[#1]
cool
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What the hell is that commie flag doing next to Old Glory?!? [:O]

You bastard!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
As one Canadian to another: Aren't you just a little embarrassed at the shape  and reputation of our country?
In the WWII, the Canadian army had an excellent reputation.Same in WWI. Now the Airborne has been disbanded in disgraced.
Years of liberal gov. has reduced the armed forces to being held hostage by Russian merchant ships in the ST. Lawrence river.
My father was in the RCR's,airborne, in Korea. He's not impressed. Neither am I.
Not to mention the firearms thing.
BP
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I would rather see a Australian flag. Not that I have anything bad against Canada, but I do feel Australians are more in tune with American ideals and beliefs and can be counted on more so than Canada.  I being a Nam Vet have never forgotten them taking in our draft dodgers. I think draft dodgers that were let back into this country, should have been made to give half of their pay for the rest of their lives to Old Soldiers Homes and Veteran Hospitals, to make up for sending someone else in their place.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
To My Canadian Brother!!

I was just trying to be funny.

NO insult intended!

Your shirt is great & I appreciate your sentiments!

United we will kick these bastards back to Mecca!

edited because I ALWAYS miss-type something
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Striker get those borders fixed. That's more important than a flag on a shirt.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Striker, don't let it get to you. That's a great shirt. Canada and the USA will always stand together in hard times. I like to goof on the canuks now and then but it's all in fun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Great shirt/symbolism Striker, no matter what anyone says.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#13]
As a Canadian citizen, a USMC combat veteran, and a police officer for a major metropolitan US city, I would be proud to wear a shirt with both US and Canadian national colors.  Where can I get one???

United We Stand... Eh...

Brad  [marines]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
hey, we all love Neil Peart [:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]
SHHHH Captian POOPY we are trying to liberate you.

If we keep the pro gun rhetoric going eventually you Canadians will be as free as us Americans.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I being a Nam Vet have never forgotten them taking in our draft dodgers. I think draft dodgers that were let back into this country, should have been made to give half of their pay for the rest of their lives to Old Soldiers Homes and Veteran Hospitals to make up for sending someone else in their place.
View Quote

yeah, well, your own country elected one of those damn draft dodgers president.  what the hell do you think that says about us?  

edited out my potty mouth somewhat!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't see any derogatory shots being fired at Canada, especially in a disrespectful manner. With me it's more of a political thing, I am not trying to insult Canadians or your country.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Unbelievable. I post a pic of a shirt with American and Canadian flags on it to show that we support the US in this time of tragedy  and get flamed,my nations flag called a communist flag and told that Australia is more in tune with the American ideals and believes. Some of you people are unreal.[/quote_________________________________________

Striker- The shirt is beautiful and I would wear it with pride! Canada has always been a great friend and neighbor not to mention a breathtakingly beautiful country. The support that the Canadians have shown us does matter to many of us.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#20]
ARLady, somehow you comments don't wash away the memories of my dead friends.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ARLady, somehow you comments don't wash away the memories of my dead friends.
View Quote

they weren't meant to.  and i certainly meant no disrespect.  but let's have a little perspective on this issue, yes?  why don't you blame the U.S. government for not going after the draft dodgers instead of whining about canada letting them cross the border?  canada is no more resonsible for your friends' deaths than i am.

canada is probably our biggest ally if for no other reason that the fact that if someone were big enough to take the U.S. on and win, they certainly would have no problem moving north and conquering (no flames against canada meant).  and they certainly aren't going to piss us off if for no other reason that we might decide to restart some war that was fought back in the 1800's.  something about the 54th parallel  (may have the number wrong, but you get the point).
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I being a Nam Vet have never forgotten them taking in our draft dodgers. I think draft dodgers that were let back into this country, should have been made to give half of their pay for the rest of their lives to Old Soldiers Homes and Veteran Hospitals to make up for sending someone else in their place.
View Quote

yeah, well, your own country elected one of those damn draft dodgers president.  what the hell do you think that says about us?  

edited out my potty mouth somewhat!
View Quote

I'm with Amotramp. Someone else went in their place. They should never forget that. I doubt many will but I wonder whether they care.
As for Slick Willy, I'd have to say that electing him was not one of our finer moments. Neither Quayle nor Bush went either. I like GW and am glad he's president but I believe that if you want to have the power to send men to their deaths than you should have been willing to put it all on the line for your country.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't take comments personally when some people complain about your govt on this board.  We complain about our govt too, it has nothing to do with what we think of Canadian people.  Also remember, a Canadian is in charge of our defense in case of an attack by aircraft or missiles(NORAD's head is traditionally a Canadian officer), so all Americans trust their lives to Canada.  I think our two nations should integrate our immigration services.  Well, at least as far as tracking visas and allowing visitors, not the naturalization part.  We both have problems tracking and finding terrorists at our borders, and any internal delays in transmitting information about wanted terrorists or watch lists will be amplified between our nations.  And I'd hate to see our northern border match our southern one.  The only thing I've ever been asked when crossing the monitored sections of the border between US/Canada is what did I purchase that I am bringing back with me(trying to find something to tax, greedy bastards on both sides of the border).

But Canada needs to be ready for terrorists to flood there out of the US.  As the heat is cranked up here, the easiest border to cross is into Canada(Mexico's border is more difficult to cross due to drug trafficking and illegal aliens).  We have many miles of completely unmonitored borders which will have terrorists crossing.  I hope we have rangers in the parks at the borders to catch any runners.  And oh yeah, any terrorists you find up there will very likely be executed if returned here.  I'm sure there won't be a problem extraditing these a**holes[}:D].
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#25]
The Flags are fine like that,thats not cool guys.
Ya know the guy is staff on a site named AR-15.COM I don't think he is a commie anti.
I know Can has a bunch of commies but so does the UK and Aussies and they always stand with us.

Maybe we can find a way after all of this to run off some of the commies off,hell you know that would be nice,we have'em to.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maybe we can find a way after all of this to run off some of the commies off,hell you know that would be nice,we have'em to.
View Quote

Yeah, we could 'round them all up & send them off to a Carribean island or something. You know have some silly old dictator with a beard oppress them all!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would rather see a Australian flag. Not that I have anything bad against Canada, but I do feel Australians are more in tune with American ideals and beliefs and can be counted on more so than Canada.  I being a Nam Vet have never forgotten them taking in our draft dodgers. I think draft dodgers that were let back into this country, should have been made to give half of their pay for the rest of their lives to Old Soldiers Homes and Veteran Hospitals to make up for sending someone else in their place.
View Quote
I read some where that more Canadians served in the US military during the Vietnam war than draft dodgers went to Canada.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top