Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/24/2005 5:05:44 PM EDT
Ladies, do you have any workout videos that you use that you would recommend? I need to start working out but I have such a hard time to motivate myself to go to the gym. It's a lot easier for me to work out in my own home than anywhere else.

Can yall help me out? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:21:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 5:22:51 PM EDT by pattymcn]

Originally Posted By frtloop85:
Ladies, do you have any workout videos that you use that you would recommend? I need to start working out but I have such a hard time to motivate myself to go to the gym. It's a lot easier for me to work out in my own home than anywhere else.

Can yall help me out? Thanks!

I love Billy Bank's Ty Bo [sp?] His 8 minute work out is an excellent starting point.

Patty

*ETA* Come join us in Woman's Fitness: link
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:26:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 5:26:22 PM EDT by SP1Grrl]
Slim in 6, by Beach Body. linky
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:36:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 5:37:13 PM EDT by frtloop85]
I used to do Tae Bo...and loved it.

SP1Grrl...Slim in 6 really works? I'll have to look into that one.

ETA: Do yall know anything about Kathy Smith?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:10:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 6:12:36 PM EDT by SigZiggy]
S Factor - Turn on your guy AND exercise at the same time

ETA: Kathy Smith is pretty mellow...If you are half in shape, get something like Buns/Arms/Abs of steel instead. Slim in 6 is pretty mellow as well. I'll send you mine if you want them...I work out mostly in the gym now. Shoot me an IM if interested.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:31:09 PM EDT

I used to do Tae Bo...and loved it.

SP1Grrl...Slim in 6 really works? I'll have to look into that one.

ETA: Do yall know anything about Kathy Smith?

Yeah, it works. When you do it. I hear.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:04:47 AM EDT
Belly Dancing is great! I like Veena and Neena. There are different levels though. I'd recommend starting at a low one so you learn how to do the moves correctly. The lower levels don't feel too much like a workout, but it at least will get you off the couch.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:39:44 AM EDT
For a great, easy ab workout, try a pregnancy yoga video where there are lots of pregnant women doing yoga. When I was pregnant, I tried a yoga video and laughed for 20 minutes. My stomach ached so much from laughing that I had to turn off the video for fear that I'd give birth right there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:55:02 AM EDT
I think I'm going to try the Slim in 6 for now....eventually I'd like to do Yoga. Might even eventually look into the Belly Dancing one sometime.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:08:18 PM EDT
well find a gym that has alot of good looking guys, that outta get you motivated
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:10:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoeyA:
well find a gym that has alot of good looking guys, that outta get you motivated

I have only one guy that can get me and that's my boyfriend....and even he can't get me motivated to go to the gym.

I feel more comfortable working out in my own apartment than in a gym anyways.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:07:53 PM EDT

I have only one guy that can get me and that's my boyfriend....and even he can't get me motivated to go to the gym.

lo.l......your only saying that cuz you know he can read this, but i didn't say you had to go shopping for a replacement....like looking at sports cars...i know I can't afford that Enzo Ferrari, but it sure is nice to look at it and admire it
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:29:15 PM EDT

lo.l......your only saying that cuz you know he can read this, but i didn't say you had to go shopping for a replacement....like looking at sports cars...i know I can't afford that Enzo Ferrari, but it sure is nice to look at it and admire it

haha...nope...I was serious about that.

It's mainly an issue of where I feel comfortable working out at.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:10:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By msbubba99:
Belly Dancing is great! I like Veena and Neena. There are different levels though. I'd recommend starting at a low one so you learn how to do the moves correctly. The lower levels don't feel too much like a workout, but it at least will get you off the couch.

That's what I do!!!
Top Top