Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2004 8:11:37 AM EST
Right now the award is $25 million from the US Government and $2 million from the Airline Pilots Association for a total of $27 million leading to his capture and arrest. If that amount was increased by ten-fold to $270 million dollars, would that increase bounter hunters interest around the world, and aid in his capture?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:18:04 AM EST
Perhaps. It would certainly help in putting a team together.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:30:08 AM EST

Perhaps. It would certainly help in putting a team together.

That's what I was thinking it might do.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:31:56 AM EST
It certainly would aid in his capture. The only problem is, I don't WANT to see him captured; I want to see him strung up and disemboweled.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:36:33 AM EST
What good is 2 mill to some camel pucker who knows where UBL is? What are you going to buy in Afghanistan...rubble? Turn in UBL and you die.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:50:18 AM EST
I think reducing it would help more. I think the number is too large for most of those in that area to understand. I really can't concept that much myself, come to think of it.

Maybe something like 500 sq. km. of land and 100 camels would get more attention.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:02:35 AM EST
Yeah. It's true. I read about a reporter asking some local Afghani what he would do with 25 million dollars and he said something like "Buy a new cow".

Ed
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:21:38 AM EST
i'd figure they think UBL doesn't have too many "commoners" surrounding him at this point - if he's even still alive.
what they're banking on is a sell out from someone power hungry enough to do him in. or someone disillusioned enough.
i've always considered actions like the Mossad took after the munich murders to be the best way. they only missed once.

need folks who blend in and can assimilate into the organization, get close enough and whack him and his entire entourage if possible. just target the location. remove UBL and there'll be another, and so on.
its like the feds asking one of the neighbors about eric rudolph. a lot of them weren't necessarily sympathetic to his "cause", but they didn't want to rat him out to any outsiders. one finally did. UBL's "cause" has more local support and it might mean taking out an entire village - ready for that? just my .02 worth - i'd like to see him dead and gone personally.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:33:12 AM EST
I say drop the reward completely and drop every dime we can into intelligence gathering instead. We need to get that edge back we once had in the human intel department. If the CIA was still at the level it was in the old days, ol' Osama would have been mounting his virgins in hell two years ago. As it is, we got behind because some of what the CIA has to do came to light and it "scared" some of the same folks that also fear you and I owning a gun. So things got toned down, scaled back and underfunded. So we're still trying to play catch-up to a certain degree. I fear anyone close enough to rat UBL out would also be someone who had a swelled ego and wanted to take over the business himself. All the reward would accomplish is getting a mob style hit on the boss, so you could then take over. Then he would have $25 million to use against us.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:50:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mahatma8Rice:
What good is 2 mill to some camel pucker who knows where UBL is? What are you going to buy in Afghanistan...rubble? Turn in UBL and you die.

The family that turned in Saddams sons were promptly brought to the US and put under witness protection IIRC. And now they are rich to boot!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:58:31 AM EST
No
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:21:14 AM EST
Is there any real evidence Bin Laden is alive or has been alive for over 21/2 years.
Top Top