Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 12:18:27 PM EDT
So working 6 - 12hr shifts doesn't leave a guy with much time for chores.  I live on a river and have a deck that towers over it that needed pressure washing.  I had the pressure washer out there last Sunday and thinking it would be fine I left it out there last week.  Went out there today to find that some worthless motherfucker(s) stole it.  Along with it they took my new 50' hose and new wand.  They did not take the rubber hose but, were nice enough not to cut it.  I don't remember if I had turned the water off so I believe they had to do that.  I have lost the new factory wheel and tires off my PU and an air compressor in the last couple years.  Shit you'd think I'd learn.

So here is where I need help.  I need some creative ideas.  I have an old chainsaw to use as bait - I am thinking electricity....... wiring it up for sound.  Problem is animals getting nailed if they get to close, also with my schedule I don't have a lot of time to "get even"  Gimme some ideas.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't do it.

They will try to hang you if you lay a trap that hurts or kills the bad guy.

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Better yet set up a surveillance camera...
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, that sucks. My feeling about mankind, is they are basically honest, but you don't want to temp them. Yep, do the survivance camera and nail the SOB when the fvcker comes for the chain saw.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So here is where I need help.  I need some creative ideas.  I have an old chainsaw to use as bait - I am thinking electricity....... wiring it up for sound.  Problem is animals getting nailed if they get to close, also with my schedule I don't have a lot of time to "get even"  Gimme some ideas.
View Quote

You can run it into a 110 but remember to take the gas and oil out...otherwise it will be smokin' on ya...  Yep - it'll kill small animals quick....  (don't ask - )
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Night vision sniper fire?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My father-in-law was a Electrician and once told me of a story similiar to your problem.

On the job site they had many large piles of pipe that was waiting to be installed for wiring.  Bums in that area would slink back there and relieve themselves on or near the pipe.

After handling and working with this nasty stinkin' pipe for a few days in the hot summer weather one of the eletricians decided to cure the problem.

The hooked some 480 to the pipes using a welding clamp.  Next day some bum had his member busted in half once the piss hit the pipe.

The authorities were after that eletrician for a long time....

Never bait    it does not pay.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
How high is your deck?

I would hate to see some guy take a header off of it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Night vision sniper fire?
View Quote

Oh yeah that's intelligent [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How high is your deck?

View Quote

Off I go with the camera.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Or you could just hit yourself in the head a few times with a large stick, saying "I will ALWAYS lock up my things!" each time...

Expensive lesson...

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
an electrician friend of mine once had a guy at work taking beer from his cooler every day so he rigged up a ACCEL super coil and a blinker flasher to the cooler, it cured his missing beer problem
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:...
[url]www.shomertec.com/categoryresults.cfm?variable=Intrusion%20Detection[/url] has the 12ga trip device as well as a device that sparys oc pepper spray when activated electronicly or by trip wire... now thats cool!
View Quote

Cool, razor wire. I should order a case of razor wire for my SHTF gear collection. After the chips are down I'll use it to build the perimiter defense around my apartment.ha ha.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend from work that lives in Oly had the same problem , they literally cleaned out his entire garage . The bums even took all the old paint cans . They got his motor hoist ,and the engine that was on it .
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
My neighbor had a similar problem once with thieves and vandals. One year,at halloween, the local punks were hitting on him hard, so he came up with a novel approach. Somehwere in his travels, he managed to aquire a navy surplus collision siren. He wired it to the decorations so it would go off if they were moved, then he went happily to bed. Sure enough, they struck again that night. As soon as the statue was moved, the siren went off, those things are loud!! He said he was watching out the window when it went down. The would-be thief fell over at the first blast, and couldn't quite seem to get his legs under him for a while. My neighbor only let the siren runs for a second. After that, there were no more problems with the decorations. Something similar might work for you... ==Bob
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Dee
Ohh
Gee

and a Fence
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#18]
When I was in high school, apparently the head football coach pissed off the wrong person. When he came home from work one day everything in his house was gone. Several guys had backed up what looked like a moving truck to his garage and stole every single thing in his house, from his clothes to the food in his kitchen cabinet.

There were several people that saw the "movers" but apparently nobody thought much about it because everything was being done in broad daylight in front of the world.

I don't think they ever caught the guys who did it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How high is your deck?

View Quote

About 14'

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2Fdeck%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#20]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2Fdeckfrnt%2Ejpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top