Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2007 1:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2007 1:43:50 PM EDT by leungken]
What is the worse cigar(s) you ever had, in terms of taste, flavor, harshness, not base on if the cigar knock you on your ass or make you sick.

My entries:
Fake Cuban Partagas 2005 EL cigar (there is no Partagas 2005 EL), taste and smell like cigarette tobacco rolled into a cigar...harsh, bitter, yuck.

JR Ultimate, save your money folks. Cannot keep it in any condition, it is either too wet ot too dry. Split wrapper, exploding cigars are very common.

Davidoff Millennium Blend, none of the Davidoff signature, excessive peppery (harsh black pepper) and spice, burns my throat for the rest of the day.

"Fresh" JR ALternative to RP 1992, actually smokable after 9 months in my humidor cabinet.

Fake Cuban Cohiba Sublime, at least it is not in a clear top box.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 1:26:51 PM EDT
I'm a total noob to cigars but I tried the Kahlua sticks and man oh man, way to sticky sweet for me. I've had cigs that were to strong for me but I don't think they were "bad", just not right for me.

Mark.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 2:30:30 PM EDT
La Finca during the boom. Grass clippings rolled in newspaper would have tasted better.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 2:34:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 2:34:40 PM EDT
White Owl.

I have a policy with bad cigars...I make myself smoke the whole thing just to make sure I burn it into my mind...do not smoke this nasty shit again.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 2:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2007 2:49:56 PM EDT by 40BOY]

Originally Posted By leungken:
What is the worse cigar(s) you ever had, in terms of taste, flavor, harshness, not base on if the cigar knock you on your ass or make you sick.

My entries:

...JR Ultimate, save your money folks. Cannot keep it in any condition, it is either too wet ot too dry. Split wrapper, exploding cigars are very common....

This is surprising to me. If you like that Villazon Honduran profile, the JR Ults are usually good. Especially the Maduros and Oscuros.

My worst would be some bundle of JR Alts I bought as a total newb. Threw 21 of them in the trash. Lesson learned They were alternatives to good cigars
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 2:50:21 PM EDT
I had an Onyx Robusto once that was junk. When they're good, they're great, but when they're bad, run away. It tasted like somebody had rolled up ass hairs inside a banana peel. I had other sticks from the same box that were great. There is just no consistency with that line, that's why I don't get them any more. MJD
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 3:07:18 PM EDT
I have had a lot of bad cigars but most a so unmemorable I can't remember what they were.
I can remember I was smoking Sancho Panza (Non-Cuban) one night and the cigar was okay but not great, when I got done went up stairs and started watching TV when all of a sudden I had a horrible headache and I felt sick to my stomach in the process in heading to the bath room, I threw up. I don't know what was in the cigar but it took years for me to smoke another Sancho Panza.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 5:43:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARndog:
White Owl.

I have a policy with bad cigars...I make myself smoke the whole thing just to make sure I burn it into my mind...do not smoke this nasty shit again.

And you expected...........

Link Posted: 11/12/2007 6:07:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LancerMc:
I have had a lot of bad cigars but most a so unmemorable I can't remember what they were.
I can remember I was smoking Sancho Panza (Non-Cuban) one night and the cigar was okay but not great, when I got done went up stairs and started watching TV when all of a sudden I had a horrible headache and I felt sick to my stomach in the process in heading to the bath room, I threw up. I don't know what was in the cigar but it took years for me to smoke another Sancho Panza.

Hmmm, I rather enjoy the Sancho Panza Double Maduro.

For me I bought a box of Aristoff thinking a Nicaraguan puro would be right up my alley. Got a whole box on special for $30. Man, these sticks were nothing but harsness. Not even much in the way of flavor, just harsh and bitter.

Link Posted: 11/12/2007 6:11:38 PM EDT
Fuente Opus X.

Yes you heard right.

The reason. I bought her because I got a new job and I smoked her at the Palm in NYC on March 31, 2003, the last day you could smoke legally in swanky bars like the Palm. I smoked that mofo down to the nubbin I was so determined to get every last puff in. It made me sick though and I puked.

So I guess it was more my fault then Mr. Opus.

Link Posted: 11/12/2007 6:28:49 PM EDT
Te-Amo's from Mexico rank as worst right now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 6:34:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARndog:
White Owl.

Those are horrible. I have to agree with you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 9:36:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 40BOY:

My entries:

...JR Ultimate, save your money folks. Cannot keep it in any condition, it is either too wet ot too dry. Split wrapper, exploding cigars are very common....

