Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 2:52:37 PM EDT
If you were a millionaire businessman, athelete, whatever...and you had 15 mil to put into an investment, would you have bought Smith and Wesson?

I know I would have.  I would have given the finger to opposition, and totally disregarded the "agreement" that Tompkins signed, and turned a once great American company into just that again...A great American Company.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I second that motion!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I would wait and purchase their assets after they go belly up. Then I would start all over again, losing turkeys like the Sigma and those gawdawfull customshop autos. As if their production autos aren't fugly enough.Cripes!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Good idea.  All i know is that it pains me to see a true American treasure being turned to sh*t.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I was listening to Guntalk this Sunday, and the guy who bought it was a guest.  (Tom was broadcasting live from the NRA convention.)  He says they had to lay off some people right away, and were concentrating on shipping guns out the door.  He indicated that they will tackle the legal issues in 60-90 days.  If he is serious, I wish him the best of luck.

I would have bought the assets and call my new company "Wesson and Smith".
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
It was only 15 million.

Why didn't the NRA buy them?

Now THAT would have been cool.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I have bought S&W in the past...Fine weapons.

And!!! I will buy them again!!

Regardless of the Hate that I get from people who dislike them.

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
It was 15 million right now but they also bought their debt so they have quite a bit more due a few years down the road. I hope they turn it around and make it where I will once more buy their products. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Na, no AR's
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
If I had money..I would have bought S&W. tore up the agreement and would have told them to stick it up Rosie's fat behind.

Then I would proceed to make rather innovative modularized revolvers much like the Dan Wessons. But out of modern materials. I would beef up the frames...like what Ruger did.
And like Taurus any purchaser of a New S&W would get free NRA and GOA memberships.

I would also branch out to include manufacturing of AR's, AK's, M14's (with drop forged receivers). I would make AR's in 308, 7-08, 243, 22-250 and 223.

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I totally agree with you Stubbs.  I'm glad an American bought it.  I think I may even start buying new S&W's again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#12]
great gun hard to beat i have many will b uy again
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Not to start a war, but why doesnt someone buy Special Weapons and turn that mother around(after firing Toad of course)? It would be wonderful to be able to find a reliable, affordable clone for the 94 and the 94 in .45s pretty damn cool too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top