Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:41:45 PM EDT
The reason she wanted a date with you is because you somehow look exactly like a prior boyfriend that died a couple years back?  Lets explore the psychology behind this, or psycho-ology...

Predicted FAIL or no?

Lets establish that she is hot...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Is she hot?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is she hot?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is she hot?

The first question you need to answer!

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
depends: did she fuck him to death?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're not concerned about a long and stable future relationship, then you KNOW she is going to screw like crazy.

Literally.  Like crazy.  There's gonna be more fucked up baggage wrapped up in that woman desperate to ride you than you can shake a stick at.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Its going to end in EPIC failure.

She is going to try and "mold" you to he "ex" boyfriend that she still wants back. When she figures out you're not exactly like him personality wise, your life will be hell as she tries to mind trick you and guilt-trip you into doing things her way
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If she's hot, go ahead and hit it...I wouldn't get attached though.

Pics?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Hit it and quit it.

If you were to date someone because they had the physical appearance of someone else, would it last? Probably not. Even if she looked like Angelina Jolie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
negatory.

A buddy of mine married a girl who's husband died in a car wreck like 3 months after marriage. I told him he could never replace that guy.

Sure enough. Divorce.

So if you're looking for a serious relationship, I'd say back off. If you're looking for sex and tears, probably at the same time, full speed head!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Depends....

If you look like her prior boyfriend, I'd say she's just attracted to guys with certain attributes.

HOWEVER...If she kept going on and on about her dead boyfriend "Worm Food used to do the same thing..he was so great. I love you b/c you're just like him". Yeah... I'd eject so fast I'd hit the canopy before it flew back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
People tend to like people with certain traits and gravitate toward those people. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Impending.....

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#13]
When I was younger I kept dating chicks that reminded me of their FATHERS.

I learned to eject whenever I heard that line...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Men marry women like their mothers and women marry men like their fathers. It's sorta normal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Bad idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#16]
No way in hell. She's probably the type of crazy that she'd try to get pregnant.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

She is going to try and "mold" you to he "ex" boyfriend that she still wants back. When she figures out you're not exactly like him personality wise, your life will be hell as she tries to mind trick you and guilt-trip you into doing things her way

Isn't that how all relationships end up?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if you know what you are doing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#19]
The hotter they are the more bat shit crazy they get. Hit, quit,... repeat as necessary.

First you need to find out how the X died. And why would she want to be with someone who looked like them.

IMHO the drama llama will need to be fed and walked daily.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The chicks reminded YOU of THEIR fathers?

Those girls must have had some pretty rugged 5 o'clock shadows
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then I must not know what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:51:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trick is to find a woman who is exactly like you, only female. They won't try and change you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chicks reminded YOU of THEIR fathers?

Those girls must have had some pretty rugged 5 o'clock shadows

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Hit it and quit it, as the great James Brown would say.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trick is to find a woman who is exactly like you, only female. They won't try and change you.

But you MAY find them incredibly obnoxious...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#26]
The good moment will be when she's asleep and you pretend to be the dead guy talking to her from the afterlife.  Bonus points if you can get her to fuck you while she's asleep while "being" the dead guy to her.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Nay.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:18:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The good moment will be when she's asleep and you pretend to be the dead guy talking to her from the afterlife.  Bonus points if you can get her to fuck you while she's asleep while "being" the dead guy to her.

That's just fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:23:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just fucked up.

Well uh...yeah!  But so's this thread!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just fucked up.

Well uh...yeah!  But so's this thread!

You're on a roll.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
But you MAY find them incredibly obnoxious...

The concentration of awesome counteracts any feeling or sense of obnoxiousness.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're on a roll.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be arfcomming right now!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just fucked up.

But wouldn't that be reverse psychology? Since she's trying to psychologically mold him into her ex?

ETA:
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're on a roll.

No no, you're one of the interesting and awesome people online right now. CanadianDave and Me are some of the others. I'd try and think of names of a few other people, but I'm blinded by my own awesomeness... Though some might just say that is just my extreme sleep deprivation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:36:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Melotonin (sp?)
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Would You Date a Chick If:

I suppose if one were desperate for sex, had no other options, and were too lazy to just whack it, one might.  But, no, enabling this pathetic creature's self-destructive, emotionally dysfunctional behavior isn't something that an honorable man or one with any self-respect would do.

Jane
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're on a roll.

No no, you're one of the interesting and awesome people online right now. CanadianDave and Me are some of the others. I'd try and think of names of a few other people, but I'm blinded by my own awesomeness... Though some might just say that is just my extreme sleep deprivation.

Yeah, I'd say I'm the awesomestest Canadian on Arfcom. F22_Raptor throws himself in front of moving vehicles, Striker has proclaimed himself to be a butt pirate, and Canuck is a frenchie.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Melotonin (sp?)

??????
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:39:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes, it's epic fail.  She will eventually become disappointed with you when you inadvertently do anything different than what she thinks her ex would have done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Melotonin (sp?)

??????

Skin pigment?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Melotonin (sp?)

??????

Skin pigment?

No, you're thinking of Melanin.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Melotonin (sp?)

??????

Skin pigment?

No, you're thinking of Melanin.

Whatever, same difference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I suppose if one were desperate for sex, had no other options, and were too lazy to just whack it, one might.  But, no, enabling this pathetic creature's self-destructive, emotionally dysfunctional behavior isn't something that an honorable man or one with any self-respect would do.

Jane

Hey now...this isn't the time OR the place for seriousness!  You get out of here with that crazy talk, you get out now! We're all kinds of awesome up in here and we don't need any logic OR facts messing up our awesomenesses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#44]

This sounds like the foundation for a strong a beautiful relationship. Don't cheapen it with premarital shenanigans. Marry her asap. Let her know that you intend to change to be more like the dead guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:04:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This sounds like the foundation for a strong a beautiful relationship. Don't cheapen it with premarital shenanigans. Marry her asap. Let her know that you intend to change to be more like the dead guy.

Best advice yet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best advice yet.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jane

Hey now...this isn't the time OR the place for seriousness!  You get out of here with that crazy talk, you get out now! We're all kinds of awesome up in here and we don't need any logic OR facts messing up our awesomenesses.

Sorry, I forgot where I was for a minute.

Jane

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
negatory.

A buddy of mine married a girl who's husband died in a car wreck like 3 months after marriage. I told him he could never replace that guy.

Sure enough. Divorce.

So if you're looking for a serious relationship, I'd say back off. If you're looking for sex and tears, probably at the same time, full speed head!

I know you are from Utah, was this buddy or yours in the Orem area by chance, just maybe 2 or 3 years ago?  I think we might know the same person if so.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The reason she wanted a date with you is because you somehow look exactly like a prior boyfriend that died a couple years back?  Lets explore the psychology behind this, or psycho-ology...

Predicted FAIL or no?

Lets establish that she is hot...

You left out the most important thing. Will I be swimming in Poon 24-7. If so, why even ask ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Poke her with your stick while you can and see if you can work out of her whether or not she got any life insurance money out of the last guy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top