Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/22/2012 6:49:40 PM EDT
Im pretty sure I have the flu.  I'm running a 101 fever.  Aching from head to toe.  I'm either sweating or shivering.  This sucks balls.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I spent last night and today throwing up, I know the feeling.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So no flu shot?

Sorry you feel bad.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So no flu shot?

Sorry you feel bad.

Yep because if you get the flu shot theres no chance you can get the flu.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
consume alcohol, you will feel better
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So no flu shot?

Sorry you feel bad.

Yes I did get one.  It sucks
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Pho and bourbon
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a flu shot and still missed most of the Missouri firearms deer season with the flu.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Had it about a month ago.

Not fun.

Only lasted 24 hours though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pho and bourbon

Can't argue with this.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
pussy story bro

tried it with my family too ..... didnt work

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Caught something yesterday, feeling kinda puny today.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
pussy story bro

tried it with my family too ..... didnt work

Lol that's what my father said
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
consume alcohol, you will feel better

How do you think he got that way?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im pretty sure I have the flu.  I'm running a 101 fever.  Aching from head to toe.  I'm either sweating or shivering.  This sucks balls.

We were suppose to go down to Texas this morning but my aunt text us last night and Said they were all sick. Must be something going around down there. Hope ya get ta feeling better
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
you're fucking lucky you got to sick out.  you do not know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#16]
This year was our turn to host on my wife's side of the family. She was in the kitchen till 2:00 am last night and most of this morning prepping a full meal. Her entire family blew her off without so much as a phone call.She had to call them when 5:00 pm came and went and nobody showed. I told her this was the last time they were getting an invite to my home. I hate those people and stuff like this is the reason why. As you can imagine she is upset and now I'm dealing with the aftermath.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember when I was 14, 2004. Sick as a dog, fever of 101 as well. Super nasty. My dad and I went pheasant hunting in Eastern Washington, a good 4 hour drive. Spent the week in a hotel luckily, but I was out there every day blasting at birds with the dogs. One of the best thanksgivings ever. Only to be topped by the ones we spent in North Dakota bird hunting.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#18]
sorry op

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Tonsillitis and flu Christmas 1986 sucked
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This year was our turn to host on my wife's side of the family. She was in the kitchen till 2:00 am last night and most of this morning prepping a full meal. Her entire family blew her off without so much as a phone call.She had to call them when 5:00 pm came and went and nobody showed. I told her this was the last time they were getting an invite to my home. I hate those people and stuff like this is the reason why. As you can imagine she is upset and now I'm dealing with the aftermath.

All day today I could shit through a screen door and not touch the screen- but this would be worse. Emotional aftermath is far worse than stomach problems!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
At least you won't have to worry about putting on weight over the holidays.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wife's friend is dealing with the same exact thing with her "family"
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worst for me is I now have a lot of fucking turkey to eat. I really don't care for turkey.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worst for me is I now have a lot of fucking turkey to eat. I really don't care for turkey.

doggie treats
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That sucks man. How can people be so inconsiderate? Well, look on the bright side: you have alot of delicious leftovers!

Give your wonderful wife my condolences.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So no flu shot?

Sorry you feel bad.

Fuck flu shots, there the worst fucking thing, for weak minded people
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All day today I could shit through a screen door and not touch the screen- but this would be worse. Emotional aftermath is far worse than stomach problems!

She locked herself in the bedroom for a while and cried. I'm so beyond pissed right now with them. They have always treated her shitty but she keeps going back to them for whatever reason. I did call her folks house and leave a profanity laden message on their machine instructing them they were never welcome here again in the future along with expressing my wishes that they contract Lou Gerhigs Disease. It's never been a secret we don't like each other but I'm done putting fake smile on around them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She locked herself in the bedroom for a while and cried. I'm so beyond pissed right now with them. They have always treated her shitty but she keeps going back to them for whatever reason. I did call her folks house and leave a profanity laden message on their machine instructing them they were never welcome here again in the future along with expressing my wishes that they contract Lou Gerhigs Disease. It's never been a secret we don't like each other but I'm done putting fake smile on around them.

I don't blame you.  That's shitty.  I'm sorry you and your wife have to go through that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trying to offend, but is it possible you are the reason they didn't come over?  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Put on some sweat pants, and shirt pile under several layers of blankets and get a good sweat goin. Always works.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trying to offend, but is it possible you are the reason they didn't come over?  

Possibly.

As I said there is no love loss between us. Her mother has actively tried to ruin my marriage from day one and her dad was/is an abusive drunk. Still I tolerated them for my wife's sake and regardless of our feelings towards each other it's still their daughter they shit on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I would have done the same thing, except I would have called every last one of them and repeated the profanities. What they did was straight selfish.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I would have done the same thing, except I would have called every last one of them and repeated the profanities. What they did was straight selfish.

Really I regret that now. I lost my temper and acted rashly. I'm sure it will bite me in the ass later when she starts to get over it and she begins talking to them again (no matter how many "this is the last time" speeches I hear from her).  Still when you watch your wife pour her heart into something like that and her own blood ditches her without so much as a phone call it brings my piss to a boil.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really I regret that now. I lost my temper and acted rashly. I'm sure it will bite me in the ass later when she starts to get over it and she begins talking to them again (no matter how many "this is the last time" speeches I hear from her).  Still when you watch your wife pour her heart into something like that and her own blood ditches her without so much as a phone call it brings my piss to a boil.

Wow, cant blame ya one bit, that would piss me the fuck off.  Hope the wifeys spirits pick back up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Gin, Sprite and lime wedge. Bout half a bottle and tomorrow you will be fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I feel great!

Going to grab a quick shower, nail the old lady, and goto sleep!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you believe that getting a flu shot = you will not get the flu?

If so, I'm selling some stuff, great prices, excellent values.  IM me for details

Quoted:
So no flu shot?

Sorry you feel bad.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Welch's 100% Concord or Red Grape juice - WalMart, Pure Licorice Root Extract - Vitamin Shop. Pure Aloe Juice - WalMart or 7-11, Olive Leaf Extract - Vitamin Shop. Supplemental Zinc, Vitamin D 2000iu and Lysine - Vitamin Shop.

You will recover within 6-8 hours.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Pho and bourbon

I go with Hot & Sour whenever I'm sick.

Quarts of it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Give it to a bum.

That's what I do with too much leftovers.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife got sick wed night and tested positive for the flu at the after hours clinic this am.  Pretty cruddy day for her but I still fried a turkey
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Honestly, mine was pretty nice this year.  Just me and my mom, a turkey (with my mom's amazing stuffing), and a few movies.  Of course, this time last year I was (unhappily) hopped up on pain pills with freshly installed hardware in my right shoulder and my right wrist in a splint from a car accident.  I couldn't even cut up my own food.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Been going to the bathroom every twenty minutes since noon. Legs are trying to cramp. I can't seem to keep up with my water requirements.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I just got home from work. So, yeah, mine kind of sucked.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I accidentally the entire turkey

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I accidentally the entire turkey  

Accidentally what? Raped?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Spent the morning shitting blood like I have for the past two months, but my thanksgiving dinner turned out pretty good.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Been going to the bathroom every twenty minutes since noon. Legs are trying to cramp. I can't seem to keep up with my water requirements.

You got a hospital or a doc in a box handy?

Keep up the niagara ass for long enough and they put you in a box, bro.  They can run a line into you and push some fluids and maybe some chemical ass corkage if you prefer life though.  You'll feel like a million bucks in no time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's terrible.  Crummy family made sure she had a Thanksgiving she will never forget.  Do what you can to make it up to her.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top