Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2002 2:56:57 PM EDT
I don't know, and don't care but looks like some folks in Nigeria gave that notion a thumbs down. Ahhh....the tranquil sound of all those peace-loving Muslims expressing their feelings.

[b][u]50 Killed Over Miss World Article[/u]

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) - Angry mobs stabbed and set fire to bystanders Thursday in rioting that erupted after a newspaper suggested Islam's founding prophet would have approved of the Miss World beauty pageant. At least 50 people were killed and 200 injured.

The violent demonstrators in the northern city of Kaduna burned churches and rampaged through the streets until hundreds of soldiers were deployed to restore calm and enforce a dusk-to-dawn curfew.

"A lot of people died. We don't know yet exactly how many ... more than 50," said Emmanuel Ijewere, the president of the Nigerian Red Cross.

Street demonstrations began Wednesday with the burning of an office of ThisDay newspaper in Kaduna after it published an article questioning Muslim groups that have condemned the Miss World pageant, to be held Dec. 7 in the Nigerian capital, Abuja.

Muslim groups say the pageant promotes sexual promiscuity and indecency.

"What would (the prophet) Muhammad think? In all honesty, he would probably have chosen a wife from among them (the contestants)," Isioma Daniel wrote in Saturday's article.

The newspaper ran a brief front-page apology on Monday, followed by a more lengthy retraction on Thursday, saying the offending passage had run by mistake.

In Thursday's rioting, more than 50 people were stabbed, bludgeoned or burned to death and 200 were seriously injured, Ijewere told The Associated Press.

At least four churches were destroyed, he said.

Many of the bodies were taken by Red Cross workers and other volunteers to local mortuaries. Many people remained inside homes that were set afire by the demonstrators, Ijewere said.

Shehu Sani of the Kaduna-based Civil Rights Congress said he watched a crowd stab one young man, then force a tire filled with gasoline around his neck and burn him alive. Sani said he saw three other bodies elsewhere in the city.

Alsa Hassan, founder of another human rights group, Alsa Care, said he saw a commuter being dragged out of his car and beaten to death by protesters.

Schools and shops hurriedly closed as hordes of young men, shouting "Allahu Akhbar," or "God is great," ignited makeshift street barricades made of tires and garbage, sending plumes of black smoke rising above the city. Others were heard chanting, "Down with beauty" and "Miss World is sin."

Hundreds of police and soldiers were deployed to restore calm. Riding in pickup trucks, they fired tear gas at protesters marching through otherwise abandoned streets waving tree branches and palm fronds.

State government officials declared a curfew of 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

Previous riots in Kaduna, a largely Muslim city with a sizable Christian minority, have escalated into religious battles that killed hundreds since civilian government replaced military rule in 1999.[/b]

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
To paraphrase another board member:

Allah would hit it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell no!!!

A prom queen would be 17 or 18 years old.
Way too old for our pedophiliac prophet friend, Muhammad.

He preferred them much younger than that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Not just no, but hell no. Moe likes little boyz ! [sex]

Yep...Mohammed is a perv.
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"A lot of people died. We don't know yet exactly how many ... more than 50," said Emmanuel Ijewere, the president of the Nigerian Red Cross.

Street demonstrations began Wednesday with the burning of an office of ThisDay newspaper in Kaduna after it published an article questioning Muslim groups that have condemned the Miss World pageant, to be held Dec. 7 in the Nigerian capital, Abuja.

Muslim groups say the pageant promotes sexual promiscuity and indecency.
View Quote

To Muslims, a little bare skin in a beauty pagant totally justifies going on a murderous rampage.

Time to lift yourselves out of the Middle Ages, Muslims. You're making life miserable for everyone on this planet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Mohammad is a rapist
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mohammad is a rapist
View Quote

Incorrect.

Mohammad is a [i]pedophile[/i] rapist.
Get the felonies correct.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]"Down with beauty"[/b]

Something is definitely wrong with these followers of such a peaceful religion.

Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mohammad is a rapist
View Quote

Wrong,

Mohammad [b][u]WAS[/u][/b] a rapist.

Hes dead now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#9]
God is great! Beauty is great!
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, if they stabbed, beat and burned random people to death over a newspaper story & pagent, I can't even imagine the world of hurt this guy's in for.....

[b]"What would (the prophet) Muhammad think? In all honesty, he would probably have chosen a wife from among them (the contestants)," Isioma Daniel wrote in Saturday's article.[/b]

And I fully agree w/ Raven's comments. These fanatic whack-o's go on a mass killing spree because they're angry about a pagent(or actually a newpaper story about a pagent?) Nice belief system they have. Yeah, god is good......as long as you don't piss me off or believe in anything different than I do......'cause if you do, my god wants me to kill you.

Is this 2002 or 240 AD? I am so sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Their response to a passage written by a vermin reporter about a beauty pageant is to burn churches?  Not only are the vermin culturally retarded, they are mentally retarded as well.

Death to vermin.  
It's for the children.

(Just for future reference, I will no longer refer to "Muslims" as such, from now they will be known by me by the far more appropriate title of "vermin.")
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
So, they're burning churches and pulling commuters out of their cars and killing them. I see, the religion of peace and love for their fellow man. The religion of justice, virtue, and all things good. Fvck 'em!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Update: Now hundreds have been murdered.

Looks like I posted this just as the dance was starting, not ending. Apparently the first 50 or so murdered were just calisthenics for Allah.

Now they're ready for the real "fun".
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Of course not.  She is much to old for Muhamud "the pedophile" muslim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top