Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/19/2016 11:59:48 PM EDT
Say you were in the market, and a house came up for sale in which several people had been murdered.  You know, what realtors call "psychologically impacted properties."

For example, the house in Kansas in which the Clutter family were savagely murdered in 1959 (the IN COLD BLOOD case), or the house in Amityville New York where the DeFeo family was murdered in 1974.

Assume the price is right for what you are looking for, and it meets your needs in all other respects as well.

Would you buy the house and live comfortably there, not troubled at all by what happened there?

Or would you run like Hell in the other direction?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:00:44 AM EDT
NCIS thread?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:00:55 AM EDT
if it was priced well below a house with no murders i would give it a go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:03:15 AM EDT
did the house somehow murder them?

not seeing the issue unless like every owner of the house ever has been murdered in it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:04:06 AM EDT
I would not be interested.

Aside from any possible bad juju a place like that attracts freaks. People who think it's a tourist attraction.

I lived in the house where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed and it was a never ending stream of shitheads. And no one was actually murdered there.

Supposedly it was haunted for other reasons but I never saw anything.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:05:15 AM EDT
Yes. It would be hard to relax/have fun in a house where multiple people met an unfortunate end.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:06:39 AM EDT
I do think I would look at a house differently if it was the scene of a multiple homicide. If some tweaker broke in and got shot I probably wouldn't give a rats ass. A quadruple murder? I'd probably pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:07:11 AM EDT

I'm not a spiritual person.

It's a house.

There's no such things as ghosts.

Who cares.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:16:53 AM EDT
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:20:47 AM EDT
I was in high school at the time - summer vacation..  My family and I were coming back on a Saturday evening from a picnic...  We couldn't get within blocks of our house by car.  Police had roads blocked off.  So we parked and walked to see what was up?  

Turns out, the guy down the block from me, killed his girlfriend and child, killed their two dogs, and then off-ed himself.  I don't live in the neighborhood anymore, but to this day...  If I mention "The House of Death" my family and old friends know the house I'm talking about.  We used to cross the block, just to stay away from the bad ju-ju.  

So no...  I would not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:25:13 AM EDT
No, but not because of any oogie boogie bullshit, but because of people who believe in oogie boogie bullshit.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:27:47 AM EDT
Fuck no.  I don't need a damn ghost watching me masturbate
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:29:11 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Apocalypto-:
View Quote

They do that anyway no matter where you're jacking it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:31:04 AM EDT
No.  Its important that your home be clean.  Bad ju ju is not something to play around with.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:32:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:36:50 AM EDT
I don't believe in ghosts, karma, juju, etc. but I think it would still weird me the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:37:24 AM EDT
No. Lot's of homes available without thinking about that shit all the time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:39:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdpig:
No, but not because of any oogie boogie bullshit, but because of people who believe in oogie boogie bullshit.  
View Quote

This.

The impact on resale value would be significant, so that has to be considered.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:42:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bob_Steele:

It's a house.

Who cares.

View Quote

This is my thoughts!

If I was concerned I would not own the collection of guns that are C&R and have likely killed folks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:43:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This.

That's what I'm saying, I could get a murder house for cheap
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:44:03 AM EDT

It's a house.

Who cares.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:45:59 AM EDT
Depending on how they were killed.

The biggest problem is if someone gets blown apart you will be finding skull fragments in random places, the grossest are the kind that have mummified scalp and hair still attached to them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:49:08 AM EDT

This.

View All Quotes

This.

Not just the resale value, but if it was general knowledge in the neighborhood, and it probably would be, it would attract crazies like dogs to a fire hydrant.  When I was a kid there was a house on the next block over that had a murder/suicide in it, and not only the neighbor kids daring each other to look in, but the nutty ghostbuster wannabes and amateur exorcists would hover around it.  I dated one of the latter kinds of nutcases when I was in my 20's, they're fucked in the head and I never want anything to do with them again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:49:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2016 12:52:56 AM EDT by edcurtis]
Kind of a related story..... When searching for a house last year I narrowed it down to two I really liked.

I always like to check out the county tax assessor's website to find out who owns the house and maybe do a Google search to learn about them.  May be weird, but may be not! lol  My SO is glad I did.

House #1 belonged to a very old couple in their 70s.  A quick google search shows that the old man is now in prison with around 10 counts of child molestation.  We skipped that house, thinking it was possible the crimes were committed in there.

House #2 is the one we finally picked and absolutely love it.  But apparently, the family had a history of drug and spousal abuse.  The husband beat the wife while high on drugs.  Funny story, that explains why the master bedroom had a deadbolt on it!!!  Also, the son was in prison for execution style murder of a guy over $15 he was owed.  I guess it was more over "street cred" than the price. But that murder was not committed here.  Just lots of wife beating.

ETA:  The murderers young daughter lived here with her grandparents.  When viewing the house, she had her fathers mugshot over her bed with the text " Daddy loves you Lil' Breezy"
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:52:22 AM EDT
It would be difficult, but not because of a fear of ghosts. I think it would be hard to get over having empathy for the suffering of the deceased.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:59:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SkilletsUSMC:
It would be difficult, but not because of a fear of ghosts. I think it would be hard to get over having empathy for the suffering of the deceased.
View Quote

I wouldn't be able to help myself from looking up the crime scene photos.

