Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/13/2002 3:57:34 PM EST
Besides one thing this was probably the shittiest vacation i've ever gone on.. Thursday we leave and get there around 5pm..get to the house and unpack and all that shit and go down to the beach and swim around in the ocean for about 2 hours then go out to eat.. food sucked.. fetticuine alfredo had no tasted to it and plus we sat outside whilst it being 95 degrees.. couldn't sleep.. stayed up watching TV till avout 3am then went to sleep.. friday.. wake up.. go downstairs eat some breakfast and go back to the beach and do some boogie boarding and busting my ass several times.. go out to eat at a real fancy restuarant and ordered Grilled Tuna and Shrimp.. eat it and about 15 minutes later the roof of my mouth starts to feel numb and i'm like WTF.. then about 20 min later i start to feel nauseated(sp?) and feel like i'm gonna throw up.. get back to our beach house and as i'm using the bathroom start coughing and get this bad itching ALL over my body and my nose swelled up and I got all red.. well someone suggested I might be illergic to Shellfish and I said I'm not sure and so we went to like a Urgent Care place and they diagnosed me with being illergic to shellfish - lobster,shrimp, crawfish, and oysters.. got a shot in my ass and i'm serious like 45 min later EVERYTHING WAS GONE.. no itching, no rash, no coughing, nose and eyes went down and that was that.. and so i'm back home now.. you're wondering what the good thing is huh? well the good thing is it happened when I was around my folks and family and it's also good that I know not to eat shellfish.. I'd hate to be on vacation with jus friends and be SOL.. Well that was my vacation.. sucks huh?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:01:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 4:02:03 PM EST
No, it sounded like a relaxing vacation up to the point of the allergy flare up. Outside of that, it sounds like you were in a touristy area, which usually aren't the best for food, since tourists don't know better about the local locales. Boogie boarding, beach, swimming, lackluster food and no shark attack doesn't sound like a bad time! Make lemonade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:19:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/15/2002 9:50:51 AM EST by SanchoPanza]
So, where did you go? IM @ you.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:05:56 AM EST
that sucks! but this will make you fell better. this is my vacation from hell. letting my little head make decissions, against my better judgement i foolishly tapped into my gun fund to take this totally hot chick to florida. (we'd been dating for about a month) i couldn't see how it could go wrong, it had all the ingrediants of a kick ass trip: -a smoking hot 23 year old with a low alcohol tolerance -my libido -a sweet converable rental -a somewhat local gun range where i had mentioned, & planned to go rent some pistols and we'd shoot. (she never went shooting before) -a fully stocked bar well...things were going great up to take off at detroit metro. then upon landing, the florida climate activated her PHYSCO PRINCESS glands. the next 4 days went like this: "take me to dinner!" "drive me here" "i'm tired" ...."i'm still tired" "you can't drink, you have to drive!" "go to the store and pick up this" "you're in my sun!" "...still tired" "i'm not going shooting!" "take me to epcot center" (GOD I HATE THAT PLACE!) "YOU drive to epcot" "pay for our tickets" "i'm hungry" "i'm thirsty" "i'm bored now, can we leave!" (after only 1 1/2 hrs., which was fine by me.) ..."drive us back" it was a total disaster! not too mention a total financial mess for me. i was completely blindsided. never saw it comin because things were so great before we left. we almost missed the plane back because the royal hienous was taking her time packing shit into her match luggage. i proceeded to get PLOWED on the plane back. i came up with all kinds of creative ways to tell her to get the f%ck out of my life. when we landed it was a quiet ride back, mostly because i said "here's the keys, drive my fed up drunk ass home!" we walked in my front door and i told her not to bother unpacking, throw it in your car and get your inconsiderate, non-putting out ass back to your mom's. which she attempted, but her car wouldn't start. i said i didn't have any jumper cables, and to drive to the store & get some while i make another well deserved drink. .....IT WAS 4 HOURS LATER when she finally showed up. i was a little hot to say the least. my eyes could of shot full auto flames. i asked where she had been for 4 hrs with my truck. she says "i stopped at the tanning salon to make sure i maintain my tanning base i got while in florida...duhh!". what a piece of shit!! never dated a democrat ever since. sorry for the long read.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:12:39 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:18:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:38:26 AM EST
LOL - damn, that was funny, Cleaner. Word of advice from a man many years your senior - never, ever spend that kind of money on something that isn't a sure thing. Gotta tag her and bag her BEFORE the vacation. What's really funny, is that in the past 13 years I have been married, my wife and I have NEVER had sex on a vacation. I am at a total loss as to why. We have a great sex life at home, but somehow things just never progress very far while on vacation. Weird.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:49:02 AM EST
the stresses of travelling will generally reveal pretty quickly whether your companion is a keeper - or a loser.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:53:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By Greywolf2112: What's really funny, is that in the past 13 years I have been married, my wife and I have NEVER had sex on a vacation. I am at a total loss as to why. We have a great sex life at home, but somehow things just never progress very far while on vacation. Weird.
