Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2005 8:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 8:58:28 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:55:00 PM EDT
Im up for it, where is hiring, I need a job anyway.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:57:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:00:48 PM EDT by captainpooby]
Couple questions.

Do I ride up front or with the rich dude.
Do I have to pay for what I drink from the mini-bar?

ETA: If you ever need help I'd make the drive for a grand or two.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:57:52 PM EDT
To me, a bodyguard has to trust his charge as much as his charge trusts the bodyguard. I could not feel comfortable guarding someone who would recklessly put me in danger. Just because someone has a bodyguard does not give them license to act irresponsibly or otherwise draw unwanted attention to them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:58:05 PM EDT
Is the limo bullet resistent???
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:59:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:59:57 PM EDT
Fuck it man, I'm not going to live forever. I would go for it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:02:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:02:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:25:30 PM EDT by Lon_Moer]
Hmmmm....................................
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:04:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:04:51 PM EDT
Just kidding about the mini bar.
I'd ride shotgun behind in my Firebird even. I think it'd be a better place to watch from but backseat is OK too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:06:06 PM EDT
Make sure you are properly licensed.
Make sure you are covered by the companys wonderful death/dismemberment/legal insurance.
Make sure you win.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:08:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:
Not a bodyguard in the traditional sense. The client changes regularly, I would be more a feature of the limo than a bodyguard for the client. My job would be to get the limo, the driver (and any passengers who happen to be in the limo) the fuck out of dodge as intact as possible.

If the guy gets robbed in the bank or on the sidewalk it isn't necessarily our problem.

Hmm ... don't think I'd be willing to risk my skinny ass for some random fuck taking a limo to the high school reunion. I'd only be interested if the clientele were accustomed to being around armed security.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:08:59 PM EDT
I did try for one of the Armored car companies that were hiring around here, they didnt want me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:09:44 PM EDT

SteyrAUG... "LimoNinja"!???

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:10:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By strykermcdeathkill:
Make sure you are covered by the companys wonderful death/dismemberment/legal insurance.
Make sure you win.

+1

It sounds like a good idea...but...if you can't meet the above criteria, you shouldn't get into it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:11:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:
To me, a bodyguard has to trust his charge as much as his charge trusts the bodyguard. I could not feel comfortable guarding someone who would recklessly put me in danger. Just because someone has a bodyguard does not give them license to act irresponsibly or otherwise draw unwanted attention to them.

Without a doubt, this is the biggest '+1' I have ever posted here!

No way I'd guard some spoiled asshole that's going to cop an attitude because he has a bodyguard!

Suppose, ust suppose I DID eat a bullet for him. Do you think even 1/4 of these guys would even take a few minutes to visit me in te hospital? Hell nO!

Sheeeeeit, they'd let my wife and kids starve!

I'm sure there ARE some decent big shots out there, but I'll bet there are damned few!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:13:45 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:13:11 PM EDT
as long as you got it worked out legally, i would say go for it.  Could you get a vest?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:20:51 PM EDT by parshooter]

Originally Posted By strykermcdeathkill:

On that note,

How 'legal' are you?
Gunfight on the sidewalk....  your bullet hits a bystander while protecting the client.  

Your're Screwed.  Regardless.

No thanks.

eta:

But I will be there unofficially to cover my buddies ass.

Again, that's bad juju,

No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:15:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:17:33 PM EDT
Take a bullet for some asshole? for money?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:17:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:17:55 PM EDT
I know guys that would kill everyone in that limo for $5,000 let alone $500,000 (I used to work with some real pillars of the community).

Unless I knew that the client KNEW how to keep his mouth shut about his personal financial affairs I'd be leery as hell.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:18:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:20:00 PM EDT

Would You Do This...?  

No. Not a chance.

DzlBenz hit it right on the head.

Plus your liability.

Why mess with that shit?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:21:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:22:59 PM EDT

Fuck it man, I'm not going to live forever. I would go for it

Thats what I'm saying. A vest (or two) would be nice though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:27:22 PM EDT
Personal question:

Is the reward worth the risk?

Only you can answer that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:27:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:36:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:38:31 PM EDT
I dunno, sounds dangerous.... From what I hear, there are people out there with .50 cals. I hear they can "shatter" a bulletproof limo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:40:45 PM EDT
Hell Fucking No!