And then not be able to ever see those places in the house without super imposing the photos.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:00:06 AM EDT

View Quote

Depends on whose ghost.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:01:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:
I would not be interested.

Aside from any possible bad juju a place like that attracts freaks. People who think it's a tourist attraction.

I lived in the house where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed and it was a never ending stream of shitheads. And no one was actually murdered there.

Supposedly it was haunted for other reasons but I never saw anything.
View Quote

Now your screen name makes sense
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:03:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By edcurtis:

Kind of a related story..... When searching for a house last year I narrowed it down to two I really liked.
I always like to check out the county tax assessor's website to find out who owns the house and maybe do a Google search to learn about them.  May be weird, but may be not! lol  My SO is glad I did.

House #1 belonged to a very old couple in their 70s.  A quick google search shows that the old man is now in prison with around 10 counts of child molestation.  We skipped that house, thinking it was possible the crimes were committed in there.

House #2 is the one we finally picked and absolutely love it.  But apparently, the family had a history of drug and spousal abuse.  The husband beat the wife while high on drugs.  Funny story, that explains why the master bedroom had a deadbolt on it!!!  Also, the son was in prison for execution style murder of a guy over $15 he was owed.  I guess it was more over "street cred" than the price. But that murder was not committed here.  Just lots of wife beating.

ETA:  The murderers young daughter lived here with her grandparents.  When viewing the house, she had her fathers mugshot over her bed with the text " Daddy loves you Lil' Breezy"
View Quote

You should stop worrying about ghost and start worrying about where you live!  Those were you're two choices!?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:06:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2016 1:06:45 AM EDT by edcurtis]
Originally Posted By BigMat:

You should stop worrying about ghost and start worrying about where you live!  Those were you're two choices!?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigMat:

I never said I was worried about ghosts... lol.  That was my first post in this thread and I thought it would fit it.

It was in our price range and fit the requirements of big sqft (2900) and 1.6 acre yard.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:11:01 AM EDT

View Quote

So you believe that children who get molested, are forever condemned to Haunt the place where the molestation occurred?

Or, you were scared that old Chester would die, and return to molest you?  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:35:16 AM EDT

View Quote

Don't yawn.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:36:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:

Don't yawn.

View All Quotes

Don't yawn.

Who yawns while masturbating?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:41:20 AM EDT
Great price, nice house. ...score
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:46:54 AM EDT
Depends. How long ago was it and will unwanted people be attracted to it? Someone want to come back and kill who they believe might be connected with it not knowing I'm innocent? Thinking of drug dealer/gang related murders here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:19:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/20/2016 8:47:38 AM EDT by Admiral_Crunch]
If I were offered two identical houses for the same price, one with previous bloodshed and one without, I guess I'd take the one without.

But it wouldn't be a significant deterrent, as long as no one related to the event would have any reason to come back.

I would use it as a negotiation tool to get a better price.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:27:42 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Don't yawn.

You ever jerk of ten times in a day ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:31:09 AM EDT
Will there be ghosteses?

Because I don't want to share muh home wif a bunch a ghosteses.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:31:41 AM EDT
Did I murder them?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:32:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By grndy27:
if it was priced well below a house with no murders i would give it a go.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly...  lol

They are really setting Tony up for his departure at the end of the season.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:42:48 AM EDT
I would be worried that it would be a tourist attraction for weirdos. Probably only an issue with a crime that got a lot of media attention, though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:22 AM EDT
I'd be aware of it, but I don't think it would bother me too much, unless I was the one who killed them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:49:37 AM EDT
The house behind us.  The neighbor/friend had a heart attack and died by the mailbox.  I can't help but think about it every time we walk the dogs.   No I wouldn't buy a house like that.  

Years ago I had a friend that slept in the room that his older brother died in.  I couldn't do that either.   His brother passed away in a coma.   He was 'alive' for seven years after he fell off of his second story roof.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:49:59 AM EDT

It's a house.

Who cares.

View Quote

Same here.....but my concern would be trying to sell it later down the road.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:51:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:52:03 AM EDT
My brother in law lives in a trailer in rural KY where there was a murder/suicide. We went down to see it before he moved in and there was brain matter, blood splatter and birdshot embedded in the ceiling and ceiling fan where the suicide happened. In the back bedroom there was a missing section of carpet where the murder took place. The floor was bloodstained where the carpet used to be. After he closed on the trailer but before he moved in, a relative of the murder victim broke in and trashed the place.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:57:52 AM EDT
I can't be the only one who thinks of this scene.

Warning, fake gore.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:01:49 AM EDT
Yep, I would not want to live in one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:18:41 AM EDT
Location, condition, and price are what concern me. I'm not superstitious. I'd have to think there are some pretty good deals to be had on murder houses. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:35:17 AM EDT
Would this be like a one time murder thing or people moved in and were murdered various times? Former no problem latter I'd be scared.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:40:01 AM EDT
Put me in the "fuck that noise" category. I don't believe in ghosts, but I wouldn't be able to forget what happened there - it would be a real downer knowing what happened.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top