Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 10:07:30 PM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134589,00.html

Looks like he DID meet him before tonight after all.

This, of course, will throw the Left into wild hysterics about how he lied and such....

Just think: That's the BEST they can counter with?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
lol

It still doesn't counter the point that Cheney never met Edwards in the Senate.

Edwards seems like someone who I could meet and forget within an hour.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]

As gay as Edwards looked sipping on that coffee mug. I would never forget his face and always watch my backside if I saw him again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
lol

It still doesn't counter the point that Cheney never met Edwards in the Senate.

Edwards seems like someone who I could meet and forget within an hour.

Exactly!  

Edwards is such a fucking lighweight that Cheney put him in the mental round file immediately after shaking hands with him.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
"He who is in control of the topic wins the argument."

This should be the slogan on the Democratic Ticket this year.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

As gay as Edwards looked sipping on that coffee mug. I would never forget his face and always watch my backside if I saw him again.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you ever introduced your self to someone you have met before but dont remember because he did not leave an impression or wasn't important enough.  I think that what Dick meant
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I think John Edwards is grasping at straws............
Perhaps he should go back to chasing ambulances
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Edwards repeatedly made the usual Halliburton accusations, and the VP replied that Democrats use Halliburton as a smoke screen to cover up their own screwups.
To make the Halliburton smokescreen understandable for Edwards, VP Cheney made the "never met you" comment to indicate that Edwards rarely attends Senate sessions.  
VP Cheney rules!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Edwards didn't forget. The Democratic vice presidential nominee noted the discrepency at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park and used it as an example of Cheney "still not being stratight with the American people."

If Edwards was sharp, he could have called Cheney senile, but apparently Edwards was so flustered that he didn't remember either until after the debate was already over.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:12:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Edwards didn't forget. The Democratic vice presidential nominee noted the discrepency at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park and used it as an example of Cheney "still not being stratight with the American people."

By that standard, we can say that the entire Kerry campaign is an example of "them lying through their teeth to the American people, and not having a clue in general anyway".
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:16:46 AM EDT
[#11]
THey met at a swearing in of another senator, and sat with each other for a few hours THREE YEARS AGO.  Yeah, that's seeing a lot of each other.

It doesn't address Cheney's point which is the fact that Edwards almost never voted as senator.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:20:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
THey met at a swearing in of another senator, and sat with each other for a few hours THREE YEARS AGO.  Yeah, that's seeing a lot of each other.

It doesn't address Cheney's point which is the fact that Edwards almost never voted as senator.

AND that whatever Johnny HAS done in the Senate has been less than memorable....

Regardless, I still like the fact that Dick rammed the essence of the issue right down Edward's throat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When Edwards was campaigning for Senate he came to the campus of UNCC where I was finishing up my Senior year.  I was sitting on a bench when Edwards and his advisor stopped a few feet from where I was seated and started discussing a speach he was about to give on the quad..

I don't say this about very many people, but I could have sworn he was gay.  His campaign advisor definately was.  It was funny to see him pouting and whining little a little girl, and then 5 minutes later turn it off like a switch when the local news crew showed up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:35:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:53:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone see the excerpts from the debate.  When both men (or should I say one man, and a little boy) came out and sat down - they both began to scribble notes.

They showed a shot of Edwards writing down something, and without turning his head, looked sideways over towards Cheney.  My guess, either he either wanted to look at what Cheney was writing down, or he expected a shot upside his head from Dick.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I heard some libs crying about that today
did anyone actually take that statement seriously when cheney said it?
I immediately figured it was a joke or an exageration making fun of edwards absenteeism from the senate in the last few months
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, but Dick Cheney voted against Nelson Mendela 20 something years ago!  That and the plastic weapons thing.  Those are the best Johnny boy could come up with in regards to voting records.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

geeze was thinking the save thing, he had that shy "I give good blowjobs" look.  Should have turned up that pinky finger.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#21]
lots of crazy spin about the "never met him" line starting on page 3
the libs even dug up pics of the two together
www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=389229&perpage=25&pagenumber=3
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Regardless, I still like the fact that Dick rammed the essence of the issue right down Edward's throat.

Well said. I think that statement was absolutely eviscerating.

The other strong point that Cheney made was that sKerry's voting record on national security for the last 30 years strongly casts into doubt his willingness act decisively as commander in chief. There was no way past that statement, only around it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134589,00.html

Looks like he DID meet him before tonight after all.

This, of course, will throw the Left into wild hysterics about how he lied and such....

Just think: That's the BEST they can counter with?

What it means is that Edwards was not notable enough to remember.  Figures, look who he wants to work for.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Edwards: "You did meet me, you DID meet me...it was at a breakfast function 3 years ago. I was the guy with the good hair  and the red tie. You did meet me."

Cheney: "Sorry son, I just don't remember you from that little get together. We were in the same room at the State of the Union too - I don't remember you from that either. . But I was referring to you being in the Senate during business hours - you know, when you were supposed to be voting on Intelligence / Defense / domestic issue legislation."

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Edwards: "You did meet me, you DID meet me...it was at a breakfast function 3 years ago. I was the guy with the good hair  and the red tie. You did meet me."

Cheney: "Sorry son, I just don't remember you from that little get together. We were in the same room at the State of the Union too - I don't remember you from that either. . But I was referring to you being in the Senate during business hours - you know, when you were supposed to be voting on Intelligence / Defense / domestic issue legislation."

Yep!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top