Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 8:26:52 AM EST
I subscribe to [url=www.merriamwebster.com]Merriam-Webster's[/url] "Word of the Day." The word for January 4 was [red][b]Imbroglio[/b][/red]:
imbroglio \im-BROHL-yoh\ (noun) 1 : [red]a confused mass[/red] 2 a : an intricate or complicated situation (as in a drama or novel) b : an acutely painful or embarrassing misunderstanding *c : a violently confused or bitterly complicated altercation : embroilment
View Quote
Just thought y'all would like to know!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:34:37 AM EST
And here I thought it was Latin for troll.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:55:38 AM EST
Hell, here I was thinking it meant 'Doesn't even acknowledge receipt of Christmas Gift Exchange, just to keep Ol' Hun worrying..' Or something like that! Eric The('ConfusedMass'IsJust[u]So[/u]Judgmental!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:01:58 AM EST
"A cynic is a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." ~ Oscar Wilde.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:49:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Hell, here I was thinking it meant 'Doesn't even acknowledge receipt of Christmas Gift Exchange, just to keep Ol' Hun worrying..'
View Quote
Even though I was under great duress, I still managed to email you a thank you card!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:04:28 PM EST
Imbroglio IS latin for Troll. Don't let the modern English definitions fool you.
Top Top