Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:52:13 PM EDT
My housemate is a WoW fanatic.  He constantly regales me with explanations of his new abilities and adventures, and often begs me to "power level" his characters (play them for him while he's out working, so that he can advance faster).  He also ventures strong opinions about certain types of characters in the game and their relations to their players' likely sexual perversions.  I would therefore like to create a new character for him to play.  Is this doable without damaging anything?  I don't want to wreck his game, just give him a few new options to further explore his in-game personas and their sexualities.

How do you create characters, and is there a limit on the number you can play on one account or in one "realm"?  Can you have characters of widely different types, i.e., create "hunters" as well as "wizards", without screwing anything up?  I don't want to cause his existing ones to disappear (he's got them up to pretty high levels, and with "expensive" in-game equipment), only to create a new one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm I don't play WOW and I could still probably give you advice- I'm still familiar with the game. Someone who currently plays could give you more detailed ideas, but the gist is, yes you are able to do what you want to do, perhaps a very useless character type named HAYWOODJA_BLOHMI. ;)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ummmm I don't play WOW and I could still probably give you advice- I'm still familiar with the game. Someone who currently plays could give you more detailed ideas, but the gist is, yes you are able to do what you want to do, perhaps a very useless character type named HAYWOODJA_BLOHMI. ;)

Heywood Jablomi is a better version. Or Ima Cunt.

Or name the character Supa Killa. That's bound to get him lots of popularity. (inside joke; apparently there's a guy named Supa Killa who joins MMORPG's for the sole purpose of player killing and pissing people off)
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Create a character named Leroy Jenkins........
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or name the character Supa Killa. That's bound to get him lots of popularity. (inside joke; apparently there's a guy named Supa Killa who joins MMORPG's for the sole purpose of player killing and pissing people off)

Neither name would get past the filters. Even if they did the namin nazi's would report it as soon as they saw it.

Back in DAOC I had a hunter named Trueaim Wadshooter and I had my name forcibly changed. I had that name for like 2 months and I guess someone was offended by it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Or really freak him out.  Create you're own character and play it for a week or two.

One day when he's at work, transfer all of his money to your account, and give his character a new cheap cape/hat/sword.  When he comes home, tell him about the awesome deal you got on the new item, and it only cost you 500 gold (or whatever he had).  Watch the fireworks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
10 characters per realm.  Faction and type doesn't matter.

It does matter on PvP realms.  Only one side there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Mailing all the gold to someone else works well.  Used to mess with my cousins account bad.  When he was ;eve; 11 I ran him into STV and jumped off a bridge and logged him out with no hearthstone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to get a bunch of cheese and go to low level areas saying I was from the Stormwind Welfare office and give it out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Taxman, you sound like him.

Thanks guys, so it's doable, but could anyone walk me through which buttons to push?  He's gotten me to do some periodic spells when he's not going to be around and doesn't want to lose a day of "cooldown" time, but other than those half-dozen mouseclicks (and his password, heh heh), I know notheenk.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#13]
take his character into Ironforge, strip him naked, and dance for money.

Happens ALL the time.

BTW, if you make a hot female character and do the above, you can make some SERIOUS cash.

Oh, and take screenshots.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#14]
After the "loading characters" message, you shoudl come to a screen showing his character(s).  At the bottom right is a button that says "Create Character".  From there you can figure it out.  As long as you stay away from teh little button that's marked "delete", you'll be fine.  

Also, Blizzard is very good about restoring deleted characters.  If you DID managed to destroy his character, he'd be able to get it back in a week or so.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#16]
All set, thanks.  Going to be interesting to see his reaction next time he plays.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Ummmm....... housemate?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither name would get past the filters. Even if they did the namin nazi's would report it as soon as they saw it.

Back in DAOC I had a hunter named Trueaim Wadshooter and I had my name forcibly changed. I had that name for like 2 months and I guess someone was offended by it.

You could always name your character Ima Jackov and claim it's Russian. It really is!

Or Ismael Lykrap. Probably take a while for anyone to get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top