Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 6:29:46 PM EDT
These are some pictures I took of the World War II Memorial that I thought you all would enjoy.  It was the same week as Ronald Reagan's funeral, which explains the magazine.  I'm not sure how long my bandwidth will last, so sorry if they die soon.  Anyway, here you are:

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I visited it several months ago. Impressive and somber. The Korean War Memorial was terrific too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I visited it several months ago. Impressive and somber. The Korean War Memorial was terrific too.

I agree.  I visited all of the monuments at sunset for the first time.  It was moving, to say the least.  A few nights later I had a few too many beers and decided a monument run at 2am sounded like a good idea.  Sitting alone, in pitch black, in complete silence in front of that wall of stars was sobering experience, to say the least.  I don't know of any other time in my life I've felt so worthless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top