Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:37:32 PM EDT
I want to hear what your alls worst experience has been with an LEO over a weapon whether it be while you were pulled over, at the range, inside a residence etc. Here is mine:

Riding my bike down from MO to TX after spring break leave. I decide to take the scenic route through Arkansas. Besides the people there really is some beautiful country. I'm coming into a small town and start slowing down until I get to a stoplight. All of the sudden there is a cruiser to the right and behind me. No lights but a very pissed off looking LEO to my right pointing to a gas station. I'm wondering what the hell could this be about. I obviously wasn't speeding and knew that i wasn't coming into the small town. I pull into the gas station when the light turns green, both cruisers follow me and 3 LEO's get out (2 out of 1 car and 1 out of the other). This is how it goes down:
LEO 1: Son, you know how fast you were going right outside of town?
Me: I'm sure it was the speed limit.
LEO 2: Well we had an off duty Highway patrolman call up ahead saying that he was doing 80 and a red bike passed him like he was standin' still.
Me: What was he doing 80 for?
LEO 1: License and registration please.
I take off the seat cowl dig out my insurance, registration and hand him my D.L. as well as my military I.D.
LEO 1: New bike son?
Me: Kind of
LEO 2: So you're in the military?
Me: Yeah, stationed in Ft. Hood
LEO 2: Where's your leave paperwork?
Me: What do you need that for?
LEO 2: So that we can make sure you're not AWOL (IS THIS GUY F* SERIOUS!?!?)
I hand him my leave form, At this point I know they can't write me a ticket and were probably just hoping to get me on not having insurance or something. They go run my D.L. which of course goes fine and he comes back. Says "He's good to go". Now LEO 3 has kept quiet this entire time but then notices the knife clip on my pocket.
LEO 3: Let me take a look at your knife. Do you have any other weapons?
Me: No
I hand him my benchmade auto stryker and I'm thinking fuck. is this going to be the one thing that fucks me?
LEO 2: Well look what we've got here.
They open it, examine it, pass it around and tell me it's illegal in the great state of Arkansas and so on. All the while I'm getting more pissed off. Then, LEO 1 just pockets it. Says he doesn't want me to get in trouble at Ft. Hood so they won't do any paperwork but they're confiscating the knife. I tell them it's issued (it was not) and I'm going to need some kind of receipt or piece of paper saying that they took it. They all look at eachother.
LEO 3: Give him back the knife. Lets get out of here.
LEO 1: (while he hands it back) Don't carry this here anymore and keep the speed down.

What the fuck over? I've never gone through Arkansas since. Surely someone has a better one though
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pissed that those rotten motherfuckers were going to steal your knife.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]

This might not go the way you think it will...

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, pretty soon all the thieving cops will be chiming in, right?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You know they just wanted an easy ticket and to take a nice knife home.  I think their motives are perfectly clear.

The last thing I'd ever hassle a soldier about is what kind of pocket knife he has.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want to hear what your alls worst experience has been with an LEO over a weapon whether it be while you were pulled over, at the range, inside a residence etc. Here is mine:

Riding my bike down from MO to TX after spring break leave. I decide to take the scenic route through Arkansas. Besides the people there really is some beautiful country. I'm coming into a small town and start slowing down until I get to a stoplight. All of the sudden there is a cruiser to the right and behind me. No lights but a very pissed off looking LEO to my right pointing to a gas station. I'm wondering what the hell could this be about. I obviously wasn't speeding and knew that i wasn't coming into the small town. I pull into the gas station when the light turns green, both cruisers follow me and 3 LEO's get out (2 out of 1 car and 1 out of the other). This is how it goes down:
LEO 2: Well we had an off duty Highway patrolman call up ahead saying that he was doing 80 and a red bike passed him like he was standin' still.
I take off the seat cowl dig out my insurance, registration and hand him my D.L. as well as my military I.D.
I hand him my leave form, At this point I know they can't write me a ticket and were probably just hoping to get me on not having insurance or something. They go run my D.L. which of course goes fine and he comes back. Says "He's good to go". Now LEO 3 has kept quiet this entire time but then notices the knife clip on my pocket.
I hand him my benchmade auto stryker and I'm thinking fuck. is this going to be the one thing that fucks me?
They open it, examine it, pass it around and tell me it's illegal in the great state of Arkansas and so on. All the while I'm getting more pissed off. Then, LEO 1 just pockets it. Says he doesn't want me to get in trouble at Ft. Hood so they won't do any paperwork but they're confiscating the knife. I tell them it's issued (it was not) and I'm going to need some kind of receipt or piece of paper saying that they took it. They all look at eachother.
LEO 1: (while he hands it back) Don't carry this here anymore and keep the speed down.

What the fuck over? I've never gone through Arkansas since. Surely someone has a better one though

I've worked in two states doing law enforcement.  I just can't fathom a cop doing something like this...especially to a serviceman.  I just can't!  I guess I've been lucky coming across descent cops.
-Pete
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are you talking about?  

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
It's Arkansas, right? So? What's unusual about that? Remember where Bill Clinton is from? Whitewater? Webster Hubble? Etc...