There is no way in fucking Hell that you'll ever get The Neutral Observer back into that business.  Fuck that shit.  Fuck that shit up it's stupid, metaphorical asshole.

Don't fucking do it.

Look up the assassination of the head of Deustche Bank, Alfred Herrhausen.  Look at the pictures of the armored limo after the assassination.  Then remember that those guys did that for free, for an ideology.

There are a lot of stupid assholes with more money than sense, and a lot of broke, desperate people out there with more skills than morality.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:42:53 PM EDT
The closest thing to this I do is ride along to deliver doughnuts, we both carry when we do that since we have to go in some real shithole places.

Id still do it
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:43:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:44:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Neutral_Observer:
Hell Fucking No!

There is no way in fucking Hell that you'll ever get The Neutral Observer back into that business.  Fuck that shit.  Fuck that shit up it's stupid, metaphorical asshole.

Don't fucking do it.

Look up the assassination of the head of Deustche Bank, Alfred Herrhausen.  Look at the pictures of the armored limo after the assassination.  Then remember that those guys did that for free, for an ideology.

There are a lot of stupid assholes with more money than sense, and a lot of broke, desperate people out there with more skills than morality.

Didn't Bader Meinhoff do that hit?

Third generation RAF.  Baader and Meinhoff were both worm food at that point.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:44:16 PM EDT

Now I'm not an official Executive Protection / Security dude but there have been times he has had clients partying into the late hours near questionable areas and I've gone along to keep him company in an unofficial capacity.

Personally I think as a occassional part time gig the "armed security" thing (especially since I can roll my own arsenal) would be fun as hell until the day bullets actually flew. And for a half mill I could see somebody going for it.
Pay would be good but not spectacular.

But if you are in a limo and you actually need an MP5 or AR15 there is a good possibility you might actually have to use it.
So in the end it really might not be worth it, even if everyone comes out of a shooting ok.

Bullets coming at you are a lot less fun than the ones going away from you.

So who would do it and who wouldn't, and why?

Ok.  Worse comes to worse.  Thugs attack you and your 'friend'.  You've armed yourself and have placed yourself in a known high risk situation.  You, by the way, are now a trained assassin, dealer of death machines, and a known sniper.  You SELL fuckin' MACHINE GUNS.

They shoot at you/your friend/the nearby target.   You shoot at them.  
 You are 'Successful', and hit and kill an attacker.

Here come the po'po.  And the DA.  And the lawyers.  And the judge.  

How much 'Defensive Attack Insurance' is that policy worth?  You got FREE legal council for the trial right?

No thanks.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:48:08 PM EDT by The_Neutral_Observer]

Originally Posted By parshooter:

Now I'm not an official Executive Protection / Security dude but there have been times he has had clients partying into the late hours near questionable areas and I've gone along to keep him company in an unofficial capacity.

Personally I think as a occassional part time gig the "armed security" thing (especially since I can roll my own arsenal) would be fun as hell until the day bullets actually flew. And for a half mill I could see somebody going for it.
Pay would be good but not spectacular.

But if you are in a limo and you actually need an MP5 or AR15 there is a good possibility you might actually have to use it.
So in the end it really might not be worth it, even if everyone comes out of a shooting ok.

Ok.  Worse comes to worse.  Thugs attack you and your 'friend'.  You've armed yourself and have placed yourself in a known high risk situation.  You, by the way, are now a trained assassin, dealer of death machines, and a known sniper.  You SELL fuckin' MACHINE GUNS.

They shoot at you/your friend/the nearby target.   You shoot at them.  
 You are 'Successful', and hit and kill an attacker.

Here come the po'po.  And the DA.  And the lawyers.  And the judge.  

How much 'Defensive Attack Insurance' is that policy worth?  You got FREE legal council for the trial right?

No thanks.

Or someone places a platter charge in the handlebar basket of a child's bike and sets up a laser beam with a remote switch.  They activate the switch when they see the limo approach point A and leave.  When the limo breaks the beam, it detonates the charge, which slams into the limo, destroying it and killing everyone on board, with no chance to defend yourself or even be aware of a danger.

EDIT:

Worst case scenario, of course, but then you don't know who you're protecting either.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:49:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:50:10 PM EDT

Hell Fucking No!

