Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2001 6:34:12 AM EDT
I've got shitloads of scrap wood laying around my house, and I've been thinking peices of plywood might make nice reactive targets.  I was thinking 2x4s cut to about 4" long (for a 4x4" target, or chunks of plywood), then putting two eye bolts on one of the small sides and suspending the block from my target string with two pieces of string so it wouldnt swing in the breeze and if I clipped the string, my whole row of targets wouldnt go down.  I'm looking at shooting .22lr and .223 at it, is this a wise/safe thing to do from about 25 to 50 yards?

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Edited by garandman
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you shut the hell up about the mcuzi.com shit?

Now on to the plywood. We usually shoot at plywood, but it has targets stapled to it. We shoot at it with rifles at a 100yds up to pistols at 5ft and have never had a problem with it other than it occasionally wears out.

As long as you have a good backstop I don't see where it would be a problem.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you think a 4x4x2" block of wood would swing around after being hit by a .22lr?  I dont know if the .223 would make it dance, considering how fast the bullet is going, it might just blow a hole straight through.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I really couldn't tell you. Its kind of hard to guess at what a bullet is going to do until you try it. I've shot at clay pigeons set up on the ground with my .22's to only shoot holes straight through them sometimes. Just set it up and see what happens. It can't hurt to try.

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top