Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2002 1:17:11 PM EDT
My wife was due on Tuesday so they are going to induce tomorrow (Friday).  I'm stocked, cant wait!! I'm gonna be a Dad!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!

Be patient. Even induced labor can take a little time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Well good for you, shit good for her!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
congratulations!  We are trying to have one too!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
congratulations!
its a proud, fun, challenging, emotional, trying, awe-inspiring, unbelievable, and beautiful time in a man's life to be a father.

my son is going on 7 yrs old. i look at him sometimes after a trying day and all those feelings return fresh as ever!  boy or girl, it doesnt matter. being a father is just special.

next year, my son get his .22 cal Henry Golden Boy !!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!!   I'm serving the last few months of my last 18 year sentence...

Edited to say;  The only problem with kids are that they become teenagers...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats on the baby!

Remember the day.  You will not think of any other day the same way that you will remember the day of the birth of your first child!

Make it pleasant for both you and the Mizzus.

And the child.

Snippet from Rita Rudner monologue:

"I asked my husband if he was going to be in the Delivery Room with me when I had our baby.  He thought hard for a momement and then said 'Yes, but it better be a very big room....with a bar at one end of it.'"

Eric The(Daddy/Granddaddy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations indeed on your imminent fatherhood!  I have been beside my wife the entire time for both of our childrens' births, and it was an amazing experience.  I openly wept both times, and even with my poor memory I remember both of them well.

The first time is always nerve wracking.  I was worried I was in the way or hindering the doctors.  The second time I tuly had fun with it.  However, everyone looked at me like I was a nut when I said "Bring in the most expensive machine, and the machine that goes PING!"  I guess there aren't many Monty Python fans in the medical profession.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on the bambino.
Another future BRC attendee.

[beer]

ARH
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats! My daughter's birthday is today and I can remember that day in the birthing room seventeen years ago like it was yesterday. Few of my memories are quite that vivid.

Only one more year 'til CCW time for her!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thought the thread said 'Seducing the wife tomorrow'and was going to try and get lucky! I see you already did! Congratulations DAD![:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife was due on Tuesday so they are going to induce tomorrow (Friday).  I'm stocked, cant wait!! I'm gonna be a Dad!!!!
View Quote

Get some good sleep tonight if possible and be prepared to be real patient, because induction labor is very hard and very sharp for her. There is no gradual buildup to it, it's just BANG!!!! Hard Labor!!! and it can go for quite some time.  

Also, tell her not to be a hero.  There is something called and Interthecal where they inject painkillers directly into the spinal fluid.  Takes that hard edge right off and reduces the pain (so my wife tells me) to a hard pressure as opposed to "more pain than you can possibly understand (tm)."

But, when it's all over, you will be unbelievably happy.  You'll want to hug everyone you see and scream out at the top of your lungs how beautiful your baby is.   It'll change your life.

I've got two, a girl, 3, and a boy 9 mos.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top