Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2002 5:59:51 AM EDT
Yesterday I had a guy come in wanting night sites put on his Glock.  He talked slowly like he was on something, and looked pretty rough.  After they were installed I asked him if he needd an extended slide stop or mag release also.  He said no because when he seats a mag it automatically strips a round off and chambers it.  I explained it wasn't supposed to do that.  I hand him the gun, and he proceeds to pull out a loaded mag and was going to jam it in the gun with IT PONTED DIRECTLY AT THE STOMACH OF A 10 YEAR OLD to show me how it does it! I took the Glock out of his hand and sternly told him not in here!!!  I can't tell if he was pissed or not, he seemed too druged up.  Man that shit pisses me off!

Damn!

McBalming
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Boy, do I hate a dumbass..........

You shoulda emptied the mag, and slapped the dumb bastard.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Something I have always wondered, how well would a tupperware gun stand up to being used to pistol whip somebody?
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
duh! function testing a firearm in a gunshop? while pointing it in an unsafe direction on top of that?

darwin would be proud.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Something I have always wondered, how well would a tupperware gun stand up to being used to pistol whip somebody?
View Quote

"this guy I know" (not me, I swear) in LE says, "just fine"
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:43:21 AM EDT
[#5]
and he proceeds to pull out a loaded mag and was going to jam it in the gun with IT PONTED DIRECTLY AT THE STOMACH OF A 10 YEAR OLD to show me how it does it!
View Quote

Posterboy for sarah brady.

Eddie
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Just shoot him.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope you had the presence of mind to boot his ass out of the store.  That is one person I would refuse service and ban from the store, and I would tell him why.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, I've noticed that a lot of Glocks will strip off the first round if you really slam the mag home. I don't think that it's a function issue, just a little trick.

Aside from that, you should have slapped the shit out of that guy. After you took his gun away of course.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The father of a good friend of mine went into the local gunshop about two weeks ago. The young man behind the counter proceded to pick up a .22 target pistol, point it at him, and exclaim-"Bang, you're dead!"

He said he severely scolded the person working the counter and went and told the owner what happened.

I don't think that person would have gotten off so easily if he had done that to me. I am not a violent person, but I would have beat his ass the second I realized the gun wasn't loaded (That is, if I didn't shoot him first in self defense).

Edited to say: He still works there. I can't believe it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#10]
A few years ath the gunstore where I work, they had a
guy who rented one of our guns, and came out, complaining that the gun wasn't firing.
The problem was that the gun ws pointed at one the the salesmen, and had a round in the chamber.
Luckily, it was a dud round, but if that had been me, the guy would have left on life support.......
And there is a nice hole in the counter where a .38 was set off.
But all of that happened before I worked there...
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It held up pretty good... err... I mean I IMAGINE it WOULD hold up pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#12]
That guy needs a serious gun safety lesson.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#13]
What a MORON !!

Just goes to show ya , "You never have a hand grenade when you need one".
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A few years ath the gunstore where I work, they had a
guy who rented one of our guns, and came out, complaining that the gun wasn't firing.
The problem was that the gun ws pointed at one the the salesmen, and had a round in the chamber.
Luckily, it was a dud round, but if that had been me, the guy would have left on life support.......
And there is a nice hole in the counter where a .38 was set off.
But all of that happened before I worked there...
View Quote

Which shop do you work at?
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]
factory glock recoil spring assembly in most glocks is on the light side, after several thousand rounds stripping the top round when mag is slammed home is routine
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody should have beat him to death with his own "tupperware". If it was my kid he pointed it at , he would be in ICU right now.

Luckily the shop I go to , the guys would've snatched it from him like you did.

Good job.

...Still shoulda beat him with it[:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Actually, I've noticed that a lot of Glocks will strip off the first round if you really slam the mag home. I don't think that it's a function issue, just a little trick.
View Quote

My Sig/Mauser M2 does this about 50% of the time if you really slam a mag home.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I watched a fella' walked into a store and ask the the man behind the counter how to disassemble a Ruger P-series.  The clerk didn't have one handy, so the customer supplied his own--from under his shirt and without warning.  

He popped out the magazine and ejected a round from the chamber ALL WHILE HOLDING THE GUN LEVEL AT THE CLERK'S CHEST.

The clerk showed him how to disassemble the gun.  Then he handed it back to him and told him never to come back.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#20]
A gun store that I've purchased items in had a person behind the counter put a round in the ass end of a dog by mistake. Same store had at least 2 holes in the walls from clerks making mistakes. I watched 2 store personnel pick up a pistol, point it at each other and pull the trigger. It's not always the customers.
The store did clean up it's act. Bone head clerks gone. No more fooling around.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#21]
...and these are the same folks who complain about lax safety at gun shows!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Tattoo, after he did that I kept a VERY close eye on him for the 2 or 3 minutes he was in the shop.  My boss makes us be armed at all times, so I was ready.

McBalming
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I was on a firing range at a gunshop, pistolsmith, gunrange joint and the pistolsmith started to get ready to shoot next to me.  He had six or seven pistols that he carried into the range by sticking his fingers through the trigger guards. He put up a target and begins to blast away.  No, he did not have to load them first.  Someone asked him if it wasn't dangerous to carry pistols like that and he said," If you don't have one go off accidentally now and then you aren't messin' with them enough."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top