Shit. It's ARKANSAS!!!!!

Dude. Really.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know they just wanted an easy ticket and to take a nice knife home.  I think their motives are perfectly clear.  

The last thing I'd ever hassle a soldier about is what kind of pocket knife he has.

Any cop that did that takes anybody's property should be fired and prosecuted.  Period.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Engrish.  Learn it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe he's being a bit sarcastic.  The way you made your first reply, it implied to me that you were saying "here come the cop bashers".

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I once had a cop tell me I had a "goofy looking dog".

<––––-

At least he didn't shoot my dog.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
ETA: I'm out.

Massive train wreck in progress.

Already been in one tonight, so don't need another.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's Engrish.  Learn it.
Right......

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone actually asked for leave papers?  Holy no-jurisdiction, Batman...  
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's Engrish.  Learn it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe he's being a bit sarcastic.  The way you made your first reply, it implied to me that you were saying "here come the cop bashers".  

Well, my point is that it's going to turn into a shit fest instead of an information exchange.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah, I'd almost have to assume that they didn't even understand what they were looking at.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'd almost have to assume that they didn't even understand what they were looking at.  
Hey, I'm going to beat you to 3400....

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Any cop that did that takes anybody's property should be fired and prosecuted.  Period.  
 [/div]

Cue the picture of the nappy ass ho stealing Polymer AR lowers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Was asked why I carried 2 guns

said "just in case"

the cop grunted
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Well, my point is that it's going to turn into a shit fest instead of an information exchange.  

Isn't that basically the synopsis of each and every GD thread?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hey, I'm going to beat you to 3400....

oh yeah?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]
like hell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was I thinking...I'm going to have to check my blood sugar...

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

like hell.

Damn!  While I was responding to one of your replies!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Once I came outside at 3-330am because someone was messing with my door.  I brought a 12ga with me.  Saw a car speed off and went back inside.  10min later I get a phone call, it's the Sheriff's Dept asking me to come outside unarmed.  City PD officer is there, light in my face, gun drawn and pointing at me (some stainless S&W auto.)   Once he discerned I was unarmed, he holstered it and asked about what happened.  Turns out it was the paper boy.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thats a pretty wide paint brush you got there, I guess you are no different than the troops that torchered iraq people uh
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I have never had a problem involving a Cop and a weapon once in my life. Does that put me in some sort of minority? I struggle believing that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was I thinking...I'm going to have to check my blood sugar...

That, and I should have factored Arkansas into the equation....

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Inflammatory title plus a "there I was" story.

Yep, up it goes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Worked with someone who was in a fight at a bar, the cops took his knife and informed him he didnt have one.

Hard to say a worst time, every LEO interaction when I had a weapon has went bad though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I like pie.

Someone had to.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I hate cops around my hometown area but the sherrifs are pretty decent.

I usually flash my military I.D. and they fuck off.  the ones who dont are the douchebags who think they are shit hot for going LEO right after highschool
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#36]
There was a guy in the FHTF that had the ATF called on him when pulled over for speeding, was at the stop for over 2 hours, I even think he had his own gun pointed at him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Nothing. I have shot all kinds of NFA stuff while cops are around and never been even asked for a form 4. Usually they just want to shoot. Others give me the "stink eye", but leave me alone. Sometimes if I notice a cop checking me out I go right at them with a smile and handshake. Most end up friends watching football and eating good food at my house. I just gave 47 flu shots to a bunch of cop buddies and their families last night. Most of those guys I met at the gun range.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like pie.

Someone had to.

But at least your dog is ok
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#39]

I was arrested one time, primarily because I had an SAR1 in the trunk.

Here is a link to my original thread.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=297989

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#40]
The one time I was ever asked for a DA-31 was by an Austrian border guard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Had one try and buy a 1911 commander from me during a traffic stop.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a pretty wide paint brush you got there,
I guess you are no different than the troops that torchered iraq people uh

They did what?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, there was the time I was arrested at the U.S. Capitol Building, but I'm so very sick of relating that dark episode.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I got hassled at a road block.  The sumbitch looked at my DL and CHL, and ASKED ME WHAT I CARRIED!

How fucking DARE him!?

Then he had the GALL to tell me that a 1911 is a good piece.

AND THEN he told me to "HAVE A GOOD DAY!"

I guess it worked out well, after all.

But then, that's the only time I've been carrying and had to deal with the police, so I've had limited experience.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#46]
In before the apologists.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's Arkansas, right? So? What's unusual about that? Remember where Bill Clinton is from? Whitewater? Webster Hubble? Etc...

Shit. It's ARKANSAS!!!!!

Dude. Really.

Are you saying NY is better? NYC, really?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was arrested one time, primarily because I had an SAR1 in the trunk.

Here is a link to my original thread.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=297989

I was pulled over a week ago, told the officers I had an AR and an AK in the trunk, they just wanted to see them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In before the apologists.

I don't think anyone is going to apologise for a work of fiction.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I get a real hard time when ever I get a new gun from the local State Police...

Thats cause they are friends and some times are jealous...  And I get jealous of their new toys also...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top