Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/11/2002 6:05:24 PM EDT
I just watched a preview of Mission to Mars on starz.  I don't know what Brian De Palma was thinking of when he squeezed this turd between his butt cheeks, but it musta hurt.  What a monster steaming piece of shyt.

I wasted two hours watching this load of spew and vowed to spread the word till death.

Edit cuz I mis-spelled cheeks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Another winner was "the musketeer"

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, man, the pain that is "Battlefield Earth" just makes these two look like hangnails.  Never in my life have I been so bored while in the theatre.  I think I had to poke myself with my pocket knife to stay awake.  What an awful, awful, piece of animal dung that movie was.  Don't rent, borrow, buy, or even watch "battlefield Earth".  Please.  Do it for the children.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Attack Of The Killer Tamatoes...Hands down!
[img]http://www.killertomato.com/dc/gump_small3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Behind Enemy Lines [puke]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Jason and the Argonauts comes to mind.

Ryan
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
"Brainsmaher", starring none other than Andrew "Dice" Clay.  [>(]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I can top all of those!

[cite]Surf Nazis Must Die[/cite] is [em]the[/em] worst movie ever made.

It hardly has a plot, the cinematography is awful (two characters have a discussion in a warehouse and the camera is 50 yards away so you really can't see them), it's decidedly exploitive, and the few special effects are super cheesy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
No No No,
It's gotta be that screamin pile of toe jam called:

ISHTAR
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
There can only be one world's worst movie.  "Plan 9 from Outer Space" is, by far, the worst movie ever made.  It's so bad, it's good.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Any Austin Powers movie. Bad as they are, Police Academy and Friday the 13th sequels are less painful to watch.

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]
No, no, no.  John Varley's "Millennium" (1989) is the single worst movie ever.

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Title?0097883[/url]

It is a half-hour movie, which is then repeated with about two minutes of additional footage to show the other character's perspective.  Then they throw in some really cheesy "speshul efekts".  The whole thing is done in the most wooden acting ever filmed -- I've seen grade-school plays in which the actors delivered their lines better.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#14]
If you are talking biggest box office bombs of all time, check out the website:

www.the-numbers.com

...it's an industry site that records most of the current movie's box office performances and other info like budgets and records. According to them, the worst grossing movies of all time include:

Final Fantasy
Ishtar
Waterworld
Death to Smoochy
Red Planet
Windtalkers

and the list goes on, just look for yourself!!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you are talking biggest box office bombs of all time, check out the website:

www.the-numbers.com

...it's an industry site that records most of the current movie's box office performances and other info like budgets and records. According to them, the worst grossing movies of all time include:

Final Fantasy
Ishtar
Waterworld
Death to Smoochy
Red Planet
Windtalkers

and the list goes on, just look for yourself!!!
View Quote

I think mission to mars ruined it for red planet.  Naked carrie ann moss.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never seen such an amateurish attempt at compiling a list of bad movies. Bad movies? You guys think you know bad movies? So far everything mentioned would be multiple academy award winner compared to the mother of all bad movies. Of course I'm talking about "Gummo". Never heard of it you say? That's because it's so bad you have to be a connoisseur of bad films to have seen it. [url]www.finelinefeatures.com/gummo/toptrail.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree wholeheartedly with the Mission to Mars stinkburger. But the sad thing is that it still grossed over 60 million in box office receipts (with a budget of over 90 million). I wonder how much of that budget was used to freeze dry that big weenie Tim Robins...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#18]
If you think Mission to Mars is the worst movie ever made, you have not watched many movies. M2M wasn't very good, but it shines like a star in a pile of crap when compared to such dreck as:
Mixed Nuts
McHale's Navy
Battlefield Earth
Firebirds
Plan Nine from Outer Space
Manos, the Hands of Fate
and a host of others.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree wholeheartedly with the Mission to Mars stinkburger. But the sad thing is that it still grossed over 60 million in box office receipts (with a budget of over 90 million). I wonder how much of that budget was used to freeze dry that big weenie Tim Robins...
View Quote

But that still means that it LOST 30+ million.  And it didn't even have naked carrie ann moss.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Ha.I got all you beat!I'v seen the Spice Girls move.Spice World.Ahahaha.And I took a trip the next day,and forgot to drop off the movie.I had to pay a late fee for the big pile of shit!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I can top everyone's bad movies. "Redneck Zombies" is without a shadow of a doubt the worst movie ever! It'll make you wish motion pictures had never been invented.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I've not seen anything quite as bad as "Quest for Fire". I think it came out in '81. Chronicles the first front-to-front human coitus intermixed with cannibalism and Cro-Magnon pyromania. The gal I took to this waste of celluloid must have thought I was nuts as playing opposite to "QFF" was "On Golden Pond".

I thought I'd rent it for our 20th anniversary this October.

Kevin

p.s. In hindsight, dust-covered fornicators in "Quest" may have been better than a simpering Hanoi Jane in "OGP".
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Manos, the Hands of Fate
View Quote

By that reguard, watching any movie spoofed by Joel and the bots (MST3K) WITHOUT Joel and the bots qualifies...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can top everyone's bad movies. "Redneck Zombies" is without a shadow of a doubt the worst movie ever! It'll make you wish motion pictures had never been invented.
View Quote

I laughed my ass off at that movie, come on! Spray-on deodorant kills the redneck zombies made by the toxic waste infected still! Wait... that movie does suck... dear god...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ha.I got all you beat!I'v seen the Spice Girls move.Spice World.Ahahaha.And I took a trip the next day,and forgot to drop off the movie.I had to pay a late fee for the big pile of shit!
View Quote

Ok, bad movies that you might actually rent....  I can't believe you rented spice world.   Oh, My,  GOD!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Thin Red Line.....I wished I would get a blood clot in my brain so it would end....
View Quote

Ditto What a big let down and a waste of money. It was a watch it all movie just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Well I didn't and I'll never watch it again.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I guess I am the only one here who has seen
[u]No Holds Barred[/u] starring Hulk Hogan.

