Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/10/2002 2:32:00 PM EDT
Since we have a list of classic movies, how about the worst movie(s) you've ever seen?

Here's a few to start but there's so many:

Enemy Mine
Judge Dredd
Dune
They Live
Caddyshack II
Howard The Duck
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
spice world
bio dome
little giants
honey i shrunk the kids
chick flicks
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Oh come on! "They Live" is GREAT!!

"I've come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of bubble gum."

You want movies that suck - go rent ANY Fredrico Fellini movie. [i]"The horror..."[/i]

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Kentucky Fried Movie- 1982 'comedy'

My Private Idaho- boy did I mis-read those previews!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Mission to mars was such a ripoff of 2001 it wasn't even funny.  BS movie with a high priced BS cast.  This movie took itself so seriously it made me want to vomit.  BAD BAD BAD BAD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Some movies are so bad they become classics:

The Blob
Them!
Pan 9 From Outer Space
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Battlefield Earth
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Any "Austin Powers" movie.
"My Dinner With Andre".
Any and all "Police Acadmey" movies.

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Killer Clowns from Outter Space
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh come on! "They Live" is GREAT!!

"I've come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of bubble gum."

You want movies that suck - go rent ANY Fredrico Fellini movie. [i]"The horror..."[/i]

View Quote

Agreed, "They Live" is as classic as they get.  Now, you want awful, rent anything with Sylvester Stallone, Tom Cruise, or Keanu Reeves in it.  If the three of them ever appear together it will be considered a weapon of mass disgustion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Titanic.

What a titanic piece of crap.  I keep thinking what a shame, over three hours of my life I'll never get back.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Fried green tomatoes
pretty woman
terms of endearment
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
"heres one fo you mutha"

Ice Ice, baby
[img]http://insanetoysinc.com/COOL_2[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Killer Clowns from Outter Space
View Quote

I think they renamed that one 'Highlander II'.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Cherry 2000....Griffth is all push-up bra and nothing else...

ANYTHING on lifetime (wife watches em sometime)

D&D...Darn it, I liked the game and still do, the movie blew.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

No other film ever made me want to beat the crap out of the others in the audience. I left within 5 minutes of the start. This was in 1979, I guess that kind of thing is, um, more acceptable now.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some movies are so bad they become classics:

The Blob
Them!
Pan 9 From Outer Space
View Quote

Awww man.... the Blob has McQueen in it.  That alone makes it worth watching.  And a football coach from my small Texas town has a bit part in Them.  I remember being at the drive-in about 1958 and yelling at the screen in laughter when the monster ate Coach Dooge.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I LOVE Them! I think it was extremely well-made and thought-out, even if the fundamental idea behind the movie is a bit off the deep end.

Now Reindeer Games SUCKED. So does anything made by a company called "Two Left Shoes". They've made such non-winners as U.S. SEALS (I and II!). Utterly AWFUL!

I'm sure I'll think of a few others.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 Now, you want awful, rent anything with Sylvester Stallone, Tom Cruise, or Keanu Reeves in it.  If the three of them ever appear together it will be considered a weapon of mass disgustion.
View Quote

Too general a statement.  True, all three have made plenty of stinkers, but I can name a GREAT movie and a lesser but still good movie for all three actors:
Cruise: Minority Report
       MI2
Reeves: The Matrix
       Speed
Stallone: First Blood
         Copland
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Godzilla vs. Rikwriter

Who ever told you that you could act, Rik?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I liked "Enemy Mine" and "They Live!" was a tongue-in-cheek [b]BLAST![/b]

However:

"Alligator" (from about 1979 and recently replayed on Sci-Fi) SUCKS!  I was working in a theater when it came out.  NO ONE came to see it.  

Highlander 2 - one of the very few movies I've ever walked out on.  Christopher Lambert:  The mark of fine filmaking - NOT!

"Cobra" with Sylvester Stallone:  OMFG!

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I LOVE Them! I think it was extremely well-made and thought-out, even if the fundamental idea behind the movie is a bit off the deep end.

Now Reindeer Games SUCKED. So does anything made by a company called "Two Left Shoes". They've made such non-winners as U.S. SEALS (I and II!). Utterly AWFUL!

I'm sure I'll think of a few others.
View Quote

Reindeer GAYmes was the lamest movie of the year, I should've demanded a refund!  Someone spoke of a beating, whoever invented Reindeer GAYmes should've been beaten with sugar cane.  That Afflick character & Gary Sinise too.

Snake Eyes sucks ass too!  Wasn't lamebrain Gary Sinise in there too?

I'll never see a movie with that dirtbag Sinise in it again.

They Live is cool.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, there are a hell of a lot of low-budget movies that REALLY suck, such as MST3K fare like Manos: the Hands of Fate, but I will limit my choices to mainstream, big-budget movies that really sucked.
1. McHale's Navy (the one with Tom Arnold and Bruce Campbell)
2. Battlefield Earth
3. Mixed Nuts (with Steve Martin)
4. Hear No Evil (with DB Sweeney)
5. Siege of Firebase Gloria
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Godzilla vs. Rikwriter

View Quote

???????
Was that supposed to be funny or something?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Like i said, films like "The Blob" "They Live" etc. eventually become cult classics!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That movie where stallone was a truck driving arm wrestler.
That movie where stallone was in a union in 30s or something
View Quote

You forgot:

That movie where stallone was a race car driver
That movie where stallone was a cop with a tough-talking mother
That movie where stallone was a cowboy
That movie where stallone thought he was an actor.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Godzilla vs. Rikwriter

View Quote

???????
View Quote

Ummm...yeah...just a joke.  Tee-hee.