This is surprising to me. If you like that Villazon Honduran profile, the JR Ults are usually good. Especially the Maduros and Oscuros.

My worst would be some bundle of JR Alts I bought as a total newb. Threw 21 of them in the trash. Lesson learned They were alternatives to good cigars

Maybe I got a bad batch, the cigars came in slight over moist, after drying it out and place back in the humidor, no matter what humidifier I use, I have a hard time keeping them in any smokable condition. The last one I smoked was this Saturday, it have been sitting in my cabinet humidor for 9+ months, and after the first 2" or less of burn, the wrapper start to split.

In any case, life is too short to smoke bad cigars.
Link Posted: 11/12/2007 9:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2007 9:40:13 PM EDT by leungken]

Originally Posted By Angelshare1:
Fuente Opus X.

Yes you heard right.

The reason. I bought her because I got a new job and I smoked her at the Palm in NYC on March 31, 2003, the last day you could smoke legally in swanky bars like the Palm. I smoked that mofo down to the nubbin I was so determined to get every last puff in. It made me sick though and I puked.

I think you got overdosed with nicotine, which even the best of us have experienced. Besides, Opus X is one of the strongest cigar, but then, it might be a bad one or fake (yes they make fake Opus and Padron '64 and '26).

Guys. great responses, keep it coming.
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 2:39:54 AM EDT
any mexican cigar,really....i dont care for the aroma,flavor profile.
some blends that use mexican leaf are ok,but mexican cigars rank tops in my will not smoke list.
hell,during the boom,i smoked my fair share of don nobodys,and cuban knock offs,
and i lived to tell about it.....but i wont make those mistakes anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 2:53:49 AM EDT
Black & Mild (or any flavored cigar)

Link Posted: 11/13/2007 2:57:28 AM EDT
Acid. Cold Infusion Tea.

Got one in a sampler. Tasted like someone had bundled and wrapped a hand full of incense sticks. Took hours to get the taste out of my mouth after about 1/3 of the cigar (I was hoping it would get a little better so I didn't snuff it outright).
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 5:07:04 AM EDT
Any thing acid.

I know how they got the name.

Might as well of smoked battery acid
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 6:24:40 AM EDT
La Flor Dominicana Ligero

Link Posted: 11/13/2007 7:02:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
Black & Mild (or any flavored cigar)

What else are highschool kids supposed to smoke? (Actually it was Gold&Milds....)
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 7:08:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TC6969:
I had some rum flavored skull & crossbones stick that actually hurt my mouth.

Rum Runners, I've actually had a few of those that I thought were pretty good, some not so good.

I was going to say some stuff from the late 90's cigar boom I had were down right awful, until someone above mentioned Acid cigars. I had one once called Nasty, its namesake was an understatement. I thought I was going to die.
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 4:25:11 PM EDT
Recently? A Helix, don't know the exact type (purple tube) that one was, but it was nasty

A nice Montecristo #2 fixed that mistake
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 6:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/13/2007 6:47:41 PM EDT by gaspain]
Don Lino - Havana Reserve (from the boom period)

tasted like a dish of grandmas potpourri
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 2:55:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gaspain:
Don Lino - Havana Reserve (from the boom period)

tasted like a dish of grandmas potpourri

you ate your grandmas potpourri?
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 7:03:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2007 7:04:32 AM EDT by Angelshare1]

Fuente Opus X.

Yes you heard right.

It came from teh Waldorf Astoria cigar shop. They've always had consistent quality.

I think you got overdosed with nicotine, which even the best of us have experienced. Besides, Opus X is one of the strongest cigar, but then, it might be a bad one or fake (yes they make fake Opus and Padron '64 and '26).

Guys. great responses, keep it coming.

It came from the Waldorf cigar shop. Barkley Rex. They always have good quality. I doubt it was a fake. I started out pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 1:28:43 PM EDT
Not sure, it was a Don Manolo or Don Mateo someone gave to me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2007 2:37:46 PM EDT
This is why I tend to stay away from this forum, its worse than 9mm vs. 45ACP argument.

JR Ult's are some of the best sticks out there, to me. Also to me, anyone who expects a good smoke from and JR Alternate is smoking too much of that funny stuff.

Link Posted: 11/15/2007 9:23:33 AM EDT
Don Mateo back in the 80's was a good smoke, but their a joke today so I would stay away from them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 9:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2007 8:25:19 PM EDT by npd233]
Montecristo Platinum.

got a 3-pack from one of the freebie deals that someone posted on here about (the ones from a magazine)

First two I smoked tasted like I was smoking stale fireplace ashes, and they looked (and smelled) fresh.

