Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 9:24:49 PM EDT
www.ruthlessreviews.com/80saction/reddawn.html

This guy says john milius is a self described fascist. Fucking bastard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't care what anyone says.

"Red Dawn" is one of my personal favorites!

Yeah it's cheesy and all. The Cubans really are pretty danged tough, (or so I understand) and the Russian advisors would have been more than competent. Trained professional soldiers would have kicked ass and hunted down those friggen' highschoolers, etc, etc, etc.

But it's so danged cool!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I smell a liberal behind that, and as usual they STINK!

Red Dawn is great IMO, love my DVD of it...  I don't even think it's that cheesy, for a 80s film it is damn well done.  I can't stand most 80's flicks, especially not action flicks.  This was done in a much more realistic way (other than the premise of the US getting invaded and kids doing the fighting, I mean mainly the fighting scenes) than any of the other films from back then.  Put it up against the likes of Commando and your Generic Chuck Norris movie and it's far and away done better...

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]

I think it was written by a woman.

I saw that style in college when liberal female english majors tried to write like a man, or rather, what they thought a "man" would write like.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Typical left wing drivel...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Eh, libs just don't get it.

One of my favorite examples of leftist idiocy was when some Euro-Weenie journalist mistakenly wrote that the "Wolverines" in "Operation Red Dawn" (Saddam's capture) referred to the movie "The Mole"...and then went on in considerable detail to analyze the wrong movie as a metaphor for our decadent American lifestyle!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
John Milius is a fucking god.  A surfing, miliary-loving, gun-loving, masterpiece-writing GOD and anyone who says otherwise isn't worthy of tossing Bea Arthur's salad.

What is the best scene in Apocalypse Now?  The helicopter assault on the village.  One of the all-tim greatest moments in Hollywood cinemtic history.  Who wrote it?

John fuckin' Milius.

Dirty Harry, an iconic Hollywood figure who made Eastwood a superstar.  Who created the character and wrote the screenplays?

John fuckin' Milius.

Conan the Barbarian, the film that launched Arnie into superstardom.

WHO WROTE THE SCREENPLAY?

John fuckin' Milius

BOW DOWN LIBERAL WEENIES!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
wtf who the hell rates a movie and included homoerticsim in the criteria of things to list?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
And "Red Dawn" has The Greatest Snot Bubble ever captured on film.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF???

Homoeroticism:

Given that the story involves a group of high school boys who live in the woods after Communists take over America, there is surprisingly little homoeroticism. There are a few hugs and high-fives, as well as an impromptu football game, but the teens are too busy fightin' and killin' to exchange loving glances or rub oil on their chests. And, because the film takes place from September through February, the boys are fully clothed without a single pec or ass cheek to be found. A few scenes qualify, but fail to stand as obnoxious displays of overt male-on-male love. For example, a boy is forced to piss on a radiator. Also, two women enter the group and are not fucked. Finally, two brothers cuddle at the end as they die in the snow. Young men are indeed put on display as the best of America, but we are meant to admire their killing instincts rather than their perfectly chiseled forms.

And then there is this little gem...

What You Learned:

Had Ronald Reagan not been elected (and been so damn macho), the Soviet Union, Cuba, and Nicaragua would have landed on our shores and made slaves of us all. It is also acceptable to have 30,000 handgun deaths a year just in case the Commies come knocking and we need our firearms handy. Or instead, the pussy liberals could just make it easier and let us own tanks.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Whoever wrote that review has to squat to piss, be it male or female.

(Proud owner of RD on DVD)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top