View Quote
With us, it was the kids sharing the hotel room.[BD]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:35:50 PM EST
glad you guys got a laugh outta that. it took a while, but it's funny to me now. what's really creepy is that this girl was all over my shit leading up to the trip. always wanted to be with me, always wanted to roll around, just gung ho about us. she never once said "thank you" for paying for everything. mind you, her parents live in a house that was about the size of a middle school. thing is, she new this was my first vacation i had in 4 1/2 years. definately satan!! all i can say is "where the hell were those man eating sharks off the florida coast that year!?" hehe..."yea, yea, yea, hold on honey, i'll save you!...." hehehe
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:14:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By Vermilion: Besides one thing this was probably the shittiest vacation i've ever gone on.. Thursday we leave and get there around 5pm..get to the house and unpack and all that shit and go down to the beach and swim around in the ocean for about 2 hours then go out to eat.. food sucked.. fetticuine alfredo had no tasted to it and plus we sat outside whilst it being 95 degrees.. couldn't sleep.. stayed up watching TV till avout 3am then went to sleep.. friday.. wake up.. go downstairs eat some breakfast and go back to the beach and do some boogie boarding and busting my ass several times.. go out to eat at a real fancy restuarant and ordered Grilled Tuna and Shrimp.. eat it and about 15 minutes later the roof of my mouth starts to feel numb and i'm like WTF.. then about 20 min later i start to feel nauseated(sp?) and feel like i'm gonna throw up.. get back to our beach house and as i'm using the bathroom start coughing and get this bad itching ALL over my body and my nose swelled up and I got all red.. well someone suggested I might be illergic to Shellfish and I said I'm not sure and so we went to like a Urgent Care place and they diagnosed me with being illergic to shellfish - lobster,shrimp, crawfish, and oysters.. got a shot in my ass and i'm serious like 45 min later EVERYTHING WAS GONE.. no itching, no rash, no coughing, nose and eyes went down and that was that.. and so i'm back home now.. you're wondering what the good thing is huh? well the good thing is it happened when I was around my folks and family and it's also good that I know not to eat shellfish.. I'd hate to be on vacation with jus friends and be SOL.. Well that was my vacation.. sucks huh?
View Quote
It could have been worse, you could have paid for it. Talk about bad vacations, I wonder how your parents vacation was?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:19:07 PM EST
I'm leaving for Australia tomorrow for 18 days with my 18 yr old niece. She may not make it back!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:20:53 PM EST
Worst vacation I had was that I only got laid twice in the week long trip. OH THE INSANITY!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 9:17:30 PM EST
The time I had to put my pre-Y2k survival training to use when the car broke down in the middle of the 125 degree desert on the way to Vegas. Almost didn't make it to see the womenz at Cheetahs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:08:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 2:31:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: Then on the road going to Dunn's River Falls some rastafarian hops in the back of our rental and says he's a guide and to take a shortcut. It didn't take long for me to figure out we were going the wrong way and I stopped and told him to exit the car and NOW! He scratched the shit out of the side of the rental which I had to explain to the rental people. I think he was going to rob us, or worse.
