Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2002 7:04:14 AM EDT
I was just wondering who you think is going to win the quarterfinal game on Friday between Germany and the USA. I think that USA has a fair chance to win this game. 1; the performance of the Germans is not that great right now 2; The Germans consider the US as underdogs and this seems to be completely fatal. 3; five players of the US national team played in the German national Cup (3 active of today) – and one at the current champion Bayer Leverkusen). Why Germany could win: 1; if the US score early on they will get there acts together and play professional soccer 2; Germany just won in March a friendly game 5:2 3; The German national team is a typical competition team – the suck at the beginning and get better and better at the end. 4; See number 3 at the top – these are the Key players in the US Team and therefore the German know about there strengths and weaknesses Curios to see what you think. Christian ______________________________________________________________________ English is not my mother language – if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes you can keep them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:10:29 AM EDT
the team that kicks the most goals, unless busted for steroids, wins that match.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:16:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:21:46 AM EDT
I can't imagine the U.S. making it to the finals, which is what they would need to do to face Brazil. Give us another four years, though, and who knows... I think we have a chance to beat Germany based on the speed and unpredictability of our team, but fundamentally Germany is a better team and I expect them to win.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:56:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:10:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2002 8:14:34 AM EDT by TigAR]
[b]I think that USA has a fair chance to win this game.[/b] 100% [b]1; the performance of the Germans is not that great right now[/b] When is it ever [b]2; The Germans consider the US as underdogs and this seems to be completely fatal.[/b] Like WW2 [b]Why Germany could win: 1; if the US score early on they will get there acts together and play professional soccer[/b] US will score early and often [b]2; Germany just won in March a friendly game 5:2[/b] So [b]3; The German national team is a typical competition team – the suck at the beginning and get better and better at the end.[/b] Yep [b]Curios to see what you think.[/b] Germany is going down like a '44 air raid But then who cares, Football starts on September 1st
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:13:15 AM EDT
I will root for the US team but I don't think they will go pass the Germans. The Germans are too strong, I think Germany and Brazil will face each other in the final (I could be wrong)...Nevertheless, the US did extremely well in this world cup, more than anyone ever expected. The defeat of Mexico was the highlight....and man, I love it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:16:25 AM EDT
I disagree. If you read German newspapers - they say the complete opposite. The US -team was very lucky to get this far. They lost to Poland and the only reason they are still there is because South Korea won against Portugal. If Portugal would have won or even tied the US wouldn't be in the semi finals. This is why Germany will completely underestimate the US-team - as Portugal did. But the US-team plays not a very fast game it plays a very secure defense game - with two assault players - and looking at the tournament that seems to be the key to beat all those favorites. But Germany plays also a very defense game - only against an underdog they team will open up and become vulnerable.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:54:21 AM EDT
Bruce Arena has been a genuius with his lineup combinations. If the USA scores first, we will win. Freidel has been a WALL. If Germany scores first it will be tough but do-able. GO USA!!! I'm off Friday and I'll get up and watch the game live.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:08:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2002 9:08:56 AM EDT by STG77]
Just found the odds: Brazil – England: Brazil wins : 2.1 (sorry Imbroglio) England wins : 3.2 Germany – USA Germany wins : 1.6 USA wins : 4.6 Spain – Korea Spain wins: : 2.0 Korea wins : 3.4 Trukey – Senegal Turkey wins : 2.55 Senegal wins : 2.55 Which means you bet 1 US$ at www.interwetten.com and if you are right you get that multiplicator. The odds seem to completely disagree with your votes. Good luck America – I hope you win.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:41:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:37:53 AM EDT
If the World Wars are any indication, I'd put my money on the good old US of A!!! USA - 2 Germant - ZIP
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:45:58 AM EDT
World Cup? Is that that Sailing deal? It isn't soccer is it? Next thing you're gonna tell me is that people in the U.S. care about it...yeah, right... Let's see run and kick the ball or hit it with your head...hmmm Isn't that what the kids who weren't athletic did in gym class? Us real athletes were doing sports that require multiple skills, that happened to include running, and some even kicking. Sorry, I cannot get excited about it and I was actually at the final in France in '98 (HP took me there on a boondoggle) Just a bunch of Frogs and Brazilians drinking and singing while a bunch of guys ran around kicking the ball. I'm with Jim Rome and clones on this "sport". Of course, that's just my opinion..I could be wrong. Let the flames begin!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 12:42:54 PM EDT
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the US beat Mexico (whom was the favorite I believe) with second string players?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:22:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cgwahl: Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the US beat Mexico (whom was the favorite I believe) with second string players?
View Quote
same thing as Portugal - USA was considered underdog - completly fatal - Mexico could not find a solution for the defense of America and Friedel (the Goalkeeper) was just phenominal. On the other hand Poland had nothing to loose and wanted to give a good show before they leave bingo 4:0.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:26:35 PM EDT
I think the US has a chance, however, Germany can grind it out longer than some, and this might figure into this match. Hell we are in a spot we have never been already. It would be way cool to advance again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:40:04 PM EDT
Germany's going to win.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:44:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By STG77: Just found the odds: Brazil – England: Brazil wins : 2.1 (sorry Imbroglio) England wins : 3.2 Germany – USA Germany wins : 1.6 USA wins : 4.6 Spain – Korea Spain wins: : 2.0 Korea wins : 3.4 Trukey – Senegal Turkey wins : 2.55 Senegal wins : 2.55 Which means you bet 1 US$ at www.interwetten.com and if you are right you get that multiplicator. The odds seem to completely disagree with your votes. Good luck America – I hope you win.
View Quote
Is interwetten a trustworthy betting service?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:16:14 PM EDT
I think the USA is coming prepared, especially now that they have the Mexico momentum going. I think the game will rest on whoever capitalizes on the other team's mistakes!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:26:44 PM EDT
[img]http://community.webshots.com/uploads/41287370.jpg.tmp?7239[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:22:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:28:44 PM EDT
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:38:08 PM EDT
That would be AWESOME if USA wins! But I don't think they have what it takes for Germany. The bigger question is who is going to stay up/wake up early to watch the fuc|
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:01:48 PM EDT
Those Germans have been acting pretty arrogant lately. I think they need to be taught a lesson by Uncle Sam. GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:40:55 AM EDT
Sorry Guys; Germany won luckily 1:0 against a better and stronger playing USA. The US had 6 serious chances to score and the Germans only two. But don't be disappointed this is how Germany always played and always will play - they somehow unbelievable get themselves into the semifinals and further.
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:44:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:48:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2002 5:49:48 AM EDT by STG77]
Tell her Turkey is going to kick their butt. Yep, that sucks. Brazil made it. So my wife stayed up and watched. She was dead tired this morning when I asked her about it. She just looked at me and pounded her chest and went back to sleep. So I will cheer for Germany to piss her off.[}:D][/quote] Tell her Turkey is going to kick their butts
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 5:55:19 AM EDT
Nothing to be sorry about!....Team USA did [b]extremely well![/b]. It was a good game and good showing in the part of the US team. We are the top 8 teams in the world, a much improved and a better team than we were in 1998 world cup in which we were dead last. Thank you team America! [beer] [b]USA! USA! USA! USA![/b]
Top Top