I'm almost afraid to try the third one, and there's no way in hell I'll pawn it off on someone else.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 10:02:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
This is why I tend to stay away from this forum, its worse than 9mm vs. 45ACP argument.

JR Ult's are some of the best sticks out there, to me. Also to me, anyone who expects a good smoke from and JR Alternate is smoking too much of that funny stuff.

JR has like 100+ different Ult/Alt. blends, its ridiculous! Thats why its easy to call them all bad, even though you may have smoked a good one or two.

To each his own, one mans turn is another's treasure. Just find a reviewer who likes what you like and discuss.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 10:16:06 AM EDT
Rightly so not all of the JR cigars are bad. Most of the cheap stuff they practically give away when you purchase something from them are ones I would especially stay away from.

Thompson cigars in general are just horrible, and normally have tobacco beetles to thats why I'll tell people to stay away from them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 11:59:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 12:15:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

Originally Posted By Hoppy:
Acid. Cold Infusion Tea.

Got one in a sampler. Tasted like someone had bundled and wrapped a hand full of incense sticks. Took hours to get the taste out of my mouth after about 1/3 of the cigar (I was hoping it would get a little better so I didn't snuff it outright).

ACID...fucking sucked

Did I give you an Acid at the Hun Farm back in 05? I know I brought some with me there.

If so, sorry ya didn't like it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 12:16:32 PM EDT
black and mild
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 5:40:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 5:41:38 AM EDT
There are not 100's of Ult brands and to compare them to Alts...
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 6:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2007 6:11:28 PM EDT by npd233]

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

Nope, not that I know of. I was in Columbus Ohio when I tried it....

Ok good.. didn't wanna be on the hook for anything!
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 3:55:57 PM EDT
Acid it was a bachelor party....

The Monticristo with the artsy wrappers ughh just way to fragrant it was like smoking Neimum Marcus.

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 3:56:44 PM EDT

Fuente Opus X.

Yes you heard right.

They are expensive and I'm not convinced they are worth it but they are damn good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:25:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By npd233:
Montecristo Platinum.

got a 3-pack from one of the freebie deals that someone posted on here about (the ones from a magazine)

First two I smoked tasted like I was smoking stale fireplace ashes, and they looked (and smelled) fresh.

I'm almost afraid to try the third one, and there's no way in hell I'll pawn it off on someone else.

Last night, I had a nice dinner, nice pot roast, carrots, tomatoes, salad. Root beer.

Figured I'd give the last Montecristo Platinum a try.

It didn't taste as bad as the first two, but about 2/3 through it, I went from feeling good to being violently sick within a matter of a minute. I don't normally puke without good reason and am not otherwise sick, so I was surprised when I had to do so. Holy cow what a bad experience. I'll hesitate to ever smoke another Montecristo again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:41:04 PM EDT
One of my great grandfathers cigars from 1945. It was as bad as it sounds and looks.

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:22:20 PM EDT
I have had bad luck with the Monte's as well....The H2000 Taj's were the last decent ones I smoked.

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:42:25 PM EDT
Had a Zino that was just puke-worthy....
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:51:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dace:
One of my great grandfathers cigars from 1945. It was as bad as it sounds and looks.

i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/poohbigb/hahninkorb.jpg
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/poohbigb/hahninkorb2.jpg

Are you sure those are cigars and not the can he used to pick up after the dog?
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 5:02:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 5:21:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 4:18:26 PM EDT
Lone Wolf....ewwwww.....

I usually will give a smoke a chance...because sometimes they will get better...

After 30 minutes...I HAD to throw that one out...it was flat NASTY!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:44:59 AM EDT
I was at outlaw cigar in KC the ACID group was there giving out cigars, I had never heard of them so I was like hey sure I will try anything. Went to the bachelor party latter that night took about 8-10 drags off of it litterly I turned green it was all I could do to keep my dinner down. I threw it away had to remove the ash tray from my table becuase just the smell was making me ill. It was like sucking on a indian metrosexuals shirt. Worst thing ever
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:41:25 PM EDT
Some crappy Vanilla #3 cigar a guy at work handed out to celebrate his daughter being born.

3 puffs and I tossed it out the window.

It tasted MUCH better before I lit it then after.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:14:07 AM EDT
Anything with a flavor (vanilla, cherry, cranberry, honey, watermellon, etc) tastes and smells horrible.

I've met very few regular cigars that I did not like. I've smoked the cheapest of bundled turds from JRCigars (alternatives) and Famous to the best Ashton and Fuente. I like them all.

Top Top