[u]Plan 9 From Outer Space[/u] is actually enjoyable if you have seen the movie [u]Ed Wood[/u].
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Jason and the Argonauts comes to mind.

Ryan
View Quote

Are you insane?  That movie is a classic.

And gunner-x, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is another classic. "Puberty Love."  One for the ages.

Mission to Mars though, holy shiite that was an awful movie.  djk, think we can file a class action suit for the life wasted watching that piece of crap.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#29]
If you really want to watch a movie that will make you want to eat your gun go rent "Killer Clowns from Outer Space"

Karl
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Now, let's be fair, here...Only the last 30 minutes of "Mission To Mars" sucked. The rest of the movie was very watchable...

For a non-stop suck-o-fest, you need look no farther than any movie with Jim Carrey in it —
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
My vote goes to the remake of King Kong – it contains nearly every politically correct cliché possible.

Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

I think Jason and the Argonauts is a great movie!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Movies I walked out of:
St. Elmos Fire
Romancing the Stone
Judge Dredd
Three Kings
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you really want to watch a movie that will make you want to eat your gun go rent "Killer Clowns from Outer Space"

Karl
View Quote

Cheesy enough to be a cult classic, though.....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#35]
How about Ghosts of Mars?

I thought it sucked choad.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Worst movie I ever saw was "The Doors" or "Morrison"...
Can't even remember the name...

Sucked so bad, GF & I actually got up and walked out of the theater...

I think an acid trip was required for it to make sense...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Having a sat. dish lets me view some real winners. Barb Wire with Pam "and don't call me -itch" Anderson comes to mind. Dude,Where's My Car? did give me 1 laugh before I fell asleep.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Thin Red Line.....I wished I would get a blood clot in my brain so it would end....
View Quote
Yeah... [i]{GRIN}[/i]

I got that same feeling watching [b]"La Dolce Vida". [/b]

OMMFG - PuhlEEEESE!!! THAT was torture, pure [b]TORTURE![/b] Holy sheet I sat in that movie theater for what seemed like six hours watching that disconnected unintelligible wandering meandering pointless parade of moronic scenes one-after-another-after-another-after-another ad naseum! And it was in black & white!! And with SUBTITLES too!!!

And just when you thought it was going to end, - FLIP - now we're in yet ANOTHER dark grainy scene with a whole new set of unknown characters doing who-the-fock-cares-what in yet another pointless 20minute scene TOTALLY unrelated to the previous scene or the previous one or the previous one...

OMMFG if that movie was ever used as psychological torture for the Taliban prisoners at Guantanamo base - we'd have the names and locations of every known AlQueda terrorist around the world in less than an hour!

Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Agreed!  To add insult to it, I own three movies on tape, and it is one of them!  Last year on my birthday, I went-out to buy Enemy at the Gates, but couldn't find it.  I bought The Thin Red Line instead.  It wasn't a nice way to spend my birthday.  I feel bad, because my poor wife suffered through all it since she didn't want me to have to watch it by myself on my birthday.  The only good thing I can think of was that George [i]Clown[/i]ey wasn't in it for long.  It was even nominated for seven Academy Awards.   What were they thinking?  I don't think I've ever fallen asleep during a movie, but I came pretty close during that drawn-out mess.z
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Everyone is wrong.  The worst movie of all time is a tossup between any Stephen Segall movies, but "on Deadly Ground" take the cake.

I liked "The Thin Red Line."  
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#41]
obviously nobody was forced to watch The Big Hit starring Marky Mark
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I walked out of "The Fifth Element."  That movie sucked the big one.  I was exremely tempted to walk out on "Any Given Sunday" but fell asleep instead.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Jaws 2. Someone forgot to write a script.

The other one is so bad I forgot the title. The one where Bruce Willis is a jewel thief? Horrible.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
obviously nobody was forced to watch The Big Hit starring Marky Mark
View Quote
I actually thought that one was pretty funny.

I saw Highlander 2 in the theatres, that sucked big time. The FX sucked so bad, and this was during the same time that T2 came out. Jeeez, what was I thinking?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The other one is so bad I forgot the title. The one where Bruce Willis is a jewel thief? Horrible.
View Quote
Hudson Hawk
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok, I see someone mentioned "Gummo."  I forgot about that one.  OMG, that does take the cake on worst movie.  Horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE movie.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd rather watch Rosie O'Donnel's show for three hours than Gummo once more.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I walked out of "The Fifth Element."  That movie sucked the big one.  I was exremely tempted to walk out on "Any Given Sunday" but fell asleep instead.
View Quote

I think Any Given Sunday is a great movie
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:00:09 PM EDT
[#49]
All of the Highlander movies are awful.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Of course I'm talking about "Gummo". Never heard of it you say? That's because it's so bad you have to be a connoisseur of bad films to have seen it. [url]www.finelinefeatures.com/gummo/toptrail.html[/url]
View Quote

Ahlan wa sahlan, my brother!

I happened to like Gummo. The bizzare characters is what made the movie fascinating.

The Grinch was so bad it put me to sleep twice.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top