View Quote
Hahah, sounds familiar. We had some guy stop us and give us a tour too. Btw, Dunn's River falls is pretty cool eh?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:00:21 AM EST
Funny (in a sad way) story thecleaner. So what is this vacation thing? I think I've heard of them, but I'm not sure. [:)] The last one I took was eight years ago. It was the first one I had had in almost 25 years before then! I woke-up the first morning with chicken pox! I had lived over 60 years without getting it, then on my only vacation in the past 33 years (or thereabouts) I'm the sickest I've ever been. I lost 17 pounds that week! I got it from my boss's kids. I was nice enough to babysit them for the week before I left for vacation. I got it from them since all five of them came down with it just before I left. Vermilion, don't feel too bad. You'll probably have others. I've got no car, no budget to spare to pay for one, and no way I could afford the time off from work. Also, my wife probably couldn't be that far from her doctor or be comfortable with riding very far. See, don't you feel better now?z
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:32:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/16/2002 7:35:38 AM EST by dangerousdan]
Originally Posted By Greywolf2112: What's really funny, is that in the past 13 years I have been married, my wife and I have NEVER had sex on a vacation. I am at a total loss as to why. We have a great sex life at home, but somehow things just never progress very far while on vacation. Weird.
View Quote
Been there. Done that. Someone should make a T-shirt. I heard a comedian type on TV the other night say something along the line of how come you girls can drink so much and you ain't got no damn money?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:58:32 AM EST
My vacation wasnt horrible but it wasn't much fun puking my guts up on a private beach with emerald colored waters! arg!.. plus I had my little cousins there and they drove me insane too.. I was packin my usp.40 with me the whole time and no one was going to "give me a tour guide" without a few holes in them. Cleaner.. that bitch would have never came back home with me if she did that shit.. I would have said.. since i've paid for everything and you haven't paid a dime YOU should have plenty of money to get your own flight! beeeyatch! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:04:43 PM EST
1 week in Cancun, Mexico (and of all times, on our honeymoon). I wake up one night (the 2nd night we were there) sweating my ass off, nauseated, and the, as they were mentioned earlier, "the Hershey squirts". Did not go anywhere other than the bathroom for 3 days. Almost wound up dehydrated because I was scared to drink the water (even the Mexican bottled water). My wife finally found a place that sold Gatorade and I drank 3 gallons of Gatorade in one night!!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:14:41 PM EST
all of your stories of bad vacations , make mine seem great. it must really suck to get sick on a vac.,thats one reason i dont want to mexico.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:28:23 PM EST
I thought I was the only person who had an allergy to shellfish [;)] . I always wondered why the top of my throat was itchy when I ate Lobster at Porto Nuevo year after year. It never really bothered me......[beer]a couple Coronas later[):)]. Oh well, I guess thats no more all-you-can-eat popcorn shrimp or lobster tails. Hey DoubleFeed I'll take you up on that coupon, just let me get my Benedryl[puke].
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:51:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 11:01:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By DVDTracker: This picture makes up for it though. As we were waiting at the airport, Sfoo puts his camera up on a rail on the timer to get a picture and we're telling our friend, "Look, look!" The dumbfounded look on his face always cracks me up. [:D]
View Quote
He STILL didn't get it even after the camera snapped. [:D] Worst part of a vacation I had was when I was 10 or 11. My brother (my age +2), was still talking in his sleep. Of course, we share a bed in the hotel room, and mom and dad have the other one. About 3 am, he sits straight up in bed, and lets out the loudest most blood curdling scream you have heard for 20 or 30 seconds. [shock] And then lays back down fast asleep. I sit up about ready to sh!t my pants. My parents are up and running to see who's dying. My bro is snoring away. Mom turns on the light to see wtf just happened. I'm fine, and about to beat the crap out of a sleeping person, but just then he wakes up...."what's going on? why's everyone up?" As revenge I always ask his girlfriends if he still talks in his sleep. He hates that. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:30:32 AM EST
LMAO sfoo People say I have always talked in my sleep.. one time they said I got up sleep walking and grabbed my ar15 slapped a mag(empty) into it and climbed back in bed and went back to sleep.. I guess I just have to have my baby with me huh? heheheh
Top Top