Why?  Are you really an actor?
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Godzilla vs. Rikwriter

View Quote

???????
View Quote

Ummm...yeah...just a joke.  Tee-hee.

Why?  Are you really an actor?
View Quote

No, and never claimed to be.  I realized it was a joke...but it didn't seem to make much sense.  Maybe my sense of humor has suffered in my old age...
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Popeye

ARH
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

No other film ever made me want to beat the crap out of the others in the audience. I left within 5 minutes of the start. This was in 1979, I guess that kind of thing is, um, more acceptable now.....
View Quote
its better at the midnight showing cuz everyone makes fun of its badness
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Gidget Gets Gooey With Surf Punk 'Futz...They ALL Suck!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Space truckers
Freddy got fingered
Changing lanes

Keving67
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Cabin Boy with Chris Elliot   [puke]
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Battlefield Earth
Waterworld
Ishtar
Swordfish
Wild Wild West
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Kung Pow: enter the fist.
Traffic.

Evil Dead  was pretty bad, as were Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness, but ED2 and AOD were worth watching, so they weren't HORRIBLE.  Kung Pow Enter the Fist SUCKED ASS.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey - I though "Enemy Mine" was pretty damn good!  I also spent a while looking for "Kentucky Fried Movie" just because it is so damn offbeat (I wonder if it's on DVD yet...?)

Let's see, movies that suck -

The only Pauly Shore movie I came close to liking was "Encino Man" - just because it reminded me of "Caveman" (Ringo Starr, Dennis Quaid) and because it was a breakout movie for Brendan Frasier (who has turned out to be a decent actor - did a great rendition of "George of the Jungle!")

Meatballs (anything but the first one.)

ANY Friday the 13th, Halloween, or other "formula" horror pic.

Surf Nazis Must Die - I swear, that genre just gave drive-in movies something to put on the screen so they wouldn't get brought up on morals charges. (See officer - we HAVE a movie playing!  We're not responsible if they paid to watch it and don't...)

Rocky Horror Picture Show blew pretty badly, but watch it in a college town during finals week.  Make sure you are fit and single...

As far as anything more recent - I flatly refuse to pay more than $3 for a movie ticket.  That tells you how long it's been since I've been to the theaters...

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:03:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Worst movies:

Pearl Harbor - this movie was all a shitty love story about this whore who is nailing two friends, gets knocked up by one, one dies, and goes back to other.

the truman show - The whole movie, in a sentence, is the a 120 minute Real World, minus the puck.

Lord Of the Rings - It was 3 hours of getting my balls pounded flat with a wooden hammer.  I don't know if the movie was good.  I still have no idea what it was all about. I think someone lost their ring, then someone else found it, and then who ever lost it got real pissed and started killing people.  well, then the guy that found this ring decided he would return it.  well, that really didn't work out for him, seeing as how the movie JUST FUCKING ENDED.  WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:19:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lord Of the Rings - It was 3 hours of getting my balls pounded flat with a wooden hammer.  I don't know if the movie was good.  I still have no idea what it was all about. I think someone lost their ring, then someone else found it, and then who ever lost it got real pissed and started killing people.  well, then the guy that found this ring decided he would return it.  well, that really didn't work out for him, seeing as how the movie JUST FUCKING ENDED.  WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT?
View Quote

Christ.  I can only hope you're joking.  I fear in my heart you're not though...
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Dead Ringers... the worst ever.

Psychotic Twin Gynecologists... just creepy.

We walked out of that stinker
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:31:41 AM EDT
[#40]
[b]"Death in Venice"[/b] has to be the all-time worst movie ever made.  The worst thing is that it's often considered a really good "art" movie.

Disturbing movie about some dirty old pedophile who's dying, and comes to Venice to live his final days.  Towards the end of the movie, I'm yelling at screen - "Just die already!" - the film takes forever!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Silver Bullet (1985)

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Anything and evreything with Pauly Shore in it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Tank Girl.

One of those "I can't believe how bad this movie is" movies.  But you keep turning back to it every 5 minutes.  I hate those kind of movies.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#44]
cable guy
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#45]
There's not enough Zantac 75's in the world to ease my stomach pain when I think that any Austin Powers movie could ever be a cult classic. Barfooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Reindeer Games=crap

Eye of the Beholder.  WTF was that movie even about????

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#47]
US Seals "Hey lets go to a former Soviet country and rent out some military gear and try to make an action flick!"

Is there really an US Seals II?  Note:  This is not the same film as Navy Seals with Charlie Sheen and the guy who played "Reese" in Terminator and "Hicks" in Aliens--Navy Seals was bad, but you have to see US Seals to understand just how low the bottom of the barrel is.

Other bad films:  Anything starring the two Coreys--Haim and Feldman.  Arrrrgghhh!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Anything with Kathy Bates.

Kathy Bates should be illegal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anything with Kathy Bates.

Kathy Bates should be illegal.
View Quote

For the children???
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Exit to Edin

Rosie in leathers need a i say more [puke]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top