your car in Maryland is a felony. This lady isn't a fine upstanding citizen, and she doesn't represent the rest of us. Still, a chilling reminder of why the anti's believe what they believe. My guess - she had no gun and was probably and anti herself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:46:05 PM EDT
I think she was full of beans. I think if she really did carry then she would know not to say and do something that stupid. Sounds like she was full of bs as well as stupid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:58:34 PM EDT
Did the kid cut in front of her??
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:28:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By liberty86: Did the kid cut in front of her??
View Quote
I don't know. Probably, but I didn't see what happened.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 3:11:04 PM EDT
It happened in Mass without the gun. A couple of weeks ago, a lady (and I use the term loosely) beat up another lady outside of a supermarket because she had 13 items in a 12 items line. Imagine what the gun grabbers would say if she was armed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:08:24 AM EDT
Is it just me, or have people lost their minds? I remember when I was younger, there was a lot less of this mamby-pamby cry-baby crap. Now, everyone whines or threatens to get their way out of some sense of entitlement. In any case, I'd have turned the old bitch in. Why? Because people gotta learn somehow that you don't threaten people with guns just because they cut you off in line, or piss you off in the street, or otherwise offend you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:12:02 AM EDT
cutting in line is some serious s**t. if he cut in line at the supermarket, he deserves whatever he gets. LOL.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:19:11 AM EDT
If everyone were armed, there'd be a lot less cutting in line at check-out stands, end of problem. An armed society is a polite society. Eric The(NowWhereHaveIHeardThatBefore?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:26:19 AM EDT
Well, I was not there so I have no clue what got it start but it, again, sounds like no one wants to take personal responsibility. All of the anti's have not, are not, and will not take self responsibility. How do you get someone to take personal responsibility? I do not know, I wish I did. You can not have respect for others until you have respect yourself and take self responsibility. Just my 2 cents! Iso
Top Top