Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2002 7:01:15 AM EDT
Dear Sir:

I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block 2 of my accident report form. I put "poor planning" as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six story building. When I completed my work, I found that I had some bricks left over which, when weighed later, were found to be slightly more than 500 lbs. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley, which was attached to the side of the building on the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof, swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope holding it tightly to ensure a slow descent of the bricks.

You will note in Block 11 of my accident report that I weigh 135 lbs. Due to my surprise of being jerked off the ground so suddenly it seems I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope.

Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building! In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel which was now proceeding downward at an equal and impressive speed. This explains the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in Section 3 of my accident form.

Slowed down momentarily, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers on my right had were two knuckles deep into the pulley system. Fortunately, by this time, I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of beginning to experience a great deal of pain.

At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel now weighed approximately 50 lbs empty. I refer you back again to Block 11 where I stated my weight of 135 lbs.

As you can imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I once again encountered the barrel coming up the side of building. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and several laceration of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately, only three vertebrae were cracked. I am sorry to report, however, that as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope.

I lay there watching the empty barrel begin it's journey back down onto me. This explains the two broken legs.

I hope this answers your inquiry into my claim.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I know how the poor guy feels
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen it before, but its still funny as hell!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
LOL. If only that was a true story. Sad thing is I bet they get claims that are wierder than that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, that tale's been around for years, but it's still funny as hell.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Early Computerguy??? [BD]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Early Computerguy??? [BD]
View Quote

Hehehe.  I heard that WB was going to make a cartoon out of CG's life, but it was too damn violent.  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats so funny, wow.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#9]
ComputerGuy get a new job or something???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top