Don't fucking do it.

Absolut becomes more curious each day as to what TNO does and has done in the past......
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:51:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jarhead_22:

A bit of surveillance detection would have saved Herrhausen's life.

There was a bit.  Granted, it could have been better, but the terrorists were very clever about getting around what was there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 10:02:46 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:13:59 PM EDT
Nope.

Not enough to gain.  Too much to lose.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:18:41 PM EDT
The statement about too many dumbasses with too much money, and too many broke people is too universal.

The Neutral Observer is going to relate a story about a friend that will illustrate the point.

The friend, out of morbid curiousity, attended "mercenary camp" held down in Southern Alabama about 6 years or so ago.  It was run by a reasonably well-known name in the business, so the fat ho-ho type of wannabe never found out about it.  Basically the deal was 4-5 days worth of basic stuff for the more motivated/connected wannabe type or the "looking for work" type:  weapons familiarization (fired Ingrams, Uzis, and ComBloc shit into a river), hand-to-hand and stick-fighting, nighttime patrolling and raiding, and assorted other bullshit (including some blasting each other with CS, last man standing type shit).

At the end of these four days, there were some very broke and desperate men.  The friend allowed two of them to sleep on the floor in his hotel room because they didn't have any money or anywhere to stay.  Some of these guys were probably in the country illegally.  

Anyway, the point is, that for probably $500 dollars apeice, you could have had a team of men, in reasonable shape, with basic firearms and explosives training, some with military experience, and desperate enough to do anything you asked.  Including setting up an ambush on the limo of a business rival.  Even small-timers can afford to drop that kind of change.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:23:37 PM EDT
Did the EP thing for my employer on a 'one-time' deal back in `92, when Salman Rushdie came to
the DC area. He hired my employer to guard the 'safehouse' that he was staying in for a few nights
while he was in town. The employer came around asking for volunteers for OT for those of us who
were military or former military.

Paid rather well for the hours worked, and with the setup we had, along with the firepower that we
were given, only a hardcore jihadi w/ 72 virgins burned into his brain would have even considered
trying it. Went off without a hitch, he went on his way. Not sure if I'd have wanted to do it as a full
time job, but as OT, it was an interesting change of pace.

My impression was that he was the ultimate in 'impressed with himself' mentality. Whatever......
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:48:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:27:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 12:35:45 AM EDT by ARDunstan]
Rich client wants to make a withdrawal from
some bank.
Lowlife scumbag works in said bank.
Scumbag learns of withdrawal.
Scumbag drops a dime.
He gets a cut from the local crew.
Said crew sets up an ambush.
SteyrAug is in a gunfight that will make
national news.
He also was the first one to take a round
to the neck.
He is survived by his beloved wife and two dogs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:24:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 7:25:08 AM EDT by SteyrAUG]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:29:38 AM EDT

So I get this call from my buddy who owns the limo company (actually not today but not gonna say when to keep some discretion) and talks to me about "riding shotgun" on a call.

Well on this day he is picking up a somewhat famous local celebrity (famous for wealth and not talent) and among the things on the "to do" list is a stop by the federal reserve to withdrawl 500,000.

He called me not because he wanted me to go but to talk to me about going on a few rides of this type in a more official capacity. Basically he was a bit nervous rolling around a flamboyant rich dude with half a mill in cash and him being the only guy with a gun. He actually had 3 guns but still wanted more guys.

Personally I think as a occassional part time gig the "armed security" thing (especially since I can roll my own arsenal) would be fun as hell until the day bullets actually flew. And for a half mill I could see somebody going for it. More imporatantly the kind of guy who needs a half mill in cash probably isn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut about it and the likelyhood of being hit goes up dramatically.

Pay would be good but not spectacular. But if you are in a limo and you actually need an MP5 or AR15 there is a good possibility you might actually have to use it. So in the end it really might not be worth it, even if everyone comes out of a shooting ok.

Training.

Having bought a few things for $500,000.00 I have yet to find a place of any repute that wanted to deal in cash.  It was too much trouble for them.  Unless you are talking about banking transactions, 500k is merely a 'flash' wad, and the guy doing the flashing is a chuckle head, one that you would do best avoiding.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:32:44 AM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top